“Gem in Prague 5” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Artisan Restaurant & Cafe - CLOSED

Artisan Restaurant & Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Central European, Italian, International, Eastern European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: Hidden away on a small side street in Prague's Mala Strana Artisan Restaurant & Cafe offers fine italian cuisine, house made breads and pastas, quality boutique wines, and rich desserts, as well as great service and ambiance. Our experienced chefs prepare creative dishes from the best of ingredients. We hope you find our dishes to be skillfully composed of simple yet elegant flavors. We believe in letting quality and proper preparation speak for themselves.
Falls Church, VA
“Gem in Prague 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The service was wonderful, and for two people with limited Czech skills, the staff spoke wonderful English and were very friendly. The food was lovely- great flavor and nice portions. The highlight of the meal was the dessert of 6 assorted pralines. They were so wonderful, we got some to go!

2 Thank Lucy H

Alabama, USA
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just left Artisan Restauratnt. I was looking for a place for an early dinner, but something nice. And this restaurant hit th,e spot. The signage to find the place was very good. I can only suspect they've had problems in the past as there were several signs.
As a starter the server suggested the burrata. Everyone must order if you love cheese. Lasagna was my main, nice flavor. 2 glasses of chianti, and I'm sold on this restaurant.
If in Prague, and want to get away from tourist restaurants, come to the Artisan.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank SaraGM600
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Somewhat disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I visited this restaurant a couple years ago. The foods and service were so wonderful that I went this restaurant almost everyday while I was in Prague for a week. I tried almost all the dishes and every one was excellent. I posted excellent review on this site.
I revisited this restaurant again hoping for the good dishes on 8/28/12 . Actually I invited 4 couples for the dinner. The menu was limited and the foods and service were not as good as it was 2 years ago. The dishes were different.
I learned that they have new owner and chef according to the waiter. Still food is OK but it was not excellent.

copenhagen
“Good mediterranian style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Was recommende by the hotel. Professional service and fine, but pricy food and drinks.
However, for normal european pricelevel there is a good relation between quality and price.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank seniortraveller2000
Aarhus, Denmark
“Disappointing Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Based on other reviews I really looked forward trying this restaurant, but I have to say I got very disappointed. Went there as part of a business trip and we were 9 people. Arrived somewhat late, and there wasn't many people in the restaurant.

First expression was that the waiter didn't seemed to have taken a bath for quite some time. He smelled from far away. Then we had to wait forever for the food, which BTW there wasn't enough of any course on the menu for all to have the same starter or entree. When we received the food it was clear, that it had been prepared in a rush. I took the duck, and it seemed to have been heated in microwave oven, same for the potatoes.

All 8 of us was totally underwhelmed with the experience. Based on other reviews it could a single isolated problem; however, i wouldn't recommend anyone going there.

• 2 of 5 bubbles