“Great Food and Atmosphere”

Restaurace U Benedikta
Ranked #727 of 5,705 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went here for an evening out as part of my Mum's 60th celebrations and had great Czech food and it was warm enough to sit in the rustic courtyard.

Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank furrycoat

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I went here for diner and had lovely local food. It has a nice homely feel inside and a great varied menu. We had pork and chicken dishes which both tasted great and looked good. The food was tasty and very reasonably priced (700K for two mains and two drinks). It was very busy so we had to share a table with another couple, but we took this as a good sign.
Great place to stop for reasonably price good authentic food.

2  Thank Tigsnpoo24
Reviewed October 25, 2012

As a family of four, we saw what looked like a great deal. The restaurant was in a downstairs hall with very interesting decorations, all looking like a great sea adventure. The prices were very reasonable. My husband had trout, which was delicious. I had the mixed meat platter, which came out on a very distinctive display of a huge skewer mounted on a holding rack. It was okay, but I would not order it again. My older son had something called Bear Paws and t was like a cube steak, with a garlicky gravy. It was okay. My younger son ordered a pork medallions with bacon and sausage and it was the best meal of the four. Add to that, 3 beers, 2 soda pops, 1 bottled water, and two VERY large shots of Slivovitz . It all came to about $60. THAT is a deal and a half. I would go back, but I would not order the mixed meat platter or the Bear Paws. I'd stick to the fresh fish and pork medallions.

1  Thank Busy Marie
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The restaurant is not on the main road, so you have to know it to get there. The Menu comprises of local and international cuisine. You have a lot to choose from. Very clear menu, so you know what you order and what you get. The food was very good, and the price relatively cheap.

2  Thank Avia110
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a delicious meal here. Both the Garlic Pork with Rosemary and the Sliced Beef with Potatoes were wonderful and served with large portions. The menu is quite extensive. They have a clear, concise website in English. Great attentive service: We asked for tap water with ice ..... and actually got tap water with ice. Not that common in other restaurants. And, the prices are very, very reasonable. This was our most satisfying meal in Prague. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Worldtravellvr