Deminka Palace
$269
$232
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjunior suitewenceslas squarenational museumold townkitchen areagorgeous roomseparate kitchenbeautiful old buildingcentral heatinghigh ceilingsp pavlovarestaurant downstairsnice hotelshort walkbreakfast was deliciousno air conrecommend this hotel
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The outer part of the buiding does not prepare you for the beauty of the inside. The entrance is narrow, but impressive and the rooms are absolutely beautiful with hardwood floors and lovely furniture, which combines classic elegance with minimal design. No complains on breakfast, although nothing spectacular about it. Location is good, a short walk from the main attractions of the city center. Loved every bit of our stay in Deminka and would visit again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank dudegr
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I picked this place as a second choice as many places I chose were booked out. I also chose it for it's " boutique" element and the TripAdvisor reviews. Plenty of my colleagues booked chain hotels at cheaper rates but got better value however!

One setback was booking with Expedia which meant I paid AUD176 for superior room, equivalent of Euro 140. Cheaper to book directly with hotel.

Cons:
1.I was in Prague for a conference, so it was it was a short train ride to Vysehrad, but it's located in new part of town, so a bit boring, & you either need to walk for at least 30mins to old town or catch train
2. The hotel was staffed by young people who didn't know how to help & the manager was only available from 12pm- of which time I was out
3. The hotel double-booked my room & I was told by night porter I was booked into another hotel on my last night of my 1 week stay. No apologies or explanation why I had to leave as opposed to the other customers. The staff were unable to help on 2 consecutive days & deferred everything to the manager who was never available, which meant I couldn't make other arrangements until 1pm the day before I was asked to transfer hotel.
4. They swapped me to a cheaper hotel nearby of poorer quality & weren't going to reimburse me the difference in money until I asked
5. Hotel was an apartment, no living furniture, had to watch TV in dining room
6. Cleaners never cleaned dishes or replenish toiletries- and it had a kitchen with no cleaning products etc
7. Breakfast was crap, fruit was old, most things overcooked. Friend who stayed in chain hotel Novotel had way better food & service
8. Not really boutique, hotel had tacky decor in rooms- large photo of HK & Australia... Go figure!
9. No laundry service
10. Minibar was very limited, no coffee or tea etc, strange given it has a kitchen
11. Bathroom has no shower curtain so be prepared to wet the whole place
12. No dressing table , only sink in bathroom so nowhere to put toiletries!

Pros:
1. The manager Luigi was helpful(when he was there!). He emailed me useful info before I arrived & was prompt with emails
2. Room was large especially if you are staying for more than 2 days or have more than 2 people staying as has kitchen
3. Secure, has locked door
4. Close to train station
5. Spa bath
6. Nice old building

Overall I wouldn't recommend it if you want value for money, my colleagues who paid less had better value in chain hotels. I saw plenty of nicer places on TripAdvisor for less( book early is my advice during spring season!)Not recommended if you want quaint boutique as it ain't that!
But OK if you have children and want space, then superior room is ok.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank EatBeast
Sales79, Manager at Deminka Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear Guests,

We know we had some troubles with your reservation but we solve it finding you another Hotel in the same location and the same standard 4*. You didn't like it but this one it's not our fault.

Also we paid more for the night we move you and also you ask for an extra refund....

A part this i'm not here to writing you all my concern about your point, but you can see the differences with other review posted there that says completely different things.

We thank you for your review, we can get always some negative point to improve.
Have a nice day,
Best Regards

Sales Manager
Luigi

Reviewed April 16, 2011

This was an excellent choice for us, first-time Prague travellers. You truly get your money's worth.

It's located right behind the Metro station, close to the Nat'l Museum and State opera (3-5 minutes walk to each) and within walking-distance to main shopping district/restaurant chains, and yet sheltered from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist streams. (The hotel is not very well-known and its entrance not too conspicuous--therefore be sure to have a map if you're coming for the first time.) Main city attractions by tram or metro are within about 10-20-minute reach.

Ample breakfast buffet and very accommodating staff. However, there is no "built-in" restaurant, so you can't get room service. (The hotel's restaurant is located nextdoor, where there is only a smoke-free section, which is not really free of smoke. But this is normal for Prague.)

Great quality rooms with good sound isolation (our room was right next to elevator but we couldn't hear anything). Free WiFi and welcome drinks.

If I had to sum up my experience, it was really like a VIP staying at this "insider's tip" (there didn't seem to be that many other guests).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank j-m-suliban
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Wonderful hotel, conveniently located centrally in Prague. Breakfast was nice, the buffet had a nice selection of a wide range of everything from the regulars – yoghurt, bread, coffee... – to things like pizza and lemon pie. The room was absolutely amazing, spacious with a nice, big bed and a very beautiful and fresh bathroom. We even had a small library with books in the room! A bit unusual was it though, that the bathroom had a water heater, instead of the usual central heating...

Altogether, I'd warmly recommend this hotel, the value for the money is great.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank augustekman
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Stayed here during long weekend. The place can be a bit difficult to find, but when you're there WOW! It a newly restored Prague turn of the century building with beautiful ornaments.
The room is extremely spacious, with living room, kitchen, a nice bathroom and a huge bedroom. We only had the kingsize room, there's even much larger rooms.
The personel was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was included and good.
The location was actually perfect, just away form the crazyness, but within 15 minutes walk to the Charles Bridge.
I would realy recommend this gem. And also it is real value for money.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple