“An all too brief Prague visit, but an excellent one” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
Book a Tour
Ranked #46 of 474 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: Tailor-made tours: Experience Prague as a local. Licensed, experienced and fun tour guides. Day trips in and from Prague.
Melbourne, Australia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“An all too brief Prague visit, but an excellent one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

With what I must admit was a limited knowledge of Prague and it's history and with only 1 1/2 days of my itinerary allocated to the city (a mistake, I immediately realised) I decided to splurge on a guided tour for both days. I had hoped that this would mean that best use could be made of the limited time available and, with an insider to accompany me and share stories, what I did see would have greater meaning and create stronger memories than I could achieve rushing around, snapping photos and (inevitably) getting lost. How right I was. From grand vistas and palaces, to peeing statues and paternoster lifts, I loved it all and would not hesitate to use Private Prague Guide to take me further afield next time. My friendly, knowledgeable, avocado-loving host Linda, asked me if it would be OK if her dog joined us on the second day. Dudi (apologies for the clueless spelling) garnered smiles from strangers all day and allowed me to feel, just a little tiny bit, as if I belonged. A worthwhile and thoroughly rewarding investment.

2 Thank Meander19

• Finnish first
Glen Gardner, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Best of Prague Tour, Pilsner Urquell Brewery Tour and Wine Tasting in Moravia - Lednice & Valtice Chateau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We never knew the benefits of doing a Private tour until we experienced working with Private - Prague Guide.com. We knew private tours were not cheap, but you truly get "what you pay for" with this tour company. We were in beautiful Prague for 4 days. Three of the four days we went on private tours conducted by Private-Prague-Guide.

We were leary booking several tours online, knowing our experiences and appreciation of Prague would be determined through the eyes and knowledge of the private guide. We did the "Best of Prague Tour" with Linda. She was fantastic! For 6 hours we walked the city, viewing and hearing about the rich proud history of the Czech Republic. We saw sights and went to places one would never experience on a "big" tour. Her love of Prague was evident through her vast knowledge of the city and Czech history.

We also wanted to see things outside of the city. :For these tours we were so fortunate to have as our guide Jay, the owner of the company. He was unbelievable. One day we went to the Pilsner Urquell Brewery Tour and the city of Pilsen. I don't even drink beer and found the day fascinating!! Jay takes great pride in his company and is always looking for new places of interest to bring his clients that only a local would know about. Any request you have, Jay will make it happen! Once again, his great love and pride for his country made us fall in love with the Czech Republic.

The "Wine Tasting in Moravia and Lednice & Valtice Chateau tour was also a memorable day. We loved the Winery Jay took us to where we tasted many local wines with a somelier with us explaining each wine. He then tailored his selection of wines based on our likes. We've been to many wine tasting tours throughout our travels, but this was truly unique and memorable.

Both Jay and Linda treated us like members of their family who they were proudly taking on a magical look at their country. We fell in love with Prague and the Republic because of the tours they provided. Will we return, DEFINITELY!! When we do, the first thing we will do is contact Jay for more unique, wonderful tours.

1 Thank Joe1118
Tel Aviv, Israel
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Private tour - guide - Dagmar Kaclova”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

She is a great tour guide. Knows all the places in Prague, takes you to local places where turists do not arrive on there own. Her English is perfect and she deserves her prices.
Dasha can take you to all the site in Prague as well as to recommend you on other places in Prague or out side of the city. She is pleasent and know where to take the tourists.

2 Thank Yahaloma
San Francisco, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best of Prague Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We recently went on a 6-hour tour of Prague with our wonderful host Dagmar. Even though we weren't staying in a hotel and rather a flat in town she still came to us. The walking tour was fantastic! We learned a great deal of the finer historical details of Prague the tour books don't tell you. It's always that much better when you have a true locals perspective and expertise when exploring a city. I definitely recommend doing this as close to the beginning of your trip as possible because she gave us some great tips and recommendations for other things to see, places to eat and drink for the rest of our stay. Also a big thanks to the owner, Jay, for getting us in pretty last minute. He was very quick to respond via text and email.

2 Thank Jeff K
Pasig, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“'Best of Prague Tour'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Had a very good 6-7 hour walking tour with Katerina, and we definitely were able to experience much of what the city had to offer through her tour. Prague's very much a walking city, and there's no better way to experience it.

3 Thank jakta