“Amazing food!”
Review of Rilke Restaurant

Rilke Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 5,427 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: International, European, Czech, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Hradcany & Letna
Description: You will find our restaurant in the very heart of Prague, in the place which inspired the famous romantic poet R.M. Rilke. The restaurant provides a calm oasis of gastronomical experience, worth discovering, in the busy, pulsing centre of the town. We build upon the very best of Czech gastronomical tradition. Our cuisine isn't based on extravagancies, but on a straight approach to Czech meals, the freshest local ingredients and humility to the culinary profession. The best proof is the satisfaction of our customers.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We actually were looking on trip advisor for a review of a nearby restaurant. We came across this one and just strolled on by. There was no one inside but he happily sat us at one of the reserved tables. My husband and I shared the duck which was amazing and we would recommend anyone to go to this place for dinner. Make sure you make a reservation though!

1 Thank Egocentas

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent home style Czech cooking with knowledgeable and efficient service”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were seeking out restaurants which offered Czech dishes and the menu of this restaurant looked very promising. It certainly did not disappoint. The classic Czech dishes were at the lower end of the price range but were very well prepared. Our starters were the grilled goat's cheese with roasted vegetables and the mix of forest mushrooms. Both were perfectly prepared, the goats cheese being tasty but mild with lovely al dente courgettes and peppers. My main of rabbit had the meat falling off the bone and my partner's rather oddly described 'Czech nosh' was a very varied and delicious mix of local ham, sausage, roasted pork and a few varieties of dumpling. We decided to ask about local digestives and the very helpful maitre d' helped us choose some very intriguing and flavourful spirits.

Two good sized starters, two hefty mains, 4 large glasses of decent but not exceptional white wine (wine by the bottle was very pricey) and 2 spirit digestives came to around 45 euros or roughly similar in sterling pounds excluding service. This is slightly higher than average for Prague, it would seem, but well worth it.

1 Thank Ros N
Moray, United Kingdom
“Try the duck”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

A very good meal and excellent service. I had the duck, which was some of the best I've ever had and came with a variety of dumplings. It was crispy and had great flavour. The chicken soup also was good; it was a thin broth so might not be as good for people who prefer thick soups. I like a good broth, though, and the noodles, chicken and carrots in the soup were tasty. I had the honey cake for dessert (I don't know where I found room for it, after the massive generous portions of the previous two courses!) and it was light and fresh tasting. The atmosphere and décor were comfortable and traditional. One suggestion I would make is that you ring ahead to book a table. I took the last unreserved table and for the next hour I could hear the owner saying "Sorry, we are fully booked" to a steady stream of disappointed people. This place is popular, and for good reason, so it's worth making a reservation. Even though it was booked full, people were arriving at different times so it was not noisy or crowded while I was there. I would recommend this place to everyone.

1 Thank fiona07
Austin, Texas
“Take a pass”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel recommended this one but it was just average. The service was great -- much better than the food. There is better food on Narodyni just a few blocks away.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ate here for lunch and the service and food were great. We enjoyed the ghoulash and the honey cake!

Visited June 2013