“A very high level of hotel services in Prague´s Old Town”

Hotel Clement Praque
Ranked #66 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Kosice, Slovakia
“A very high level of hotel services in Prague´s Old Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

During my business trips to Prague from neighbouring state to Czech republic I have stayed in various hotel, most often in five star ones. On my last week visit to Prague I knew a five star hotel would be just waste of money due to my planned business programme. So I search the Internet for some Bed and Breakfast offers and went for 4 stars this time. I found the Hotel Clement and made the booking directly a week before the journey. Instantly I have received a reservation confirmation.
Check in was smooth and fast. I asked the staff to change my billing details from my personal ones showed on booking - they just asked for my business card - and on check out a prepared bill was awaiting in an envelope just be be signed.
I was given an executive room No 906 with a balcony view over the historical city centre. The room was all I needed. Spacious, clean and tidy with nice bathroom.

The breakfast selection of food was very broadand really satisfying. Only objection I have would be a recommendation to bring a wider selection of fresh juices / fruits but I have to remind myself that this is "only" a four not a five star which I am also used to from my travels all over the world.
A very pleasant experience was a personal greeting after my BF finished from a member of the hotel managment which again gave me a special feeling of personal care. The lady introduced herself by very warm and welcoming approach. After exchanging business cards I was more than delightful to agree on deal of coming back here more often and to recommend the hotel and its staff to any of my friends or business partners.
Really well worth value for the money payed.

Room Tip: 906 with a balcony view over the Old Town city centre
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Yehuda D
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Praque, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Greetings to Kosice

Dear Guest - thank you very much for having stayed with us and for having taken some of your precious time to write your extensive as well as positive comment.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and we made your feel at home. The work accomplished over the past few months is considerable but we still have a long way to go and therefore need to continue to work hard every day.

The fruit juices served at breakfast have just been upgraded to a product used in international five star hotels with the advantage, the employees cannot mix "fruit" and "water" themselves (like it is often the case). The current product guarantees the same quality every day, independent of who is at work. We currently offer fresh orange juice on request but as you suggest - we could obviously also offer a bigger variety for our guests to choose from.

Should you ever travel to Prague again, please do not hesitate to contact me personally for me to assist with your booking. Thank you for recommending our hotel elsewhere.

With best personal regards,

Peter John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed in May 5 nughts at this hotel.
We enjoyed our stay very much. It was nice to be on a very quiet street yet be able to walk to all main sites, and be very close to the trams.
The room was very clean, the bed comfortable the linen nice. The rooms are a bit small. As is the bathtub.
We didn't quite figure out the floor heating and once we didn't have hot water when we came in at night and had to go to the desk and ask for help.
The breakfast was fine.
All in all we were quite satisfied.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Praque, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guests

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a few highly appreciated words with regards to your recent stay with us in Prague. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your visit to the Golden City and you felt at home whilst staying with us.

I will take up your comment regarding the floor heating in the bathroom - a very nice and pleasant commodity but, as it is not very common in public places, we might have to rewrite the instructions for our guests.

Please never hesitate to contact me directly, should you wish to come back to Prague again or should you have friends traveling this way.

Thank you for staying with us.

Best personal regards,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have recently returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. I am so glad I chose this hotel due to all the postive reviews. The room on the 8th floor clean, roomy and comfortable. During our stay we made request for DVD player which was provided at no extra expense.

The breakfast is very good, and especially the service provided by the staff is excellent.

Due to the central location, there are a number of good restuarants and the palladium shopping mall is a 5 min walk as well as the Old Town centre.

Overall we had a great stay and would book again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Praque, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest from the UK

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write this personal review and for your compliments. We are working hard to continue to improve our services as well as the product.

The breakfast area will be completely redone over the next month in order to make it more welcoming. New china as well as cutlery as well as uniforms for staff will complete the changes. As to the bedrooms - new linen and towels will be in place by beginning of August.

These are just a few of the changes to come and we would be very happy to be able to welcome you back in a not too distant future. If you have friends coming this way or would like to stay again yourself, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Thanking you again for having stayed with us, I remain,

Yours sincerely,

Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I just returned from a 4 day stay at Hotel Clement. The staff, room and buffet breakfast were all outstanding. I'm a clean freak and the hotel and our room were spotless. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is also in a great location and we had a nice view from our room. I would have to rate it as a 4+ hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lyn M
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Praque, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Guests

Thank you for your great note with regards to your recent stay at our Hotel Clement in Prague. We sincerely appreciate your support and are happy you found our hotel to be spotlessly clean as well as serving a nice and good breakfast.

