“Surprise”

Platina Restaurant & Garden
Ranked #271 of 5,468 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Description: Come to taste our new concept of exceptional Czech cuisine prepared with a modern twist. Our Chef Jakub Vomacka prepares his dishes exclusively from fresh, seasonal and local ingredients of the highest-quality. His culinary art combines tradition with invention. Platina Restaurant & Garden is a stylish restaurant situated at the very heart of Prague in a historical building, located only a few meters from the Charles Bridge. Our elegant outdoors garden offers trendy open air courtyard at the very heart of Prague. Just sit down and enjoy calming sounds of falling water in our renaissance fountain.
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
“Surprise”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It is a long time when I was in some restaurant and I got feeling that it should have been like in PLATINA Restaurant. Great staff, great food, I got what I needed. I have just one feedback for everyone, I will find more time to visit this nice place in Prague to spend. And when you have to pay, you will get other surprise and it is reasonable price you pay for this great pleasure.

• Visited November 2012
TomasNesvorny, General Manager at Platina Restaurant & Garden, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed dining in our Platina Restaurant & Garden in the Old Town and really liked the service and most importantly our food. For this season, we are also preparing many new things, such as more modern table set ups and new fresh lighter menus. Hope to see you back!

• Czech first
  • Slovak first
Miami
“Not bad, not great ”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

1st time at this restaurant was ok. Food was not bad and service was very good. There were a few tables and another 2 in its lounge. 2nd time was our last night in Prague and we were tired so we decided to go to a calm place and have a light dinner. We were disappointed that we were the only table and with that service was slow and the food not so good. The 2 waitresses just kept talking and laughing out loud... so much for a quite night.... don't think we'll be back again.

“Fantastic food and superb environment”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I seldom go to Hotel restaurants, but feeling tired after an earlly flight we decided to try the Platina at Hotel Leonardo, Prague, where we were staying. The food was so good and so well presented that we ended up dining there the three days we spent in Prague, and would have gone again if I had stayed longer in Prague. Better still, the price was very reasonable. I definitely recommend it!!!

Tomas N, General Manager at Platina Restaurant & Garden, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear JGARO, Thank you for your nice review of our Platina Restaurant. I am very happy to hear you loved the food so much and enjoyed dining with us. Best Regards!
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice restaurant in a good location”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were not staying at the Leonardo but had this restaurant suggested to us by our own hotel. The restaurant is 4 or 5 minute walk from the Charles Bridge. We found it very accomodating and quiet inside. The food was very good - we had duck and paprika chicken. We found it much lighter than much of the Czech food. Service was excellent and the price was quite reasonable. I recommend this restaurant to anybody visiting Prague.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank dccv1
Tomas N, General Manager at Platina Restaurant & Garden, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear dccv1, I am very glad you did enjoy our Czech restaurant in Prague and did like the quality of the food. All the best! Tomas Nesvorny, General Manager, tomasn@hotelleonardo.cz
Sheffield
“Foie gras to die for!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I had found this restaurant while searching on the Internet and as were were staying nearby decided we should try it. We had a friendly welcome and enjoyed an excellent glass of Bohemia Sekt Prestige before our starters of Terrine de Foie Gras with fig chutney, which beat anything we have tasted in France and at a fraction of French prices. Main courses were slightly disappointing, my guinea fowl wrapped in pancetta was a little overcooked and therefore dry but the flavour was excellent. My parner's veal saltimbocca was also very good but the accompanying risotto lacked something. My panna cotta dessert was good but my partner's roulade was like shop bought and disappointing. We had en excellent bottle of Czech red wine, an aged pinot noir, which I would recommend highly. Coffee was some of the best we have ever had, I would love to know what blend they use! We were also offered a free disgestive after the meal. The atmosphere and service were both very good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Visited October 2012
Dear GaryW123, I am happy to see you had great time in our Prague restaurant and thank you for your comments about the food. I did discuss them with the chef. As per your coffee question, it is a Costa Rican blend of navcafe that we get through a local supplier. I am affraid thought, you would not find this in the store. Thank you for your visit! Tomas Nesvorny, General Manager, tomasn@hotelleonardo.cz