“Quality veggie food.”
Review of Maitrea

Maitrea
Ranked #78 of 5,781 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I´m a veggie so always hunt out restaurants when away and glad I found this one in Prague. Nice ambience when you walk in and clean and friendly. The food was very good and they give nice, big portions. I ate a goulash which was fantastic and my husband a stir fry which he said was very good too. The warm choc brownie for desert is great and the hot chocolate is very moreish! Reasonably priced and we ended up eating here twice it was so good.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Good vegetarian food and nice decor. I was alone while on business trip but seemed to me a nice place for going with a friend as well.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ate lunch there because of all the great reviews, and consistent with fresh and delicious food, but horrible service. Arrived at 13:30 with 1/3 of tables occupied. After ten minutes not one service had been offered, no drink or food order. Had to wave down and request servers to take our drink order, food order, bring the entire lunch (water and a side dish were part of my meal that weren't brought until requested), get final bill, etc. Disappointed because ambiance is fun, great decor, fabulous food, but ruined by poor service.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went there three times. First time food was just ok bit dry and service didn't bother with us a lot. Then I thought I will give it another shot so we went there again and it was good. Food was very nice but again poor service. Third time I asked my friend to join us for a dinner and it was a mistake. I asked for Czech speciality called svickova and it to avoid harsh words it looked very unappetizing. I had really hard time to take a first bite. After few minutes I took the chance and tried it and it tasted awful. My partner tried it too and agreed to send it back to kitchen. Then things get worse when we asked service to take the plate and told serving girl it was uneatable (we did not ask to give us anything else). As this was xmas dinner we did not want to spoil our time with friend. Then we got all of sudden a reply from waitress "I do not think so". This was rude, out of hand and unprofessional. There was definitely no room for her opinion. She did not even ask why we said it was uneatable. We did not even hear back sorry from that girl. Place to avoid. Pricey, rude service and food is hit or miss.

1  Thank Krzysztof G
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We ate here last week one evening when we where visiting Prague. Beautiful decor, great service and fantastic food. We ate downstairs it was lovely. Can totally recommend this venue and it's sister restaurant Lehka Hlava also in Prague. Interesting menu, and had a great Masala Chi tea, good wines and lovely deserts. Wish we had a vegetarian restaurant as good as this near us here in the UK.