“Prague visit”

Hotel Clement Prague
Ranked #66 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked a last minute break for my husband and I through a travel agency, picked this hotel as close to Old Town Square. Didn't know what to expect but must admit we were very pleased with everything about the hotel. All staff were very friendly and helpful especially with advising on a good restaurant close by. Hotel was spotlessly clean, buffet breakfast was very good, would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and would go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aiko91
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Guests

Thank you for your kind and pleasant comment I have just read. We appreciate you took the time to write a few lines regarding your stay at the Hotel Clement. Having just recently taken the management of the hotel, I am very happy to read you found the staff friendly and helpful. I am originally from Switzerland and have been im Prague for 15 years, managing different hotels. It is our aim, to make Hotel Clement "the friendliest hotel" in the Golden city of Prague. Should you ever come back or should you have friends travelling this way, please never hesitate to contact me personally for assistance.

Wishing you all the best, I take the opportunity to thank you again for staying with us.

With kind regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

From: Stan Sarneel (The Netherlands)

We had pleasant stay in this excellent hotel, on quit location nearby revolutionary street close to the city centre.

Great and tasty breakfast buffet in the morning, with friendly serving staff.

The rooms are comfortable, clean and cozy. everything needed was available in our room, like satelite Tv, DVD player,

waterkettle to make coffee or tea, and fast internet. Special appraciation for the

wonderfull friendly staff, who helped us with booking tourist trip. I will recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter J, General Manager at Hotel Clement Prague, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for your kind review and great comments. We are happy you enjoyed your visit to Prague. For your informato: I have just taken the management of the hotel a few weeks ago and being of Swiss origin as well as in the city for over 15 years, my first goal will be to further increase the quality of our services ini order to make Hotel Clement a very friendly hotel.

I have passed your comments to all employees which is the best "Thank you" they can get. Thank you for spending some of your precious time to let them know they did a good job.

If you ever come back to Prague or you have friends coming this way - I would be happy to help or assist with anything you might need.

Kind personal regards from the Golden City of Prague,

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I came to Prague with my GF on a city brake. The travel agency recommended the 4*Clement Hotel. We didn't know anything about this hotel or where it's positioned. We just wanted to come to visit Prague as much as we can. Well i can tell you the hotel is great. The staff is very very nice. I can't think of anything bad to say about the service. The hotel made our stay in Prague very pleasant. Next time we'll come in Prague we'll return here. The hotel is 10 min away from the town center. I kindly recommend...

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank AlexandruVIA

Dear Guests

Just two lines to thank you for your kind message - filled with compliments for my staff. I sincerely appreciate the time you took to write a few lines. Often, employees only hear about what they are doing wrong or have done wrong. A comment like yours is the best motivation they can receive.

If you are ever coming back to Prague or have friends coming this way - please never hesitate to contact me. I would be more than happy to assist.

Today I remain with kind personal regards from "freezing" Prague.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Booked this hotel as a last minute weekend away break for 3 nights and was really impressed with it. A good location - within 10mins walk you were in the centre of everything. The hotel was also clean and well maintained and was impressed with the standard at such a cheap price. Staff were friendly and ok the breakfast is basic but it does the job and you are not in England so why expect a full fry up right?!
I would agree with the comment in another review that the single beds are small but for a weekend away it was doable!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KaChu01
Management response:Responded February 6, 2013

Dear KaChu01,

thank you for such a nice review as well as for your stay with us. We are definitely glad to hear you enjoyed our services and would be even happier if you could contact us regarding the breakfast part. We always try to improve and meet our guests needs, therefore, it would a great help to hear your opinion on what should be added to our breakfast selection.

Thank you again and we do hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Booked a quick break away with a friend and didn’t look much into where we was staying but this was a great little find. Very good value for money, the hotel was very clean, had friendly staff, and adequate breakfast. If I was going to moan about the hotel it would be about the size of the beds- they are small, however it was very quiet Hotel is very easy to find especially being right next to the river which helped us when we strolled home drunk at night…

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BelleBelle1
Management response:Responded February 6, 2013

Dear BelleBelle1,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found everything
the way it should be.
I can understand single beds can be small for some but I do hope this did not spoil your sleep:)
If visiting Prague again, we sure will be glad to see you again!

Regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had two small things and one big thing that we just can't overlook with this hotel.

The location is great and the staff is excellent. Breakfast is more than adequate and the lobby bar was very handy.
However, our bathroom light kept going on and off as it pleased (not very nice taking a shower in sudden complete darkness) and the temperature in our room never went below 25 degrees (sometimes it was 26). We tried to adjust it, but it just kept rising instead of going down...
And the big thing? We came back to our room one afternoon and found that the maid had left the door open after cleaning the room. Maybe she'd left a minute before, maybe three hours. Luckily nothing was stolen but this just is NOT OK.

A shame really, because without these incidents the Clement would have received five stars from us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sinppu
Management response:Responded January 15, 2013

Dear Sinppu,
first I would like apologize for such experience. I am definitely not happy to hear that and would like to ask you to contact us with more information. I would definitely like to know what room you were staying in so we could thoroughly inspect it and fix the problem for our future guest.
My apologies also come on behalf of the housekeeping manager. We will make sure this does not ever happen again.

On the other hand, I am happy to hear you were satisfied with the provided breakfast and services from our staff.

Best regards

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The positives were the front desk manager Katerina who was helpful and friendly throughout our stay. The rooms were basic but spotlessly clean. I echo the issue with the low showers for those rooms with a bath/shower combo but it was manageable. The breakfast bar was again basic but sufficient to get your day off to a good start.

The comments on the front desk area being compressed are correct. The is no bar as such with the limited range of drinks served in the reception area. The walk to the old town is about 10 minutes but its quiet pleasant and it is right by the Jewish quarter. For those venturing to the Castle, go straight to the river and follow it around rather than going through the melee of the Old Town will reduce the time to get there by about 15/20 mins.

All in all, the hotel was good and the staff did work to accommodate your needs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded January 15, 2013

Dear Dimex,

thank you for your review. I am glad you and your party enjoyed your stay with us regardless the small appointed problems.
I understand the hotel showers/bath tubs might be a bit of a hassle for some, however, it was designed that way and we are always trying to allocate rooms with shower corners to those who are tall.
The bar area being too small is a know problem to us and we are in the process of redesigning and making it more comfortable and cozy.

We definitely appreciate your input as it helps us to focus on these problems and helps us to improve our services.
We hope to see you again!