“Gem in old town, Prague”

Hotel Clement Prague
Ranked #66 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Happened on this gem of a hotel in old town Prague purely by luck. What a great surprise it turned out to be! Located on a quiet side street (Klimenska) off a major drive (Revolucni) and centrally located within walking distance to Republic Square, Old Town Square, and Charles Bridge. To the north is a peaceful park and a short walk to the bank of the Vltava River and the piers for many lunch and dinner cruise river boats. The rooms are smallish but very clean and fully functional. The hotel staff is well-trained, very courteous, and extremely helpful in answering all questions. One of the front receptionist even took the trouble to take us up to our 7th floor room! The breakfast buffet is both generous and diverse, and the kitchen staff took the trouble to rotate through their menu to change things up. Both Veronikas are to be commended on their very positive attitude to keep the customer engaged. We will definitely stay in the Hotel Clement again in our next visit.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have good views of the old city
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mhlean
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear mhlean

Greetings to California on this sunny Sunday morning!

Let me first apologize for using your very "impersonal" log-in name when addressing you. The code of conduct of Tripadvisor does not allow me to use your "real" name.

Thank you for having taken some of your precious time to send us a note on Tripadvisor. I am very happy you enjoyed your visit to the Golden City of Prague and we were able to contribute to make your stay a memorable one.

The location is very good, the hotel not too large (77 rooms) and as such the relationship with the guests can be kept at a "human" level. This is of utmost importance to me. Thank you for mentioning the name of Veronika - I will for sure pass your compliments to her.

Breakfast has greatly improved over the past 12 months since I took the management of the hotel - we want to have the best breakfast for this category of hotel. A few items and some variety is still missing - but we are working hard to improve daily. As of October 1, for example, our guests will dispose of a brand new coffee machine in the breakfast area, where you can pick from REAL coffee - Espresso, Cappuccino, Caffe Latte and so on. I cannot wait to see this but need to patient a few more months....

I am delighted to read we met your expectations in most areas of our Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back to Prague and the Hotel Clement again, in the near future.

Kind personal regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We visited Prague and Hotel Clement at the end of April 2014. Our friends recommended this Hotel for us and we were more than happy there. Location is perfect, hotel is very nice, clean and people working there are the best!Everybody is very helpful and always smilling:D We will definitely come back soon, thanks lot for wonderful experience:)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edit E

Dear Edit E

Greetings to Košice and Slovakia.

Dear Edit - please be so kind to accept my apologies for not being able to respond to your review in Slovak language - AND, for the fact, that Tripadvisor does not let you comment in your native language but you need to write in English ....

Thank you very much for taking a few minutes of your precious time to write this very positive and motivating review about my hotel. We appreciated your visit and your stay with us and hope, we will be able to welcome you again in a not too distant future.

Thank you for your very personal and warm comments with regards to my staff - It makes me very happy to see, you appreciate the philosophy of this small and private hotel: you, the guests, should "almost" feel like home. To hear, the staff are doing their utmost in order to please you and deliver more than you expect - this is fantastic.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Prague and the Hotel Clement again, in the near future. If you need any assistance, then please never hesitate to contact me personally.

Thank you for having stayed with us!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just returned last night from a week's stay at the Hotel Clement. I can confirm that this is one of the best boutique hotels that I have stayed in. I have travelled extensively and have never seen a manager and assistant manager so dedicated to their craft. From the moment I arrived I was warmly greeted by name and taken thru the fastest check in I ever rec'd! Which was very much appreciated after an 18 hour trip! The hotel is spotlessly clean and modernly decorated. The breakfast buffet has enough hot and cold foods to satisfy even the pickiest eater! But it's the people here that stood out. All spoke English and were willing to try to anticipate your every need. The manager Peter has truly made sure that all the finest details have been taken care of. I had e-mailed ahead to try to get a room with a view. Even on the Easter holiday weekend my request was made possible and we had a great view of the river! Hint - ask for room 703! I was concerned when I booked about the location of the hotel. It is the best!! Maps in the guidebooks are very misleading. Prague 1 is very concentrated. From the hotel it is just around the corner to republic Square and the palladium shopping center. To the astronomical clock just 2 streets or 4 blocks away - a 7 min walk at most. To the Charles bridge- 10 minutes and a beautiful walk from the hotel along the river. Unlike other hotels in Prague 1 the area is not seedy and we felt very secure walking at night. It is away from the bars and is in a quiet area. In fact one night when we were getting ready to go to sleep I noticed it was one of the quietest hotel rooms I had ever stayed in a major city. This truly is one of the best locations for seeing Prague on foot. I can't recommend it enough. Pure local flavor with western comfort. The whole staff made you feel that you were staying with friends and not traveling as a foreigner! Thank you to all the staff and especially the manager, Peter, for making our stay one of the best ever!

Room Tip: Ask for room 703 - a good view of the river!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank Sally A
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Sally

Thank you for your detailed and precise review - thank you for your kind words.

