“Lann Davis was a joy”

Prague Day Trips
Ranked #240 of 536 Tours in Prague
Type: City Tours, Tours
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We took the walking tour with the Red Umbrella Company, which I understand is the New Europe Tours. In Prague, you will find several companies offering free walking tours around Old Town Square. For the tour to acclimate us to Prague, we took the Red Umbrella Tour. Lann was an entertaining, informative guide. I give him 5 stars, but we took the Yellow Umbrella company for our other tours. They have smaller, more intimate groups; the tour we took with them of the castle area had 4 people. This was way more manageable. It was easier to hear and to move around the city.

2  Thank Susan D

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Beware of Rado Jewelry on Celetna 17, Praha 1. My husband and I just got back from a trip to Prague and we purchased some red garnet earrings For my mother. Not really knowing the price of garnet, we made an error in calculating the exchange rate, and realized that our purchase was not $200 but $2000 . The salesperson at the jewelery store did not do the calculation for us in Canadian as she said she didn't know so we did and got it wrong. We didn't realize the immense error until an hour later and we promptly went back to the store to return the items. They refused and would not refund us on our MasterCard. They said they could not do it because their manager was not in the store and would not be back for 2 to 3 days. This is ridiculous as every store should
have someone working there that is authorized to put in the necessary code in the machine to
refund a card. They knew we ad to leave the next day as we were on a tour. We couldn't believe that a so- called reputable jeweler would not refund, especially given the time of return and the circumstance. We asked to speak to the police so they brought someone in who was quite questionable as a police officer. He would not speak with us at all ( mainly because he could not speak English...very convenient) and seemed to smirk and laugh about the situation clearly siding
with the sales people. At that point we knew it was fruitless and possibly a staged situation. We tried to stop payment on our MasterCard from the store, but the owners would not authorize. We loved the beauty of Prague, however, this store put a major damper on our view of the integrity of it's people . Also, the Canadian embassy was absolutely no help in this matter.
Signed,
2 Canadians who will never make an exchange rate mistake again nor recommend that you shop at Rado with the big R in Prague.

10  Thank Laura C
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I too, in 2009, enjoyed the pleasure of having Rasto as a tour guide to Kutna Hora from Prague. It was an excellent tour, and as a matter of fact I am going again to Prague (summer 2013) and would like to hire him for a tour but cannot find any contact information. If anyone knows if he is still doing business as a tour guide and can pass along an email or business address/number I would be most appreciative. thank you sincerely,
Diana Hromish

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have already written about this shop, but I would just like to add a warning, don't trust the owner. I have been very disappointed in the quality and professional way that this owner has run his business. With the quantity of shops in Prague, I am sure there is another shop you can spend your money in.

5  Thank Nicole J
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Well worth the walk. Guide was more than informative with a rich history of Cz Rep in terms of social, historical and political background. The guide himself made the event more than the company.....bring very comfortable walking shoes. Advertised P/U at hotel, but that was the last you saw of transportation. Tour ended in Old Town, on your own to get back to your hotel.
All tours seemed to work the same way....P/U at your hotel, taken to a central point to board the large bus, then brought back to the central meeting point. You walk back to your hotel, so be prepared.

1  Thank WWH47