“Real good Mediterranean food”
Review of Giardino

Giardino
Ranked #797 of 5,470 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Italian, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Vinohrady & Vrsovice
Prague, Czech Republic
“Real good Mediterranean food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Inside and outside you have a nice atmosphere. The food is excellent and the recommendations from the waiter for the daily special and the wine is very helpful. Compared to Italian restaurants in the center of Prague Giardino is at the upper level with really fair prices.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Johann1234

• Czech first
Athens, Greece
“Above average food - nice place , good service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

When it comes to the actual venue and the offered service, i would say it was very good. The food is above average but could be a bit better in terms of finishing of the dishes - and some basic details on doing pasta etc. The price is ok. You wont be dissapointed but I guess there might be better Italian out there, if you really love Italian cuisine

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank apostolopoulosP
Aberdeen,Scotland
“Good Italian restaurant in quiet location.”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This is a cosy, nicely furnished restaurant in a nice area,just out of the city centre.
The food was excellent,seafood tagliatelle for myself , lots of calamari and mussels and spaghetti carbonara for my wife,fresh and nicely prepared. Pleasant and friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. We were even present with some freshly seared pineapple as an extra. Well worth a visit, especially if want to get away from the centre.

• Visited May 2012
toronto
“delicious food and huge portions”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This restaurant is indeed off the beaten track. You can eat either in the restaurant or out back in the garden. The food is really tasty and the portions huge. The seafood salad appetizer is a meal in and of itself, for example. Risottos are nicely al dente. We liked it so much we came back a second night but the service was a little less attentive the second time (the waiters did not bring us bread with dips, as they had the first night). Take the #22 tram to get to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
London, United Kingdom
“A quaint and cosy garden and overall interesting alternative, if you can find it”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Giardino is not usually somewhere I would go to but we know people who are extremely good friends of the owner, so our curiosity made us seek it out. Away from the main tourist trail, and located in a very quiet part of Vinohrady Prague 2, you will find this restaurant after a few minutes walk from the No.22 tram stops of either Namesti Miru or Jana Masaryka. If going by taxi a better reference point is the very well known 5* hotel Le Palais, just around the corner

The restaurant is relatively new to Prague and upon entry you can see a fair deal of care and attention has gone into the decor which is tasteful. The main feature though has to be the rear garden which is really lovely - check out it's website. At the time of writing the Prague climate is still perfect for garden dining, so get here before it's too late.

Before you order your main meal the waiter brings to your table a basket selection of home baked breads, all of which were fresh and delicious, accompanied by a variety of dipping sauces. You do of course get charged for this but we enjoyed the olive bread with pesto so much we decided to skip starters altogether.
For main I chose the mixed grill. Because the meat of chicken, pork and beef is all you will find presented to you on your plate I also ordered a dish of fresh leaf spinach with ricotta cheese. I was not asked how I wanted my beef steak cooked, but all was prepared to my liking. The meat was tender and juicy but lacked that wow factor. The spinach was extremely tasty and this I would have gladly enjoyed on it's own.
For her main my girlfriend chose the gnocchi with mushrooms. This dish was an absolute dream. The rich cream sauce for this was a delight on the taste buds and I have seldom tasted something as good. I would be very interested to see if chef can maintain that consistency because I would return to eat there solely to have that dish again for myself.

We skipped dessert because the garden later on had suddenly filled up with less than quiet people and some of the ambience of earlier was spoiled a little.

Overall the experience was an enjoyable one. It would be interesting to sample other dishes to see whether there might be another gem like the mushroom gnocchi hiding in there. The service was very friendly and we experienced none of the issues I read from another less happy reviewer. Well worth checking out.

• Visited September 2011