“Excellent Value”
Review of Red & Blue

Red & Blue
Ranked #75 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The Red and Blue hotel was a great place to stay in Prague. It was on a quiet street that was not in the heart of the action, but, was in easy walking distance to the Tram that can get you anywhere. If you are into walking it is only a nice 20 minute walk to the Prague Castle, St. Charles Bridge and Old town area.
The room itself was very large, well decorated and had luxury touches in the bath. Full shower and bathtub and dual vanities were a nice touch.
The front desk was helpful, english speaking and pointed us in the right direction for all of our activities and the breakfast was great. It had a good selection of breakfast foods that should please almost anyone.
Overall it was a good experience and if I were to stay in Prague again I would definitely consider it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UKATS71
Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed October 10, 2010

The building of this hotel was recently renewed, giving place to a very modern and charming design hotel. The room is just perfect, very well equiped, confortable and with free high speed internet; the breakfast is very good, but could have more options; the staff is VERY attentive and helpfull and the price is wondeful for the level of this hotel. The "negative" is the location, wich is not in the city centre, but a 10 minutes walk from there. It was not a problem for me and my wife, including because near the hotel we discovered some good restaurants, a big shopping mall and a legitimate handmade belgian chocolate store (WONDERFUL).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FelipeRocha
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I spent three nights at this hotel in mid-September. The room was fine, the breakfasts were excellent but the performance of the Reception Staff were less than average.I was having doubts as to whether I was the customer or if my role was to please them. They have an overinflated opinion of themselves and were minimally helpful.

Average value for money.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Andy321, Manager at Red & Blue, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Dear Sean506

Thank you very much for your review. Every review is very important to us as we always do our best to improve our services and provide the best value for money.

I am glad to hear that you liked the room and enjoyed the breakfast in our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that your experience with our front office staff was not good. It is a pity that I do not have more information about this as whether this was a general behaviour of all staff or if it was a specific action of an individual which has influenced your experience.

Every customer is very important to us and I can assure you that we do not have an over inflated opinion of our selves. Every customer is different and we do our best to make every single one feel well in our hotel.

Unfortunately, even though I have contacted you via TripAdvisor and via email I received no reply with more information about your stay.

I hope that at the end you have enjoyed your stay in Prague.

Regards

Ondrej Opletal
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 7, 2010

On a map this wonderful design hotel may seem away from "downtown" but it is actually in the right spot. A very short two minute walk to the street trams and you are anywhere in the city in minutes. I choose to walk many times because you are very near the river attractions and everything the south shore has to offer. The Charles Bridge is 10 minutes walking. The nightlife is plentiful on the southshore with late dinner and bars open late. The hotel has a super pleasant multi-lingual staff. The bar is nice, just don't sit under the hot halogen lights. Breakfast is very good but a normal European style buffet in a light and airy breakfast room. I will stay here again when I return to Prauge.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2010

3 couples of us stayed here for a long weekend and it was faultless. Excellent value for money, quality fittings in immaculate modern spacious rooms and the location was ideal, being just out of the city centre. Buffet breakfast was very good and changed slightly every morning, giving at least some variety. Reception staff very efficient, pleasant and helpful, especially Lucie. All in all, perfect.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2010

This hotel was really wonderful. We booked it far in advance as we were going to be running in the Prague half-marathon. We almost thought there was a mistake in the price because it was so inexpensive!! I believe the prices went up closer to the date of stay, but that it was still reasonably priced. Due to our mistake in planning, we missed our flight and had to come in the next morning just before the race with very limited time. The hotel was extremely helpful in sending a car for us and the driver was so nice rushing around the city to get us to the race in time for checkin! We ended up giving him a gift to thank him. They gave us a beautiful room on the bottom floor. The room was nicely decorated and clearly new. The bathroom was absolutely one of the nicest I've seen in european hotels. Breakfast included a large variety of items including eggs and pretty much most things you would want in a breakfast. The location was not right in the center, but the trams easilly connect the main tourist areas and the hotel staff was very helpful in giving us directions. I would definitley return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Spent two weeks traveling in Europe and this was the best hotel in four countries we visted. Everything about the facilities are excellent including the staff...but the breakfast is fantastic. You will not find a better breakfast buffet (and it is a REAL buffet) in Europe. It is a 15 minute walk into Old Town but if you don't want to walk, take the tram but don't miss this hotel if you are going to stay in Prague.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple