Mosaic House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$100
$175
$148
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hastal Prague Old Town(Prague)(Great Value!)
$135
$123
Travelocity
2,560 results
All reviewshotel hostella locashared roomsbed dormpub crawlthe ground floorclean roomsold townvisiting praguecharles bridgemosaicsbackpackersroommateslockeuropeensuitepraha
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My boyfriend paid for Superior Double Room with Terrace and he was very angry when he saw the room. We didnt leave just because we only stayed for two nights. When a room is called superior, you expect something great. It had a terrace and good view but the room itself was tiny, we couldnt move once we put our suitcases on the floor. There was no closet so we couldnt even put our clothes away. I cant imagine staying there for a week. When we asked the receptionist if there are any other rooms available, she said the hotel was fully booked and we got a great room, we said it was really tiny and she just shrugged. She didnt offer any compensation.I wonder if the staff ever tried staying in such a room with two suitcases. She also overcharged my boyfriend and when we complained later, we were told my boyfriend had a discount code which the system in the hotel doesnt recognize. They paid the difference in cash. The shower was impractical, after using it the floor was all wet, the water changes temperature a lot and there is no ventilation in the bathroom so it stays steamy. When we were leaving, they were cleaning other rooms on our floor and the doors were open, all of those rooms were bigger than ours. We were so disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Mosaic House seems to be a hybrid hostel/hotel and it is absolutely wonderful. The rooms were clean and updated, marble bathroom etc. I traveled with a group of 6, so we got a hostel room with three bunk beds. Which was perfect, a private hostel room. Bathroom was great, in room storage draw that can be padlocked, if you bring your own lock. My group got the breakfast voucher, which added minimally to the cost of the stay. The breakfast was great...a larger Continental spread... all you can eat type of buffet. The bar and bar food was great. Honestly, the buffalo wings I had here were some of the best I've ever had... and I live ten minutes from the NY state boarder!
Location was not bad, walking distance to most everything. Restaurant down the block was also amazing!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Hi... I was in mosaic house for a night stay.my experience was quite good.I really liked their bar and free guided walking tour..... remember there is no breakfast if u book it online. ... but I would recommend to buy breakfast coupons in advance... we got it by 130 CZK per person.it was a nice deal :) .

1  Thank Raj P
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a big hostel, which looks more like a nice hotel. The place is really modern and very clean. This place isn't like a typical hostel. It looks like it was once a hotel that turned into a hostel. The rooms are a pretty good size and each come with their own bathroom. The only difference between this place and a hotel is that they put bunk beds in the rooms so more people can stay in them, which is what makes it such a good price. The bottom floor has a bar, restaurant, reception, and reading/computer room. This was probably one of the best hostels I stayed at throughout my backpacking trip in Europe. I would 100 percent recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

- a nice room with cool design focusing on eco friendliness
- bed very comfortable
- young very friendly service-oriented staff
- top location for sightseeing and shopping surrounded by cool bars and restaurants

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo