“Great value hotel”

Ranked #63 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great value hotel”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The rooms are clean and quiet. The bar downstairs next to the check in is the exact opposite. The ways things should be! This is a hotel/hostel focusing mainly on young travelers sharing bed bunks, but the rooms on level 4 an above works fine for couples and more mature single travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I recomend, Nice place with good bedrooms and there is music and fun every night on the lobby bar. It is a little but far from downtown, but there are metro station and trams just 2 blocks. Good showers and beds.

• Stayed September 2013
Deal, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just came back from a "boys" weekend in Prague and stayed in the hostel part of this accomodation. (There are twin double bedrooms also available). We have stayed at hostel all over the UK, Ireland and around europe and this is by far, the best we've every experienced.
I suspect it has been a hotel that was converted to a hostel because the rooms (we had a six berth room), had a very good hotel standard en-suite bathroom, with shower and bath etc.
The bunks were solid metal and built to take the weight of 100kg + guys easily. The mattress, bedding and towels were all very good. The room had good floor space and lockers (you need to bring a padlock for the lockers in the room), although no chairs. The was also two good sized windows with electric shutters and a/c. All in all we could not fault the room.
This is principaly a hostel for young people who like loud music and a party atmosphere.
The bar served cheap but good beer etc and very reasonably priced food.
The is also free wifi which worked okay.
It's only a ten minute stroll into the centre of the old town, clubs and bars etc. and just a few minutes form the river..

There are also very secure lockers available near the reception area for any valuables etc. Would recommend using one of these small lockers for you passport etc. other things should be okay in the room lockers with a padlock.

There is a small convenience store just outside the hotel for basics and drinks etc at reasonable cost.

Without doubt we would return, indeed it has been talked about already......

Room Tip: If your travelling in a small group try and book a room for you all to stay in, I would also recomme...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ianx17489
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

If there is such thing as a 5 star hostel, this is what it would look like. The rooms are extremely luxurious and very clean and quiet. Has a very nice common area and the breakfast looks tasty (I didn't buy it though)

Only problems are the bar downstairs plays loud club-style music so you can't easily socialise and meet people there after about 7.30pm. Also the top bunks offer very little in terms of holding you on, so if you wriggle a lot in your sleep ask to be placed in a bottom bunk

Room Tip: Ask for a bottom bunk if you roll in your sleep
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at Mosaic House from the 23rd - 27th of august. I arrived on the 23rd at night. The next day I went out on a walking tour with almost all of the people who stayed in my room. I got back at around 7pm to find the room had been broken into and the lock on my bag broken and my passport gone. The hostel took NO responsibility! We later discovered the reason someone was able to get into the room was because the door didnt lock properly! I was not reimbursed for any of my stay and the manager avoided me like the plague. I had to nag at the reception staff to help me out and spent all night trying to sort out my stolen passport because I had to wait in line to speak to someone. My last night there another room was broken into and a guys laptop was stolen. Anyone off the street can walk into this hostel without anyone knowing. There is no security or anyone monitoring the people coming in and out of the hostel. On top of this almost all the staff were really rude and unfriendly. You should NOT stay at this hostel I do not recommend it at all!

Room Tip: If you are going to stay here I would recommend a private room - but double check your door locks pr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
9 Thank kailazeeman
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Been to Prague for the first time and chose to stay at Mosaic House. I will never regret that decision I made. The position is perfect. 10 mins to wal to the citi centre, 10 mint to walk to Charles' Bridge. And a free city tour made by a great guide. The rooms are great, and the whole hostel is full of energy because it is mostly populated by teenagers. Having all these for my first trip there, I planned a second trip to Prague the following weekend...and it was perfect!!! :) You should try it too !!! :)

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with terraces..they are amazing ... :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. Bit of a walk from the main nightlife area but not too far out. On arrival I was upgraded from a 6-bed dorm to a 4-bed at no extra cost, not bad at all. I asked about washing there and it was so expensive.. I think it equated to 11 euros (from czech crown) to do your washing and drying, not worth it at all. The room itself was hotel standards.. really smart place. It's a party hostel though for sure and not really for families. The food was great in the bar, beer was also reasonably cheap. Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo