3,248 results
All reviews la loca hotel hostel shared rooms bed dorm the ground floor enjoyed my stay old town beds were comfortable visiting prague charles bridge mosaics hostels city backpackers crawl lock ensuite
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2017

Stayed here for four nights at the beginning of November for our anniversary. Read the reviews before we booked and was very impressed. The reviews met our expectations. We had a double room and paid extra for a terrace- which I recommend as lovely views- you can see the castle and old town. We also booked the shuttle before we arrived so we had someone from the hotel ready and waiting to drive us straight there. This was about 25 pounds. The hotel itself is very modern and has a really good vibe about it. We noticed straight that it's target market is younger travellers passing through. Each night there is something going on in the main bar area- we attended the quiz night which was a laugh. As we were on the 6th floor and away from the main hostel dormitories we felt like we were in a hotel. We ate in the restaurant twice and very pleasantly surprised. All the staff are friendly and will help you with trams and ordering a shuttle back to the airport. Overall our experience was very good- loved the bathroom, very happy to see a hairdryer (and powerful one at that), mini fridge, tv and safe in the room. The beds were comfortable, theres a good wardrobe and dimmer lights. We let the cleaners clean the room every day and it was always left spotless with a fresh set of towels.
In terms of location, it is extremely handy for old town and the main attractions. We got a tram to the castle one day but walked everywhere else. The tram stop is literally a 5 minute walk- get the 22 tram to the castle.
Also I do recommend Bar Fleku which is only a 5 min walk away- it's a Czech pub essentially, very touristy, but we loved the atmosphere and since it's so close to the hotel you might aswell check it out!
I have one tiny annoyance unfortunately. We slept really well every single night until our final night, a family arrived and I think they were staying in the penthouse above us. They came in at 2am and their baby was crying and made a hell of a racket and woke us up sadly. They probably kept the noise up for about an hour- it seemed like they had just arrived and were settling in- you could hear them slamming doors and cupboards. Anyway i do understand this was not the hotel's fault, but I would suggest they advise late arrivals to keep the noise down as it's very disrespectful to other residents sleeping. This really was the only downfall of our trip otherwise I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly to anyone visiting Prague.

Room tip: 6th floor with terrace
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2017

I usually search for the hotel and I prefer to find a modern stylish and alternative hotel for my trips.
I was a little bit scared from the fact that it is half hotel half hostel because I didn’t know how easy you can put together these different way of travelling.
When we arrived the room was very very clean well decorated with view of the city.
We had dinner at the restaurant La Loca downstairs since we were tired and I can guarantee that the food is amazing!
The breakfast is also very good with a lot of choices fresh croissants and freshly cooked eggs and bacon.
The combination between hostel and hotel makes this structure really lively with very good vibes.
The staff is young, polite and helpful.
Every night at the common spaces are different events.
The center is 5-10 minutes walking. We walked everywhere in Prague.
Also near the hotel just few meters there is a French caffè with very good croissants.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2017

The facilities of the Hotel are amazing, staff very nice, shared rooms are great. But you don't have the ambiance of a Hostel, so if you're travelling alone looking for some fun, maybe this is not the best option, but if you're just looking for a comfortable place to sleep with a good location, so that's your option, for sure.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2017

The room was cozy with nice bathroom. We got some problem with electricity that automatically shutdown even we were still inside the room but the reception was so nice to help.
But the cleaning ladies unlock and enter to force us leave the room since 7 am SEVERAL TIMES until we had to leave (the check-out time is till 11 am) that made us feel unappreciated and made the rating score of your property lower than it should be.
We would like to suggest that it wold be great if the property will have a railing at the entrance stair for the disability person.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2017

As this is my first time in Prague, I got many useful tips at front dest. The reception gave me a map and helped pointing out many places to go . The hotel is in modern decoration style and very easy to find.
Also , the hotel location is very good. It's very near by bus stop and only takes 7 minutes to walk to river.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends