“Unexpected wonderful concert!”

Ranked #4 of 140 Concerts & Shows in Prague
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were passing by and got a handout about that evening's chamber music concert - we bought tickets - and it was WONDERFUL!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The review title says it all. Magnificent building and interiors, in line with the stylish outlook of the whole town centre really.

If only the bar weren't so over-priced...

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My friends and I saw a chamber orchestra concert here. For about $10 we had good seats and the acoustics were great. They provide coat checking for free and request that you do so. Great place full of history for a concert.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was my first classical concert experience and I am glad I decided to go.
There were people handing out flyers as I walked to have breakfast around Jewish Quarter. Took one and had a glance at the programme, not bad selection so I went inside to enquire about ticket prices. There are 3 different prices, the cheapest one was 700 Kr. However, the lady explained that if we purchase before 11am, we will get discount of 200 Kr. The concert lasted roughly 80 minutes so it was worth it. The seating area is not elevated so if you choose to sit at the back then you won't be able to see the performance unless you are really tall.
Acoustic was amazing and I thorougly enjoyed it. They may have more performances in the Spring/Summer period but when I was there, it was only weekend (winter).
Location is very close to Staromestska train station and there are also tram number 17, 18 and 53 that stops nearby.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a great place to listen and see a concert. A beautiful old concert hall from the Habsburg era. Lovely acoustics, which is nice if you've got one of the fair number of (very cheap) seats with blocked views due to interesting placement of gorgeous columns in the hall.

2  Thank dewey206