“Stinky oil smell and terrible food”

Restaurace U Benedikta
Ranked #818 of 5,372 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, Central European, Bar, European
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
“Stinky oil smell and terrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Came to this restaurant because of the 'good' reviews, but our experience was terrible. First of all, the place is full of stinky oil smell, very dark and dated deco; secondly and the worst thing is our food is no way near what people said about this place(4.5 stars?!)-my soup was way too salty; fried potato was bunt and again very salty; our mains were equally bad as everything else. All-in-all, we will definitely not recommend this place. There are so many other nice Czech restaurants around old town.

2 Thank Mydj

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing taste, prices and choice!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

It's so cool that restaurant is not on the crowd road with a lot of tourists. When we came here at 8pm there was very quiet and looked like a resataurant but after 1 hour there was a lot of people it was fun, I like czech style. There is good interior design. But food......it is AMAZING. Very tasty and big portions for a small money. For example, koleno 1400gr costs 250kr. And amazing big menu. There is all that you want from vegetables to meat and fish. Highly recommend this place.

1 Thank Sergey A
Crowborough, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went here for an evening out as part of my Mum's 60th celebrations and had great Czech food and it was warm enough to sit in the rustic courtyard.

Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank furrycoat
Tigsnpoo24
“Lovely local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I went here for diner and had lovely local food. It has a nice homely feel inside and a great varied menu. We had pork and chicken dishes which both tasted great and looked good. The food was tasty and very reasonably priced (700K for two mains and two drinks). It was very busy so we had to share a table with another couple, but we took this as a good sign.
Great place to stop for reasonably price good authentic food.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Tigsnpoo24
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Great prices, hot or miss food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

As a family of four, we saw what looked like a great deal. The restaurant was in a downstairs hall with very interesting decorations, all looking like a great sea adventure. The prices were very reasonable. My husband had trout, which was delicious. I had the mixed meat platter, which came out on a very distinctive display of a huge skewer mounted on a holding rack. It was okay, but I would not order it again. My older son had something called Bear Paws and t was like a cube steak, with a garlicky gravy. It was okay. My younger son ordered a pork medallions with bacon and sausage and it was the best meal of the four. Add to that, 3 beers, 2 soda pops, 1 bottled water, and two VERY large shots of Slivovitz . It all came to about $60. THAT is a deal and a half. I would go back, but I would not order the mixed meat platter or the Bear Paws. I'd stick to the fresh fish and pork medallions.

• Visited June 2012