It was a pleasure getting to know you and Michal and it makes me really happy you had a memorable stay in Prague.

You underline it and it is true - the location of Hotel Clement is great - on one hand in the city center and on the other hand, tucked away in a quiet side street which lets you rest at night.

Our door will always be open for you and Michal - it would be a pleasure to be able to welcome you back and have you stay with us again. If you need help in Prague - never hesitate to contact me personally (peter.john@hotelclement.cz).

Thank you for everything.

With best personal regards and greetings to upstate New York,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Last weekend, I stayed for 2 nights in Hotel Clement. I have booked it at very last minute (2 hours prior to arrival) through booking.com . Reasonable price with a central location attracted me. After first night of stay, I saw that it was a good decision. The staff is friendly, helping and good English speaking. General Manager Mr. Peter John is always around, taking care of the customers and his staff personally. Rooms are comfortable and clean.And of course, it is quite central that you can walk to anywhere from the hotel. If I go to Prague again, I sure will not look for other alternatives and contact Hotel Clement directly. I definetely reccomend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Emre C
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Emre C

Thank you for your kind note and the time you took to write. It was a pleasure getting to know you and to spend a moment to talk about my home country, Switzerland. Funny, how life is: you are a foreigner working in my country and me, as a Swiss citizen, work abroad... I am very happy you enjoy Basel, the city where I started my hotel career back in 1986 (Swissotel).

Thank you for your compliments regarding the hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay in the Golden City. If you ever need any help in Prague, please send me a note to: peter.john@hotelclement.cz. Would be happy to assist.

Thank you for having stayed with us!
With kind personal regards,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed this hotel for two nights. Before going, I really worried about the location, expected little far from the spot of sightseeing. But It was my groundless worry. We could easily access to the river and sightseeing spot, and reach good restaurants around the hotel. Hotel staff were really wonderful. I can feel that all the staff in this hotel are loving their jobs and the hotel. These things also make me feel happy. I would come back when in prague.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mmk_0

Dear mmk_0

Thank you very much for the kind note and for taking the time to write. We highly appreciate.

My employees appreciate you compliments for which we would like to thank you. The location of Hotel Clement is great - not in the bustling center but a maximum of 10 minutes walking distance from Old Town Square. The side street where the hotel is tucked away is quiet and gives our guests the possibility to rest.

Please send us a note if you ever decided to visit again and we would be more than happy to assist planning your stay.

Thank you for having chosen Hotel Clement for your recent stay in the Golden City.

Best personal regards,

Peter John

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Just off a main street is the Hotel Clement. It is just a 10 minute walk to he old town center and all the attractions.

We had a great stay, the room was clean and pleasant. The breakfast was delicious and featured Czech and American dishes.

The staff was very professional and friendly. If you are looking for a place to stay that is quiet and has very nice staff, this is your place!

4  Thank Cassi N

Dear Cassi N

I am just reading through the last guest comments - before going home and taking a day off. Will be in the hotel as on most Sundays to see guests off. To read your and other guests reviews before I go on the way home, makes me feel really proud.

As mentioned in other answers, I can really see great improvement achieved over the past year since I took the management of the hotel. As you say, the staff make a big difference - if not all the difference. They are trying very hard and I have to appreciate the efforts they made and will continue to make! We have not reached our goal yet.

The hotel is in a very good location - central but still very quiet which allows our guests to rest from a busy day - either at work or out in the city, exploring the Golden City of Prague.

I take the opportunity to thank you for your visit and hope, we will see each other again.

With best personal regards,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Really nice hotel and wonderful staff. Upon arriving there is fresh donuts and coffee in the lobby. the hotel reception are EAGER to help you with any and everything you might need. Get great references to food and things to see in the area. Are even willing to make you a fresh cup of decaf right there at the desk. Really 5 star treatment. Upon leaving I asked for a late check out and they let me stay until 3pm! Really unexpected and top rate in my book. Nice view of river and like I said this is a 5 star quality hotel. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank jstdva
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear stdva

I never feel comfortable to address a guest with a synonym, as I am doing in all cases when responding to a review on TripAdvisor (this is done for good reasons, obviously). If I were able to use a name, this would suit the philosophy of my hotel in a better way...

Thank you so much for taking your time to write a few lines following your recent stay in Prague. Even after many years spent in international hotels, to get a positive feedback and to see we were able to contribute to the fact that our guests had a memorable stay in Prague, makes you feel really good. It motivates you to continue to work hard (even harder) - as we still have many things left to do.

I would like to thank you for your comment with regards to my staff: to hear you felt we had very friendly staff and not only that - but employees who took care of you is a very good sign and shows again, our business is NOT so much about the "hardware" but mainly about the "software" (the employees).

Thank you for having stayed with us and if you ever come back to Prague, then give us a call. Would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Hotel Clement.

I take the opportunity to wish you as well as your family a Happy Easter.

Best personal regards,