“wonderful cafe”

Cafe Lounge
Ranked #89 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, International, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Reviewed June 18, 2014

A charming cafe, with a lovely atmosphere. The coffee was excellent, as was the piece of walnut cake I had. Only wish I had discovered it earlier in my trip so that i could go back for lunch.

1  Thank Vickie S
There are newer reviews for Cafe Lounge

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We went here three times during our stay in Prague, twice for dinner and once for lunch.
The food is great, I recommend the chicken and the duck. The cod was good but slightly overcooked. Every dish has a lot of vegetables, which I really like! The staff is very nice.
The kitchen closes at nine, so we were too late to order a dessert of the menu. However we could choose from a selection of cakes and pastries, but still I was a bit disappointed. I'd loved to try te trio of pannacotta!
Their lunch menu is also very nice, I had a homemade foccacia with grilled vegetables and goatcheese that was delicious. They make a veeery nice banana milkshake!
The prices are a little bit higher than some other restaurants in Prague, but still very cheap compared to other European countries. Around 30€ for dinner for 2 people, including wine, beer and desserts.

1  Thank Kim T
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Because we didn't want to habe our breakfast in the Hotel, we tried out this Cafe. We built our own breakfast. The service was very friendly and the prices were very moderate. We were outside. We had the impression that the Prague inhabitants spent their time here, too. Quick summary: Nice and cosy place to eat. Absolutely recommended!

2  Thank Meinhard W
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I don't like to reserve a table in advance if I want to drink just one espresso. But in this coffeehouse you have to, otherwise you will maybe see empty tables, but "reserved". A little snobbish mannerisms.

2  Thank DaLi58
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My Czech friend recommended this place to me and I thought that I would give it a go. I skipped the hotel breakfast and walked to the Hunger wall.
It is like a secret escape in Prague! Beautifully furnished, very stylish and cool. A place where you can just hang around for hours, read newspapers or work.The staff is very nice and friendly. I only had a breakfast but I rate this place highly.
I love the eggs and I enjoyed the tea!
Shame that I did not have more time to sit and enjoy the atmosphere, but I will be back!