Hotel Clement Prague
$830
$483
Hotels.com
1,392 results
All reviewsold town squarequiet streetgreat hoteljewish quarterrecommend this hotelwithin walking distanceminute walkriver viewsuperior roomtop floorpleasant staycharles bridgerepublic squarehot and cold foodhotel is locatedexcellent breakfastquiet at night
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was our first visit to Prague for my husband, me and our friends/business-partners (also a couple) and we were all more than pleased with the hotel. The area around the hotel is not great but only at a very short walking distance from the river and the old town. Rooms are very comfortable (loved the beds) and functional at the same time. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly, whether at the reception, at breakfast (which was great) or being greated by the manager. Any requests were not just simply dealt with but you were given the impression that they really wanted to help. This is something we found throughout the city; people are very friendly and polite. I would love to go back and get to know this beautiful city and it's people a bit better. Thank you for a very pleasant stay, Hotel Clement!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank dalupa
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guests from Great Britain

I was just about to close the computer and the office when I received the message you sent with regards to your recent stay in Prague at my hotel.

Thank you very much for taking a few precious minutes to write the review and thank you for your compliments. Being able to leave the hotel on such a positive note, after having read your kind message, is good news for a Friday evening.

I will make sure to pass your coments to my staff who have greatly contributed to make your stay a memorable one. Your words are the best motivation for them to continue to work as hard and seriously as we have done over the past months. Thank you very much.

As mentioned, should you wish to come back, pleas do not hesitate to contact me personally and pass my contact details to friends who migh wish to visit the Golden City.

With best regards from Prague,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Hotel Clement was a very nice hotel in Prague. It is within close proximity to a lot of the sites. The receptionist there was extremely helpful in showing my husband & I the restaurants that the locals eat at. Loved the comforters in the bedroom & also the heated bathroom floor. Thanks for a pleasant stay!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SharinaSmith
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this great review. I personally really appreciate as it gives the hotel exposure. Most important, after all, is the feedback and this my employees deserve it. Most of them are young, with not so much experience but really like to make you feel at home. We are a small team and I am very happy for them they are getting positive comments. This is the best motivation they can get in order to show them, they are on the right track.

I take the opportunity to thank you again for staying with us. Should you have friends travelling to Prague or wish to come back yourselves, please never hesitate to contact me personally. I would be glad to assist with your booking or any wishes you might have.

Looking forward to hearinig from you again, I remain,

With best personal regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

After many years talking about visiting Prague we took the plunge. Upon arrival at the hotel the general appearance of the area, I wonderered if we had made a mistake. But as soon as we opened the door the hotel & staff made you feel at home. The reception area was tastefuly decorated, with coffee making facilities. Free wi fi if needed, is a bonus. As there were three of us the room allocated was more than ample, with a king size bed & a put you up single bed. Bathroom brilliant, well equipped, hairdryer, tolietries all supplied, even a room safe you do not have to pay a deposit on. Breakfast continental, fresh rolls, bread, croissants, jams, cheese, tea & coffee, juice. The staff even come round & top you up coffee, tea juice. The location is approx 10 minutes from the Old Town Square. Mr P John Manager took time on three mornings to speak to us. All the staff were a credit, helpful, polite and could not do enough for you. We are returning to Prague in the future & will be booking this hotel again. A very big thank you to all the staff for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Room 203,, partial view of the river
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank european36

I would like to thank you for the precious time you took to write to us. We really appreciate your words which give credit to the hard work the team is performing. The best and most valuable feedback for them is to see, they were able to make an important contribution for you to experience a memorable stay in the Golden City of Prague.

Your comments motivate us to continue to work very hard and improve the many details we can still make better.

Should you come back yourself or have friends travelling this way, please never hesitate to contact me personally. I would be happy to assist with your booking or your travel plans.

