“Don't be put off by the reception”
Review of Hotel DAP

Hotel DAP
Ranked #234 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Upon entering the reception, I thought I had stepped back into the pre-Iron Curtain era. The somewhat curt greeting I received didn't detract from the 1970s feel. My room was on the 3rd floor and I chose to walk up the stairs rather than take the lift. On each floor there is an amazingly spacious landing area and when I finally opened the door to the corridor that my room was on, the corridor was wide enough to drive a tank down. The room was one of the most spacious I have ever come across. The entrance hallway led to a large bathroom and then into the bedroom proper which had a big seating area and some large wardrobes in addition to the bed itself. The decor was simple but clean and modern. The whole hotel was actually very clean and gave the impression it was new and well cared for. The bed was comfy - note though, that despite asking for a double room (to stretch my legs in bed as I am tall) my room had two single beds next to each other. The shower was hot and vigourous. The breakfast was surprisingly good with a variety of juices, cereals, bread, cheese and meats as well as the usual hot fayre (bacon, sausages etc). Location wise, the hotel is right next to the spot where busses arrive from the airport and also to a metro station, so very well connected. Around the circle of roads outside the hotel there are some nice bars and restaurants so plenty to do in the evening without stepping out too far (good if you are a solo traveller). I didn't use the restaurant but the menu didn't look completely appetising!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed in Hotel DAP for one week in a double room. The room was very spacious, clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good, great variety of food, both hot and cold breakfast offered.
Wonderful location, close to Metro and Tram. Very easy access to all the sites.
Price very reasonable. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shakerattleandroll
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed at hotel DAP in Feb 2014 and had a fantastic time. DAP is situated a heartbeat away from the end of the metro A line (Dejvicka) it takes roughly 5-10 minutes to get to the main station Mustek which is a short walk from both the Old Town and New Town.

I stayed in a single room which was very clean and spacious with lots of wardrobe space. I felt very safe in this hotel which was very important to me a young female on my first solo travel! The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is continental buffet and isn't anything to write home about but is edible and tastes fine, I went down for breakfast each day and enjoyed what I had to eat.

In summary I recommend this hotel and would definitely stay at Hotel DAP again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank geelovesthesun
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed 5 days at Hotel Dap and had a very pleasant experience. It is a 1 minute walk to the metro (right next to the hotel) so it is easy to get to all of the major sights. I walked to the Castle in about 10 minutes; it was a straight walk, so you don’t have to worry about remembering directions. You may wish to use the bus or metro for other sites, but you could walk (I’d guess 25 minutes to Charles Bridge). Prague is a somewhat confusing city (but very lovely), so the metro may be the best bet. There is a Billa supermarket about 4 blocks (a 5 - 10 minute walk) from the hotel. There are also banks for ATM and coffee shops nearby.

The room was quite large, and there is air-conditioning (the temperatures were in the 70s so I didn’t need it). The hotel and my room were very clean, and the breakfast was the best I had in my 5 week, 6 city tour. There was a variety of hot and cold food and the hot dishes changed every day. The staff was very pleasant, although I got the impression that the receptionists work long hours and so they may not always be super polite (but they are still usually pleasant).

I found this hotel to be a great value; if it was within easy walking distance of the Charles Bridge it would be an excellent find

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank james_tesol_teacher
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Once again Trip Advisor was the catalyst in us finding us this wonderful hotel on the edge of Prague. Its about 3 stations from the centre of the city, and while the hotel is quite large - 7 floors I think - the rooms are spacious, the corridors wide ( see photo) and the breakfast is varied and delicious. The reception staff were most helpful, and with a metro station about 200 metres from the front door getting into the centre of Prague was easy and inexpensive.

I can say I would explore Hotel DAP gain when we go to Prague and the international airport is about 14 Euro's away. Nearby is a very good Czech restaurant as well as American fast food outlets. There is also a bus station near the metro which connects to the airport for those wanting to save money, and all in all the three days we spent there was one of the highlights of the 3 weeks we had in Europe

Room Tip: I can't commnent on this but the room we had on the 5th floor was like a loft with thick wooden...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank OscarGreen
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I tried to stay at this hotel several times, but it was always full. Finally, on my last trip there was a room available so I booked it. I had a very large room with a balcony ( 301) facing the back, which was very quiet. There was modern furniture,fridge.The TV had only 1 or 2 English channels.
The only thing which I was very disappointed was the shower, which had a faucet with a shower hose, but there was no way to hook it on the wall, so we had to hold it and sit in the bathtub.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sroubek
Reviewed September 6, 2013

3 star hotel that gives excellent value for money.
Breakfast has every something different, rooms are big, staff is friendly. Location is excellent next to taxi stop. For a business this is an excellent hotel.
If I need to give a point for improvement it is the gym. Some free weights and it would be perfect...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business