“Excellent vegetarian restaurant”
Review of Maitrea

Maitrea
Ranked #111 of 5,853 Restaurants in Prague
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Possibly the best vegetarian restaurant we've ever visited. The surroundings are excellent and beautifully designed and the food is superb ranging from vegi takes on Czech classics through to some brilliant raw food options - I had the raw food zuccini spaghetti with tomato sauce followed by the raw food "cheescake" which were so good I bought a rawfood cookbook as soon as we got home.

2  Thank PTH96
Write a ReviewReviews (2,179)

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I went to this restaurant following the recommendation of a friend.
The food is truly excellent. Not only the quality of the ingredients is outstanding, but the creativity of the chef is incredible. On top of this the presentation of the plates is very attractive adding a "visual" effect to the other senses.

The menu is very well designed, with a clear explanation of the recipes and a detailed list of the ingredients (probably to avoid any ambiguity with hard core vegans).

The design of the restaurant (you would swear it has been designed by Gaudí), is an experience on it's own.

I will be back...

1  Thank StarEye2009
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Only by chance we stumbled accross Maitrea - the menu and lok of the place from the outside looked so good that we both agreed to give it a go - only when I sat down and really studied the menu (czech first and then english is underneath each item) did we notice it was a vegetarian restaurant. My partner being an ex-vegie was more than happy - and I decided to go for it and stop being stubborn. To my surprsise the food was excellent. The choice was great and the flavours and style of cooking was an experience in its own right. We ordered the spinach panckakes and Miso soup followed by burrito and goats chesse with aubergine in a toasted focaccia (with other bitsi n it too). The whole meal was very satisfying and enjoyable.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The best value for money ! What an ample choice!! Menu perfectly describes the ingredients in each selection!! For a religious vegetarian like me - it's by far the best ever eaten in a restaurant!beleive me as this statement is coming from a guy who eats 200 days in a year in restaurants all over the world !just google and look up the menu!!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Maitrea is an experience on its own,here it is not just the food,but also the incredible atmospehere you soak in.Everything is done with so much taste and creativity.We went two times and loved the food,even though my boyfriend is a sworn meat eater.