“One pot for everything”

Chanchala
Ranked #3,720 of 5,543 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Nove Mesto (New Town)
Hertford, United Kingdom
“One pot for everything”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I have an Indian meal every Saturday night at home, so even on holiday we like our hit of curry spice. The Chanchala looks ok from the outside so we were tempted in.

I ordered the Chicken Madras, I would say I got 10 very small bits of Chicken in a very very dark sauce, it tasted ok but certainly not a Madras I am used to. The plain rice was ok and I ordered the Nan Aloo which was a bit flat but tasty. I had a beer and my wife had a very small and as it turned out expensive glass of house red wine.

Overall you get more genuine Indian flavours opening a Jar of sauce.

• Visited March 2013

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food.. Awesome staff.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely amazing! The waiter was awesome... Great/cheap hookah and the food was the best indian in prague. I've been here for 6 months and i'd rate it one of my best experience dining.

1 Thank Lamar33
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Awful”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Probably the worst indian food restaurant I have been too and I have been to a few poor ones. The staff and atmosphere is good, but there is nothing indian about the food. We tried a few dishes and left everything we had. Definitely avoid this place.

• Visited March 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“Exceptionally friendly service and dining”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I really enjoyed dining at "Chanchala." The food was exceptionally good combined with friendly, caring service. I had a wonderful experience there. The food was served quickly, and with a smile. I greatly appreciated the ambience of the restaurant. It is decorated in Indian style with quite lovely combination of colours. I thank the staff for the exceptional service they have provided. Cheers!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Michael B
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food in palladium mall”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This is so near to my hotel as i stayed in ibis old town and this reataurant is in palladium mall, Ordered chicken jalfrezi and basmati curry rice, i liked the quality and taste of the food, although its little pricey compared to others indian restaurants.
Waitress asked me the tips finally as she told me its not included in the bill.
This can be tried once if you are around this area