Thank you also for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague and do not hesitate to contact me personally, should you ever wish to visit the Golden City again.

With best personal regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Have just returned from a 5 day city break arranged through david Urquhart sky travel. Did my research beforehand on the hotels available and chose Hotel Clement. We were not dissapointed.
Friendly and attentive staff throughout our stay, a spotlessly clean and well appointed room on the 8th floor with a lovely view of the river.
Generous breakfast times with fresh replenished hot and cold buffets each day.
Only slight frustration was the failure of the advertised "free wifi" . Worked on the 1st day, but after the hotel filled up, the routers coudn't cope with the extra demand, and didn't work for the rest of the stay. Peter, the general manager, has recognised the problem and is already making plans to improve the situation.
Overall an excellent hotel, only 5 minutes from centre of town, which we would have no hesitation in recommending to our fellow travellers. We will certainly visit again.

1 Thank Schweem
Dear Guests

Thank you for your kind note and review. It was great to meet you personally during your stay in the Golden City of Prague and we would like to thank you for having chosen the Hotel Clement for your stay.

Should you ever wish to return or have friends traveling this way, please never hesitate to contact me personally. It would be my pleasure to assist you with the planning of your visit.

Looking forward to see you again, I remain,

With kind personal regards,

UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I chose the hotel based on the reviews and praise that other members had given the hotel, my stay wasn't quite so 4 or 5 star. With the amount of positive feedback I was shocked to have the below average stay that I had at Hotel Clement; I wanted to treat my partner and I, but ended up feeling responsible for the bad choice of Hotel.

Location:

We drove to Prague via Germany, so finding the hotel was rather easy as it isn't too far from one of the main routes in; car parking was 25€ which was a tad expensive, especially considering they only have 4 car parking spaces but squeeze in 7! However driving around the area you notice it isn't the nicest area, tucked one street away from the river, opposite some derelict/boarded up buildings next to the hotel MOODS (which looks nicer). Upon arrival check-in was fairly easy - we were offered an executive upgrade but in light of the reviews we decided against it. The hotel is nearest line 8 of the tram, but other public transport links were quite a walk away (and during our stay it rained every day which made us wish we were next to some transport hub). Walking was fairly easy and took between 5 and 10 minutes, it’s not a particularly interesting walk and there is nothing really of interest in the immediate vicinity.

Hotel:

We were shown our room (initially our key-cards did not work), and I was shocked by the lack of unique-ness, the room was bland and extremely small, upon examining the fire-escape plan I saw it was the smallest room on the floor. There was nothing in the room that showed it was anything special, and passing another room the next day, we saw that it was bigger but had some nicer furnishings (but all the rooms on the floor were "Standard" rooms) - our room looked dated, had marks on the wall and the table lamps were obviously an after thought. The TV was a small 22 inch cheap Technika (Tesco Brand) with a fairly limited selection of channels, but in various languages (German, English, French, Italian and Russian). The bathroom was probably the nicest thing about the room, although it was small.
There was only one wardrobe next to the entrance door (which contained the small tea/coffee offer), which was awkward to access, but otherwise with two small cabin-bags the room seemed messy/full. We had to quickly leave to head to an opera and find some food that evening; so we didn't find the problems until our return.

At 11pm the room was boiling, the aircon didn't work and a complaint to the reception was not well received, and we were told to just open the windows to cool the room down, an engineer (the one hotel "handy-man") had a look the next morning, but it made no difference; we were not offered an alternative room or a heart-felt apology when I enquired the next day.

Fortunately the bed was comfy so we were able to sleep; however we constantly heard noise coming from the adjacent rooms and from the corridor in the morning and late at night which doesn't feel too great.

The next morning we went to breakfast, the breakfast room is small, and the selection similar to what you would find in most 2/3* hotels in Central/Eastern Europe. There was a selection of cold meats and cheese, a selection of four lukewarm/cold options (first day was greasy bacon, scrambled eggs, baked beans and green beans - all were not adequately heated) and cereals and fruit. We arrived on the first day maybe 80 minutes before the end of breakfast and there was already low supplies on a variety of items (during our relaxed stay the heated food was not replaced), on the second day some greasy potatoes were put out, but there were barely enough for 4 people.

