Friday Hotel Prague
$830
$483
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsna prikopeold town squaregreat locationbreakfast roomestates theatreroyal suitejacuzzi bathtea and coffeecentral locationmustek metro stationnice hotellocal attractionsbreakfast buffet was excellentastronomical clockcharles bridgemajor sightsnoise from the street
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I spent Christmas at the Friday Hotel. Location as everybody said is perfect. You can easily walk everywhere and it made a massive difference to our stay.
I had the superior room and as such I was expecting a lot. It had an old style TV which is ok but for a 4 star hotel, I would have thought they had upgraded those.
The room was massive and it worked for us however it had pilling wallpaper by the window.
The bathroom was huge with a jet tub and I cannot complain about it apart from 2 little things: When we arrived I noticed the toilet was very dusty.... and kept like that after the first night which to me it meant they didn't clean the toilet. Also there was no light in the shower - maybe because of the skylight but we ended up having showers in the dark every evening. Also noticed several lamps not working in the room.
The room / hotel had the chance to be the perfect romantic Christmas getaway but it let me down.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Good hotel overall. Decent size rooms. Carpet a bit dated but no problems. Great brekkie and perfectly located. Staff friendly.

• Stayed: December 2011
fridayhotel, General Manager at Friday Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you back again.

With Best Regards

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I just came back from a 4-night stay at Friday Hotel.

I agree with other reviewers that the location of this hotel is superb. It is easy to get to this hotel from the airport by public transport: bus 119 to Dejvicka and then Metro to Mustek. From Mustek it is a very short walk to the hotel. The entrance of the hotel is at the Havirska street side, not at the Na Prikope side. The hotel shares building with Nordsee Restaurant. From the hotel it is a short walk to the major sights.

Lobby/reception was not big. Check-in was done ok. The manner of the staff at the reception was indifferent - not unfriendly but not friendly either. They could do with more smile and greeting.

There was a computer station near the lift. I'm not sure if this is free for guests. They do provide free wi-fi in the hotel.

Next to the computer station there was a door leading to the toilet for patrons of Nordsee.

Room was quite big. It came with a small flatscreen tv, fridge, a desk, a chair and a seating area. At first I was thrilled with the slanted windows but upon going to bed I realized there was a problem. The windows had nothing to cover them and the curtains hung in a way they could not cover the window. The two curtains were not connected so they could not be closed forming one big curtain. If you see the photo's I uploaded, you'll see what I mean. Thankfully the apartment/building across the windows were empty otherwise people could see inside the room and you would not want that to happen while you were asleep or awake. There was no tea-making facilities in the room but as a guest you are free to use the tea making facilities in the breakfast room.
One plus point was that the bed was very wide and very comfortable.

Bathroom came with a bathtub - a pleasant bonus for my stay. It also came with toiletries in small tubes. Housekeeping did not give us new shower gel once - maybe because the shower gel tube I used was still half full? They also seemed to neglect mopping the floor (my partner dropped something on the floor and the stain was still there the day we checked out). Water pressure at the shower was unstable.

Could have been a very great hotel if more attention was paid to the details. For examples: a toilet lid that covers the toilet well (see photo), nicer cosmetic mirror in the bathroom (one with stainless steel frame would be more suited to the rest of the bathroom), better way to shield the slanted windows from the outside world should the client want to, complimentary bottled water would also have been a nice touch.

Breakfast was very adequate with tea, coffee, juice, eggs, hams, sausages, cheese, croissants and bread. Breakfast room was very small but during our stay it was never very busy.

2  Thank damsca

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts on here.
We are glad you enjoyed your visit, and hope we can welcome you back to the Friday Hotel soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Honestly I was a little worried to stay here because you can never tell anything on pictures alone, but I stayed at the Friday Hotel for one week in Prague and honestly I would not have chosen anything else. They also have free wifi, the beds were comfortable, and the buffet breakfast that is included was delicious.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the entrance which I believe is quieter on the weekends since no one walks up and down the alley.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for your review and we are looking forward to welcome you back again.

With Best Regards

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend in Nov 11.It was great. The location is superb just five minutes walk from Wenceslas Square. All the major tourist attractions you can walk to from here.
Breakfast was good.There is a choice of cooked or continental at the buffett.However,if you are arriving late the cooked stuff can look a little dried up.The service is not great at breakfast-if the woman smiled it would be great but their faces were tripping them all three mornings we were there.
The rooms were lovely and modern.It's gets cold in prague but the room was toasty all weekend.I was just sitting in a t-shirt and it was 2 degrees out side.I wouldn't like to see their heating bill every month.
The en suite was very nice but lacked a bath which was slightly disappointing but the water pressure in the shower was amazing.It almost knocked my girlfriend out the shower on the first day!
All in all this was a great hotel.Visit here and you won;t be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We wish both you and us more smile next time.

Best Regards