“Excelent service and location”

Hotel Clement Praque
Ranked #64 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Donostia-San Sebastian
“Excelent service and location”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and the receptionists gave us a warm welcome, informed about all needed during our stay and helped with questions about tourism in Prague.
Nice breakfast and service in general. Very kind staff.
High speed Wi-Fi (I was on the 7th floor and normally top floors do not get a very good connection).
Very centrally located and at the same time a quiet street, the perfect combination!
I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Pummuki
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Praque, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Pommuki

Greetings to San Sebastian!

Thank you for your kind note and review. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us and in the Golden City of Prague. Muchas gracias.

Your comment about the internet is a good example to describe what the new team at the hotel has been doing or trying to do since March: slowly, one by one, eliminating problem areas and issues. If you read comments from last year, the internet in this hotel never worked properly. But, in 2013, guests - whether on business or on leisure - need access to mail, to work computers and other services. It was therefore one of the key projects we initiated immediately: for the hotel to dispose of fast and strong WiFi signal. This has now, since the beginning of October, been resolved and I am happy to see, you found the service to work very well.

I wish you all the best and thank you again for having decided to stay with us during your recent stay in Prague.

Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Clement 2 weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel room is basic and kind of small. The bathroom is very spacious. It was clean and the beds were super comfortable. The free breakfast was excellent and had a big selection of cereal, eggs, various deli meats and cheeses. The hotel is located in a residential area but 2 blocks from a busy street that leads to the Powder Tower square. From there it's only a 10-15 min walk to Chain Bridge. The actual Prague Castle is on the other side so it's a far walk and would recommend you take a tour or taxi to get to it. Overall a good experience at Hotel Clement.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Praque, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear YTS28 - Greetings to New York

I hope you had a safe trip home and I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write the kind review. We really appreciate!

In a small hotel like ours, the guest feedback - the POSITIVE guest feedback - is the "best" thing which can happen. But, even if sometimes one gets not only good comments, the comments made by my guests are extremely valuable: you live in the hotel, you sleep in the hotel and there fore the guests tends to know the hotel in more details than we, we the staff.

Thank you for letting us know you had such a nice stay - even though I am aware, some items can still be improved and changed. We are working hard to do this as quickly as possible.

Should you be traveling to Prague again, please be so kind to contact me personally. Would be a pleasure to assist you to arrange your stay in the Golden City.

Thank you for having chosen Hotel Clement for your stay!

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed at this hotel very recently. It is five minutes walk to centre, situated on a quiet side street. The staff are very helpful. Breakfast extremely good. Bedrooms very clean and comfortable. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DavKev
Dear Guests from the UK

As you can see, I have been absent for a while and therefore I am answering some comments at the same time. It is absolutely great to read such positive comments like yours.

I just mentioned it a short wile ago: my personal idea for this hotel is to have:

1. Very friendly and helpful staff
2. clean and comfortable rooms to stay in AND
3. a great breakfast

In the short seven months which have passed since I took the management, many things have been resolved - most recently a completely new installation for WiFi, available free of charge for the guests - but other issues remain to be resolved. As in most homes, it is not feasible to tackle all the issues at once.

Thank you very much for your great support, thank you for having taken some of your precious time to write the review and a big "Thank you" also for having stayed with us.

With best personal regards from the Golden City of Prague,

Kosice, Slovakia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

After my last visit to Prague I have once again chose this very hotel for my two nights long stay there as I had very good experiences with the hotel.
Even though I traveled to Prague by my own I could recommend this accomodation to couples or so. The location is great. Room are always perfectly neat and tidy.
Only objection I could possibly write is my wish for the hotel management to improve the breakfast juices and fruit selections as I did write about in my last hotel Clement´s review.

After all thank you for high quality service provided to me!

Room Tip: Higher floor for better views...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Yehuda D
Dear Yehuda

Thank you very much for your kind note and for having stayed with us again. I sincerely appreciate your support as well as your positive note.

With regards to the fruit juices at breakfast, we did in fact change them in July - the juices used by the hotel, when I took the management back in March this year, were not appropriate for the quality I am aiming to deliver. The new juices have the advantage for their quality not to be depending on the specific employee at work on any day, as it was in the past and therefore the quality should be the same every day. What could have happened, is: the container with the high quality concentrate could have been close to the end and the mix present a higher percentage of water and, as a consequence left you with the impression of "not such a good juice". I can assure you, I will personally check more often and more closely. Thank you for letting us know.

Prosím - keď prídete nabudúce, tak ma určite kontaktujte a ja Vám rád zabezpečím Váš pobyt.

Ďakujem pekne!

With best personal regards,

Peter John
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a small modern quiet hotel a bit outside the Old Town in Prague but within walking distance of Old Town and Jewish Quarter--even the Castle Quarter if you like to walk.
Rooms are comfortable, staff is very friendly and helpful, buffet breakfast is very good and has lots of variety.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cellodoc
Greetings to Colorado

It has taken me some time but I finally get around to send you a short note to thank you for having stayed with us when in Europe and for having taken the time to write a short but positive review.

Very friendly staff, a clean and comfortable room as well as a great breakfast - this is what I want for my hotel. We have made great progress over the past months but there still remains some work to be done (I say: fortunately!). Things cannot happen over night - and to see this product grow and improve daily gives us all the necessary energy to work hard.

Thank you for your support!

I wish you all the best and hope to be able to welcome you back to Prague again in a not too distant future.

Middletown, Connecticut
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Very short walk to old town square. We didn't need public transport once the whole week. Rooms were nice, Internet was fast and breakfast was very good. Would stay again and recommend to a friend.

The staff was friendly and arranged transport to and from airport.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MDavis65

As just mentioned in another review - the fact I have to address my guests with a relatively impersonal title, does not feel very correct - but I have to play by the rules.

Thank you very much for having stayed with us and for writing the positive review. Even if short, I really appreciate, as it is the only - almost the only - way to market the hotel. Having been used to working for large, international hotel companies, the marketing and sales opportunities are completely different. Therefore: THANK YOU!

If you are ever in Prague again - please feel free to give me a call. Would be happy to assist arranging your stay.

Yours sincerely,

Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Hotel Clement. Paid in advance for the hotel's airport taxi service and was picked up bang on time by a very friendly and informative taxi driver who gave us our own personal guided tour of Prague from airport to hotel, got our 5 day break off to a great start! Arrived at hotel, first impressions of hotel were very good and location is brilliant for getting everywhere. We felt that the receptionist team could have been a lot more friendlier and approachable. We received a rather frosty welcome at first which was a come down after our brilliant 25 minute journey from the airport. There was a deadly silence as we filled out the hotel's forms and then when given room card, expected to know where to go to get the lift to our room. Each evening as we came back to the hotel from our busy day, we would walk in and say hello to the receptionist, who simply replied with an icy glare for 3 nights of our stay. On the evening before our departure however, we received a 'hello' as we returned for the night and a smile!, we guessed maybe this was to 'sweeten' us up before we left, in their hopes that we may leave them a tip. Everything else in this hotel is to a very high standard, so it is a shame that the front of house staff are not as charming.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abi319
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Praque, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Abi319 - greetings to the UK

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your extensive, and, in many aspects very kind and nice as well as positive review.

As you might have read, I have taken the management of the hotel a few months ago and we have, in the short time, changed quite a lot and made fantastic progress. As in every company, not all changes can occur within the first day and, to create a new corporate culture is probably the most difficult but also most awarding task one can aim to achieve.

In order to be able to improve on your comment regarding the staff on reception, would you be so kind and let me have your name as well as the date of your stay and, if you remember, who the employee on duty was or what he/she looked like for me to take concrete action and implement additional training? A general comment is very nice to receive but to get a concrete feedback, with the name of the employee or the person concerned - independent, if the comment is positive or negative - is the best way to either pass on a compliment or to improve a service. Please send your information to my mail: peter.john@hotelclement.cz.

I take the opportunity to thank you again for having stayed with us.

With best regards from the Golden City of Prague,