“A fair coffee shop but nothing outstanding”

Friends Coffee House
Ranked #72 of 158 Coffee & Tea in Prague
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Friends Coffee House offers interesting environment with a unique atmosphere and friendly staff. We roast our fresh coffee inside the coffee house. Enjoy the historical settings, water fountain and extensive library. Great range of coffees, home made sandwiches, shakes, cakes and much more.
Dallas, Texas
“A fair coffee shop but nothing outstanding”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The prices are a bit high for just average coffee/pastries. The most outstanding part is the atmosphere: lots of seating, good wifi, they even have private rooms you can use for meetings and such. The servers were nice.

• Visited October 2012
MiroSebi, Owner at Friends Coffee House, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Kinsey,

thank you so much for your review. We are happy you like the atmosphere and our staff. You mention the prices of our pastry are too high. As the only pastry we sell are croisants for 19 CZK
we do not really understand your comment. As for our coffee prices - we are positioned between fast food chains and coffee chains. As we offer our own 100% arabica freshly roasted high quality coffee blend we cannot really sell our coffee at the prices fast food chains can...
We hope to see you here again and please feel free to talk to us any time.

Best regards,

Tomas and Mirek

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Comfy atmosphere, decent food, average coffee”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here, the food took a while but was good, sandwiches and salad. Alas, they were out of sausages, so I didn't get to try the hot dog. The biggest drawback was that my macchiato was cold, as in cold milk was poured in for the cream. I realize that happens some places, I'm just not used it. Next time, I'll ask, as I prefer the steamed froth. Anyway, the best thing about the place is the atmosphere, garden room, library room, and the fruit drinks looked good even though I didn't have one.

• Visited July 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great coffee”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Great coffee for fair price right in the center of Prague. Dessert are delicous. I love the room with the library.

• Visited May 2012
Scotland
“Your oasis in the middle of the city”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Great coffee and freshly squeezed fruit lemonades, modern surroundings, light airy wintergarden, warm cozy rooms, relaxed atmosphere, good food. A place to find and then to revisit.

• Visited April 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“just love it”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I love this cafe, I keep coming here for a while. It's a great place to hang out, really cozy. They are putting up faces of their customers on the walls for decoration, cute idea. Their in-house roasted coffee is one of the best I know, one of the main reasons for me to return.

• Visited April 2012