“Walked in hungry, waddled out happy!”

Svejk Restaurant U Karla
Ranked #656 of 5,632 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, Healthy
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Description: Restaurant with a typical Czech meals (also in gluten free variation) and good Czech beers (also gluten free).
Reviewed April 9, 2014

During my visit to Prague I wanted to have garlic soup and goose, and I had both here. The soup was very light but tasty, with cheese and ham and croutons. The quarter goose was a generous size with crisp skin and moist tender meat. It came with three different dumplings and red and white cabbage. I probably shouldn't have eaten it all, but it was too good to leave! The beer was cold and tasty. I was one happy person (and so was my wife, who had exactly the same)!

1  Thank Nigel S

Reviewed March 30, 2014

For me and my friends the climate was awesome. They were eating a vege dishes and I was eating a gluten free one :). The dishes were quite cheap. It was very nice to eat in that place :)

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was sad that it was so quiet but Sunday and Monday nights are not the best anywhere. Also it is out of season. Staff were really helpful. Food was good

Reviewed March 16, 2014

As I was desperate to try the local Goulash we decided to visit this restaurant which was round the corner from our hotel. It was not busy, though I suppose we were eating rather early. The goulash was delicious, there was plenty on the plate and the bill was a nice surprise. We were full by the end of the meal.
We spoke to another couple who went every night as the lady had to eat gluten free meals as they were provided there.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Nice, traditional Czech restaurant, with the added bonus of having a gluten free menu (they even asked us if we needed one, this is a first!). Good food, good beer (as always in Prague).