Thanking you again for having stayed with us, I remain,

With best personal regards

Peter John

Reviewed April 2, 2013

As Prague is probably our favourite place on earth, we could not wait to come back and enjoy its beauty. It was one of the many returning trips to Prague for us, but it was our first stay at Clement Hotel. And I have to say it will not be our last! Starting from wonderful location, which makes walking to the Old Town's square a matter of minutes, to good sized rooms and beautiful bathrooms, we could not wish for a better place to call our home away from home. But .. what really made it special were the people. Always friendly, smiling, willing to help and answer all our questions. We were made feel welcome from the moment we walked in. Had a pleasure of meeting Mr. John, the Manager of the hotel, who is not only professional, kind and warm, but who took time to chat to us and personally help with our transport to the airport. This is not the experience I often had with hotel managers ... and I travel a lot .... so a special big thank you goes to Mr. John for showing us that some hotels are still about people and personal attention. All the reception staff, breakfast room staff, cleaning ladies ... approached us with big smiles, politeness and we even shared lots of laughs with some of them (breakfast room staff especially :) It really was a wonderful short break and I can't wait to return. Clement Hotel made our stay a special one, not because of a tasty breakfast, excellent location and clean, pretty bathroom but because of great people who work there and who represent it. Hope to see all of you soon and thank you again

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the top floors facing Vltava river as it provides a wonderful view and hardly any noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GizmoZagreb
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Friends from Croatia

It was a great pleasure being able to welcome you to Hotel Clement. I very much appreciated getting to know you - even if only shortly - and am very happy my staff as well as myself contributed for you to have had a memorable stay in Prague.

All I can say is "Thank you"!

Should you ever travel this way again or have friends who would like to visit Prague, please never hesitate to contact me personally.

With warm regards from the Golden City - Do skorog videnja - Hvala

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed in the Hotel for 3 days. I would say it is nice but can imagine their are many better hotels. First of all the location is very good and very quite as well. It only takes you a few minutes to several bars, shopping centers, restaurants... . If you wanna go to the astronomical clock that takes you about 12 minutes so it really is not far. We were quite dissappointed with the breakfast. Our first morning must have been a general busy day for the hotel, because when we arrived there was no bread, bacon, eggs and several other things. But the staff was really nice and brought it out pretty quickly after we arrived. Still, the breakfast was not an 4* Hotel breakfast standard (more like 3*). The staff was nice and helped us when we had any questions. The room was ok with an amazing bathroom. I really likes the look of it. Annoying was the shower head which had a bit of a weird shape and made it quite hard to shower at first. Second was the position of the TV. It was an flat screen which was fixed to the wall, but on the right side of the bed which made is very annoying watching anything because you always had to look to the right. In the end i give 3 out of 5 because of the quite dissapointing breakfast and the two issues in our room. But if you dont mind these things is the Hotel really nice.

Room Tip: I would recommend to get a room high up so you can actually see something when you look outside your window.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a few lines with regards to you stay. I sincerely appreciate your feedback - as I have just recently taken the management of the property.

Thank you for the positive comments with regards to the team of people working at the hotel. To hear you have met friendly and helpful staff makes me very happy and it is the best "reward" you could have given to my staff.

As to some technical issues - we will (and have to) work on it. It is one of my major tasks. With over 30 years of international hotel experience in different countries (I am originally from Switzerland), we will take one step at at time. Currently we are just adding new carpets to all rooms. Next steps to follow will be the soft refurbishing (including TV....!) of approximately 20 rooms to be followed by more over the next two or three years in order to create a small, nice very personal, intimate and especially friendly place to stay.

Breakfast has already doubled in size and quality over the past four weeks since I arrived and will further increase in size (offer, variety, quality) over the comming weeks, adding a health corner, more milk products, better jam, a variety of different breads, sweet rolls and so on.

Should you ever travel back to Prague or have friends coming this way, please do never hesitate to contact me for assistance or advice.

Thanking you again for having stayed with us and for having taken some precious minutes of your time to write the review, I remain,

With best personal regards