“Excellent modern room and great location”
Review of Mosaic House

Mosaic House
Ranked #65 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Excellent modern room and great location”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed in a 4 people bedroom only with friend. The bedroom was very modern, with very confortable beds, great air conditioning, very nice bathroom. Not a single bad thing to say about the room. We had absolutely no problem with noise, maybe because we were on the 4th floor. The rooms corridor is separeted from the main hall by a thick glass door, so our room was silent. The staff was friendly to us and the hostel has a good party vibe with a nice bar and pub crawls every night. The location is very good too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed October 30, 2013

wonderful place for budget travelers. very good rooms,nice bar and excellent location.ideal location and from here you can easily reach all the tourist destination by walk. we had a wonderful time here and the good thing is that the prague pub crawl starts from here ;-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Sam_jhons
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

The only good things were a comfortable bed and outlets by the bed. The rest of my experience here was horrible. The staff was unwelcoming and unfriendly. When I first arrived in my room, there were several hairs on my bed. I didn't get wifi reception in the room, which was stated on the website. People in the room were extremely loud all night - I was constantly awoken to people talking, and the door to the room slamming shut. A staff member came in every morning between 830-930AM, slammed the door, and loudly emptied the trash cans with no regard to the many people sleeping in the room. It was also difficult to fall asleep when I could hear the music from the bar upstairs blasting. The bathroom was not cleaned frequently. I would absolutely never stay here again nor would I recommend it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Linnea R
Gilles O, Director of Sales & Marketing at Mosaic House, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Linnea,

Thank you for taking the time to review MOSAIC HOUSE. We are really sorry about your negative experience. The hotel has been fully renovated in November 2013 and the management has changed as well, and we are confident that we can now offer a better service and accommodation. The music bar has now added soundproofing, so loud music should not be a problem anymore. We hope that you will be able to give us another chance. If you’d like to discuss your complaint in detail, please contact me personally at gilles@mosaichouse.com

Thank you once again, we value all comments and reviews – without them, we wouldn’t be able to grow!

Have a great day!
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A hostel is a place to sleep, not dually run a cheap, loud, obnoxious nightclub. No where on their website did it inform that they play loud, terrible house music until 3am. There is no sound separation and the rooms sound as if you are directly in the middle of the dj booth. I wasn't able to get any sleep all 4 nights I stayed there. It was a complete waste of y my money considering I was paying for a place to sleep. Mosaic house is a total scam and should call themselves a nightclub with beds, because that is clearly they're primary business and they don't give a care about the people actually trying to sleep at night.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Nicole E
Dear Nicole,

Thank you for reviewing MOSAIC HOUSE. We are sorry about your experience – please accept our apologies. In November 2013, the hotel has been fully renovated and we believe that we can now offer better service and accommodation. Soundproofing is one of the key elements which have been improved as a result of the renovation. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future. If you’d like to discuss your complaint in detail, please contact me personally at gilles@mosaichouse.com

Thank you once again and have a great day!
Gilles
Strasbourg, France
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

For the low price, we were expecting to have find a typically run down and slightly dirty hostel, but this place is fabulous. Its clean, the rooms are relatively spacy, and the staff was helpful and friendly. The bar downstairs is hopping, to be sure, but we didn't hear any of it in the night. I definitely would reccommend thos place to anyone.

Washington, DC
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and 2 other friends stayed in this hostel for 2 nights and absolutely loved it. Great location and extremely friendly staff that all spoke perfect English. It's very cheap to stay here, as is most of the city. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to try out a hostel.

A couple suggestions:
1) Stay on the higher floors. It gets loud downstairs as there is a club/bar in the hostel
2) As with most hostels it gets fairly noisy late at night and the walls are thin, but if this doesn't bother you, then it's not a big deal

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I booked a double room for a bit more money and at first glance the room seemed ok... spacious, modern and comfortable. And the wifi was good too which is usually very important for me. However, I found the room stuffy and without any air circulation. I tried to turn on the air con which didn't work and it just made matters worse. To top it off, all the lights in the room have movement sensors so every time you move the lights turn on and stay on for 10 minutes. It was a dreadful experience and I checked out of the hotel suffering from a severe case of sleep deprivation.

I won't be staying here any time soon!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jazsacher
Dear Jazsacher,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very sorry about your negative experience – please accept our apologies. In regards to the air conditioning and lights, everything in MOSAIC HOUSE works in accordance with our eco-friendly initiative. This is why some lights get switched off automatically, for instance, but the complete system was reviewed lately so everything should works now. However, we are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in MOSAIC HOUSE – if you would like to discuss your complaint in detail, please contact me personally at gilles@mosaichouse.

Thank you so much and have a great day!
Gilles