Mosaic House
$115
Cancelon
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Cloister Inn Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
$193
$179
Cancelon
2,550 results
All reviewshotel hostella locashared roomsbed dormpub crawlthe ground floorclean roomsold townvisiting praguecharles bridgemosaicsbackpackersroommateslockeuropeensuitepraha
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Mosaic House was a very nice establishment.

ARRIVAL
They helped arrange a shuttle from the airport to their location, which was very convenient especially after an international flight.

THE ROOM
My room was very nice, although it was a double and I had to pay for 2 people even though it was just me. Making it not as affordable as some of the other reviews. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was great. Heater worked well. TV didn't have many English based channels. The room was cleaned daily, at least the bathroom. Even when I checked in I could see dust that had settled from....who knows when. Refrigerator did not work.

FOOD
I would recommend purchasing the breakfast package when you book, for the sake of convenience it is worth it. Typically it consisted of in house baked pastries, eggs, sausages, potatoes, some sort of fresh fruit, coffee/juice, as well as a cheese and meat platter. btw this was all you can eat.

Hold onto your check-in booklet, it has a discount for Belushi's, the restaurant/bar in Mosaic House. The lunch and dinner food was great, and with the discount makes it reasonable compared to other options. In summary the food was not a rip off and a great option to get started and get on with your time in Prague.

TOURS
Each night there is an organized bar crawl that starts out at Mosaic House, unfortunately on my first attempt to go out it was cancelled because not enough people signed up to go. The next day I tried to go on their daily walking tour of Prague, but the guide never showed up. If this happens look for alternatives. There are tons of other bar crawls and a daily walking tour that is free (based on whatever you tip) that leaves from Wenceslas Square by the "New Yorker".

SOCIALIZING
I did not have much luck meeting people at Mosiac House, although that could be a function of the fact that I did not stay in a communal rooms. There were many other groups, friends, and even a school group staying at the hostel/hotel.

LOCATION
Mosaic House is located next to several tram stops and a metro. That being said you will likely have to walk, take the metro, or take the tram for anywhere you will want to visit. Unfortunately, the staff were not very helpful in telling me the process or way the public transportation worked in Prague. For the most part the location is not bad, relatively central to the "Prague hot spots", but not next to any major destinations.

MISC
They have lockers that you can rent by the 6, 12, 24 hour.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on a higher floor, sometimes the party in the first floor gets a little loud.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank thehkap
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here with 5 girlfriends doing our winterbreak. 250 people from my higschool went to Prague and 200 of us stayed at the hotel. Did not expect to stay at such a nice hotel when we payed so little for the trip. Nice and quiet even though we were so many young students who came home late. The key-card system worked brilliantly, and made sure that the amount of noice and strangers on the hall and right outside our room, was very limited!

The only negative was the double standard about eco-friendlyness from the hotel - but when we asked for a small towel to dry our hands in, this was not possible?? and then you had to buy a big one for 90 korunas per day. I believe it to be much less eco-friendly to use tons and tons of paper on drying hands after washing them... hmm.

Other than that - loved the hotel!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frederikke V
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I like this hotel, when they received the award for the most ecological hotel, I was impressed... but, I stayed few times there with my friends and the service at the reception was not 100%, also, loud music during the night (but I've never heard to my room), also, superior with the terrace is nice, but tooo small... also, I do not like much a bath, and last time, I had superior (very tiny) with bath.. .grrr... now, I saw, the rooms are without breakfast... pity...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Boodaa
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A group of us (9 people between ages of 20 and 25) were going to be in Prague for just 2 nights and wanted somewhere cheap, not caring about how good it was. Well, Mosaic was not only cheap but far better than many motels I have been in which cost three times as much!

It cost each of us 8.20 euro a night, the rooms were in great condition (linen provided), the bathrooms brand new looking, free wifi, a nice lounge downstairs to chill in... I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it to my friends. Oh and the beds were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept in!

It was about a 10 minute walk from Old Town and had a bar/restaurant downstairs which was averagely priced and quite good, and had all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for about 150 krona (130 if you paid the night before).

They offered a free tour at 10 every morning but the guide unfortunately didn't show up the morning we wanted to go, so we were given the details of another free tour we could go on which was great. There was also a pub crawl organised every night (we didn't go though so I don't know how good it was).

It was a very international hostel, full of young tourists - so if that is what you are looking for, then this is your hostel!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

When we arrived at 10pm, we realized this was not a place to sleep, but a place to party. The music was so loud that we couldn't make ourselves heard by the receptionist. If you're into partying late and loud, this is the place for you. If you're looking for a restful hostel, it is not. This is a nightclub/bar, with beds upstairs. Even the 'quiet' common area doesn't block the din from the bar/stage, so there was nowhere to relax in a sofa.
This being said, the rooms and bathrooms were very clean. There was a nice picnic table in the room where you could sit. The rooms had big friendly windows. The building is super eco-friendly, but the staff didn't have much information about it. This characteristic really redeemed the experience for me, and I would have really wanted to learn more - at least a pamphlet... best would be an optional tour of the facilities!

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor possible if you want to avoid the terrible nois from the bar.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple