This review is about a 2-bedroom apartment at V Lesicku 7 (the same company manages several locations around Prague), where we stayed for 4 nights, as part of a little family reunion in Prague.
The place was nicely furnished and spacious, good location and reasonable value for money - add a long list of glowing reviews on the internet and you would be crazy not to book it. Or so you think.
Unfortunately there were a few issues - maybe we were just unlucky... but those problems need to be mentioned.
1) While advertised as "2 bedroom apartment / 4 adults", it did not really have the privacy of two bedrooms - one sleeping area was "separated" from the combined living room / kitchen with... well... a curtain (see the attached photos). This could perhaps be acceptable for "family apartment - adults with children", but this one was explicitly tagged as "4 adults" and the pictures published on the booking site were taken a bit creatively so that they would not reveal this "little detail". Not a nice surprise at all.
2) There was quite a "respectable" layer of dust on top of the furniture. Sure, you wouldn't normally notice it - we only discovered this because we put a bag with fragile stuff up there... Still, this is not how one does the cleaning, right?
3) The staff is not very professional - at least not in internet communication. There seems to be a surcharge 10e for "late check-in" (which is anything after 6 PM). When I commented that it is a bit awkward to charge this fee on top of a booking that is already almost 500e value, I received a rather rude answer "If you think it is awkward, nothing prevents you to give us more money." Oops. It happens that in my position, I also deal with our company's clients from time to time - and I know that if I ever did something like this, I would loose the job rather fast. It seems that the surcharge is used to pay the person who needs to stay and open the door - so it was apparently taken as a personal attack on one's salary. But as a guest, I really don't want to be involved in employer-employee issues - my assumption was that I communicate with "City Apartment - the company" and my whole point was that anywhere in the world, the advertised price of accommodation must cover all "normal" expenses related to it - for example cleaning... changing the sheets... and yes, check in.
4) Upon arrival, the person welcoming us was actually very friendly and helpful. I was also told that based on my comments, I don't need to pay the surcharge. Plus points, I thought. Well - not quite. I paid with a credit card in the local currency - and their exchange rate calculation actually resulted in 15e higher cost on my credit card bill than the price listed during booking.
So the overall experience was not that great.
I can imagine that a couple booking a single-bedroom apartment and being spared of my internet email exchange would give this place 5 points - but in our case, this was far from that. What a pity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Apartment offers accommodation in luxury apartments in the centre of Prague. Our philosophy is creating home atmosphere for travellers who have a business or individual trip with accordance to the concept "Home away from home". City Apartment**** is situated at the border Prague 1-Mala Strana and Prague 5-Smichov. Home away from home is quality extended stay accommodation in the centre of Prague. City Apartment**** is placed in a complete reconstructed Art Nouveau building from end 19. And beginning of 20. Century. Each apartment is full-equipped with kitchen, TV sat and Internet. This offer is special for firm's employers who need to be in Prague for a long period of time or individual tourists who wish to have home cosiness during stay in Prague. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your City Apartment reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.