“What a feed!”

Ranked #55 of 5,536 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: The charming and cozy Restaurant Pod Vezi - in the heart of Prague in piqturesque Lesser Town, is calmly hidden in the shadow of Charles Bridge gothic tower. The Restaurant offers wide choice of delicious meals from Czech and International cuisine together with wide range of drinks and selected wines from domestic and foreign production. Whether it is your business meeting, lunch or fine dinner in Prague, our Chef and his team are always ready to provide you with their specialties and professional service. Get your culinary experience in charming atmosphere of our historical building while enjoying our suberb location in UNESCO protected area of historical city center of Prague. Restaurant Pod Vezi opening hours: daily 12:00 – 23:00 WI-FI connection in restaurant is free of charge.
Townsville, Australia
“What a feed!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Having arrived in the afternoon at Hotel Pod Vezi, with the snow falling, I decided to "eat in".
What a choice. I have had some dang good meals on this trip, but this blew them out of the water.
Started with goulash soup served in a small loaf of bread. My first taste of true goulash- yum! Main of sirloin in vegetable cream sauce with dumplings, creme fraiche and cranberries! Sounds like a weird combo, but boy did it work. I washed it down with the sommeliers recommendation of Malbec. Not usually my favourite wine, it was spot on. I really didn't need anything else to eat, but when the waiter offered dessert, I couldn't resist. He suggested the cheesecake, good call. So, my first meal in Prague was brilliant.
The restaurant is intimate, beautifully appointed and the staff are really friendly and expert in their service.
Subsequently I ate at several great places, but returned to Restaurant Pod Vezi for dinner on my last night in Prague. They managed to better my first night!
This time I went for Goose liver terrine as an entre , delicious. I followed it with goulash (wow), and a dessert of flambe crepe with oranges and pistachio ice cream. The dessert tasted amazing, but the theatrics of the flambe at the table was magic.
So two brilliant meals served by great staff.
While in Prague I ate at Francouzska's, at the Municipal House. A real fine dining experience, however the food did not match Pod Vezi.
I also ate at Tri Stoleti where the meal was brilliant and the setting lovely, however it lacked the detail in service that Pod Vezi has.
Yep, I have no doubt that, to date, I have had two of the best meals on this trip at Restaurant Pod Vezi.
It is not the cheapest feed in Prague, but compared to the rest of Europe and for the quality, I don't reckon you can do better!
This is a great place and I don't think should be missed if you are in Prague.
Ooops, forgot to mention the location. Right next to the Charles Bridge, I guess I got blase, staying at the hotel :-)
Do not miss this reataurant or the hotel.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Preston, England
“Great Meal”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were staying at the adjoining hotel so we decided to try the restaurant. The 15% residents discount was an added incentive. Our main courses (Pork Knuckle and Spaghetti Pomodoro) were very good as we're our desserts (Apple Strudel and Sorbets). Add in a couple of drinks each and we paid around 850k including our discount. By my reckoning this is around £35 in sterling which I don't think is overly expensive for what was an excellent meal. Well worth a visit.

“Cold and expensive food, poor service”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This restaurant was the worst and the most expensive I have ever visited. We waited for our dinner more than one hour and then we got absolutely cold meals which we returned back. However we told the waiter we're disappointed, there was tip on our bill. We'll never come back.
It is a disgrace to Prague.
Beware

2 Thank Monicka111
Colchester, United Kingdom
“A good place in prague”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I came here with my girlfriend on the last night of our trip to Prague. The location was ideal as it was just before the Charles bridge and the food was a decent price too. Friendly staff and good atmosphere. The bad point was that not all meals were great :the goulash was really tasty and well presented, the apple strudel too but I was a little bit disappointed with the pork knuckle which was quite dry and tasteless.
It is a restaurant that I would advise you to go to if you are not really looking for something in particular.

Nb: 10% will be added to your bill at the end of your meal for the service

Prague
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, great service, perfect location”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went there with an offer from Slevomat, which meant that the meal was half price, but I would have happily paid full price for the starter and mains. They were amazing, the venison and then beef were cooked to perfection. For desert, we both had chocolate mousse with mint sauce, which wasn't so good, in fact that was the most disappointing part. Overall a great experience, not typical Czech prices because of its location right next to Charles bridge, but worth it for a special occasion.