The cleaners were good and we came back to a well presented room after a day out and about.

I would not recommend staying at the hotel, it is clear that there are much better hotels available at a similar price, and the rack-rate of €155 is ridiculous; the hotel does not deserve anything more than a 3* certification. The staff were mixed, breakfast poor, room small and bland.

It is clear that the hotel offers a lot for bus-tours of elderly couples/singles, which there was during our stay.

Look elsewhere! This was my third stay in Prague and my worst accommodation; I guess insult was added to injury by me expecting a 4* Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank monkeyalan5
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Praque, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Guests

Thank you very much for taking the time for having written a few lines with regards to your recent stay with us in Prague.

I have taken the management of the hotel at the end of March this year and we have been very positively commented on ever since. Receiving a negative comment like yours does not leave a happy feeling nor may I be pleased about it.

Companies and people make mistakes and we are for sure not without fault. The service and the product can and will for sure be further improved over the coming months and years. As I am not in a position to track back on your stay, I am not able to comment on all your negative points. In over 30 years of international hotel business I have always favored a personal and direct contact. For sure, one or the other issue could have been solved on site - during your visit. Please accept my apologies, if you considered the food not to be hot and if there was a problem with air-conditioning which we have not solved to your entire satisfaction.

Many guests appreciate the location in Klimentska street, quiet and yet 5 minutes walk from Namesti Republiky (Palladium Shopping and Municipal House). 2 minutes walking distance from the hotel is the stop of Tram No 8 and No. 26 as well as bus No 207.

Our rooms sizes are relatively standard - 24 to 29sqm - and all rooms have exactly the same type of furniture. The whole hotel, including all of our bedrooms, have received new carpeting at the end of April/beginning of May this year - one month ago - and at the same occasion have been completely painted.

The TV sets are of 32cm size in 85% of the rooms - yes, some rooms offer only a 22cm screen, something I will replace over the coming months. The variety of the channels might not be huge but there is something for every language and guests.

The breakfast is, in our eyes, of quite good standard - three juices, water, coffee, teas, various milk (1,5 and 3.2%), 4 hot items (eggs, bacon, vegetables and potatoes), hard boiled eggs, 3 types of cheeses + 2 cheese spreads, 3 types of cold cuts, 3 types of fresh cut fruit, 2 types of canned fruit, plain and fruit yogurt, 4 to 5 types of bread from Manson's Bakery (best bakery in Prague), sweet rolls and home made cake, 3 serial accompanied by 4 dried fruit and 5 types of seeds as well as nuts to garnish or top it off. Espresso or cappuccino is available at an extra charge (CZK 40.-). For sure, one can improve further.

Our guests are happy we offer parking in our secured underground garage. The cost of EUR 25.- is at the lower end of the scale here in Prague (where overnight, 24 hours parking, will cost anywhere between 25 and 50 EUR per car and night). The public parking at the nearby shopping center "Palladium" costs EUR 30.- per car and night. Should you prefer not to use the secured parking, cars can be parked free of charge on the main street nearby (between 6pm and 8am the next day) - under the condition that there is space available.

Dear Guests - I would be happy to welcome you back on another occasion in order to show you the further improvements we made.

Thanking you again for having stayed with us, I remain

Yours sincerely,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Spent three nights last week as guest of Peter and his excellent staff. Rooms were very comfortable, extremely clean and manicured. Peter and his staff saw to our every need, can't thank them enough. Breakfast was great - good selection of meats, cheeses, bread, etc.
Highly recommend Hotel Clement if you are headed to Prague - it is my choice for future visits.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Praque, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mark

Greetings to Minneapolis - and a big thank you for having stayed with us on the occasion of your recent visit to Prague.

I really enjoyed meeting you and am happy you had a pleasant as well as positive visit to Prague. Thank you for recommending the Hotel Clement to other travelers as well as for your feedback.

It would be great to be able to welcome you back - maybe you find some time to be able to explore the city and its surroundings at leisure. Please contact me at any time if I can be of any assistance.

Thanking you again for having chosen Hotel Clement, I send you best personal regards,

See you soon!