“Highly recommended!”
Review of Mosaic House

Mosaic House
Ranked #65 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wow, this hotel is super-nice! Proffesional and friendly staff, specially in the front desk... We liked the treatment they gave us during our 4 nights stay.
It is only 10-15 minutes walking far from downtown and placed in a very quite area far from the hustle & bustle. Still if you are lazy for walking, the trolley is right there...so very convenient!
Lots of young customers around, so lots of fun even though I stayed with my kids.
Brakfast is so-so, but anyway, Wenceslao square is just a stone's throw away and there you can find tons of places for having brakfast, lunch or whatever.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JPFuzzy

Reviewed March 15, 2013

You will never believe your eyes when you walk into the gate. Bars, DJs, and upbeat music- don't be overwhelmed by the sight you see. The five-star-standard environment is right the hostel you are looking for. The luminous lighting and easy-to-walk-around arrangement in the room offers you a very homey experience. When you walk in, you will even find the service and the comfortable stay it provides is far more than the fee it charges. A highly recommended hostel and with a low budget you can have a very cozy and luxurious stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nick_Taiwan
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at Mosaic House for the first time. From the time of arriving to the time I left I felt welcomed. The staff on reception were exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to help. The evenings were fantastic, again the bar staff were friendly, polite and just good fun. I will certainly be making a return in the near future. Recommend this hostel to anyone who wishes to visit Prague.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had an excellent stay at the mosaic house, great location with only a 5 min walk to the square, an only 5 min walk to the river, an about 15 min walk to st Charles bridge, every where was an easy walk too,
The hotel/hostel was Eco friendly an very clean with lovely rooms an bathrooms, we stayed in a classic twin room an was really impressed have stayed in 5 star hotels elsewhere an not been as impressed.
Excellent value for money, rooms where peaceful considering the busy bar on the ground floor. The bar has a very good atmosphere an a great way to meet new people, with live bands every night which were also very good. Staff where very friendly an where genuinely interested in you as a person which I thought was a very nice touch , especially the bar staff who made are stay even more enjoy able. Would highly recommend staying here an would come here again, overall great place to stay eat an drink .

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Ok first. I am not a kid and this is a young person's hotel/hostel. No breakfast. Free shots. Live bands. But you dont hear that in your immaculate private room with cool bathroom great showers comfy beds cheerful id inefficient stafd ( i could make a meal in the time it takea them to so a latte). Skip the breakfast and fo to a cafe. Great location. Just a great find

1  Thank jejoco
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had read the other very positive TripAdvisor reviews, and seen some of the pictures, and still I was blown away to walk into my private twin room: It was nicer than most hotels I've stayed in while traveling in Europe.

I've traveled in Europe for eight or nine months of my life, jumping from city to city, hostel to hotel, and my three previous hostel-stays in Prague had led me to expect a very different kind of hostel experience. I can't vouch for the dormitories, but the private rooms are quiet, well appointed, and comfortable at incredibly reasonable rates.

Central location for all the sightseeing and good eating you might want to do in the city, but not next to any large thoroughfares or loud tourist squares. If you want a hopping bar and live music those things are right on the ground floor; if you want peace and quiet and a good night's rest (as I did), the noise from elsewhere in the hotel doesn't permeate up at all.

Oh, and it's very environmentally conscious (both superficially and actually) in its ethos and design, so that should appeal to travelers worried about the carbon footprint of all their airline miles.

Room Tip: I imagine lower floors might (and let me stress that I can't say for sure) be a little noisier b...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John O
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed here for something like 6 pound a night. I had never stayed at a hostel and was expecting it to be cheap and cheerful. I was wrong the place was like a four star hotel, totally impressed. Its in a great location and its a great place to meet other travelers.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo