WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #66 of 668 Hotels in Prague
Leicester, United Kingdom
“WOW WOW WOW, Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

A group of 4 of us booked this hotel for a cheap break. First Budapest for 2 days then Prague for 3, we were expecting a budget hotel and my god we were so wrong. The experience starts with the lobby. We have never stayed in a hotel with staff like these, they are so so polite, really friendly and so helpful. In particular we would like to thank Lucie who was our first contact, she was so sweet and helpful. Lovely experience. Rooms are simply stunning, beds so comfy, really nicely finished. Lovely breakfast served every day, we could fault absolutely nothing. Location is again great, off the main tourist area was a great surprise, the hotel looks out onto Petrin Hill, again which is great for morning walks and up the top for a stunning view of prague. Lucie recommended a couple of good options for local foods, we tried olympia restaurant. again the food there was amazing, locally smoked sausages and beer at £1 a go. We will be going back to the same hotel again in the summer, Oh yes they also have excellent fixed price cabs linked to the hotel, again really cheap and polite. Great Great place. We saw the manager on the way out, she runes a tight ship and it shows! excellent experience, cant wait to come back!!

Room Tip: both rooms we had were stunning
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PeteandSarah186334

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

An excellent hotel. We were greeted by a friendly, happy, professional receptionist who could not do enough for you. The rooms are a good size and the hotel is very tastefully decorated. Breakfast plentlyfull and good quality with variety.I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Also quite central without being in the middle of everthing.

Room Tip: 305 is a much larger room than 309 (305 has a sitting area and study area)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lesrob
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this lovely hotel. Excellent staff and nice clean accomodation with exceptional attention to detail.

Location: a little out of the main area about 10-15mins walk to St Charles Bridge, but within 3 minutes you can walk to the regular tram stop, which is at th bottom of the hill, trams are very frequent no issues with public transport in Prague

Bedroom: nice sided bedroom, with good sized bathroom with bathtub, overhead rainforest shower, toiletries included complimentary and you can ask of additional complimentary items to make your stay run smoothly. Heating system was fantastic no issues with he air conditioning, fresh towels everyday, comfy mattress and pillows.

Breakfast: good selection of breakfast foods, just enough to make you comfortably full. Great start for the day, hot and cold options, fruit, yogurts and homemade cakes.

Additional: it was my birthday and the hotel went out of they way to present me with a small box of chocolates in my bedroom, we hadn't informed the staff it was my birthday so must have realised fm my check in documents, lovely touch which was unnecessary but highlights that the hotel exceed minimum expectations and it's the little touches that make holidays memorable.

If we were to return to Prague we would most likely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Snooky_ducks
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Loved the breakfast buffet, many selections with local foods. Location is about a 15 minute walk to St. Charles bridge area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had great suggestion for places to eat that were only a 5-10 minute walk.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank DennisJB
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Everything about my stay here exceeded my expectations and they were high to start with given the great reviews I had read before I booked.

Starting with a quick, and professional and on time private car transfer from the main railway station to the hotel, check in was handled in a very friendly manner by the on duty staff and the off duty manager who was there at the time.

I was in room 306 which faced the street which was busy at times but the room had very effective double glazing which stopped any sound from entering the room. The room itself was the largest I encountered on my recent trip and while apart from being a great size was very comfortable and nicely furnished. The room had everything I could have wanted for my 6 night stay.

A very comfortable bed with nice linen awaited me each day after I returned from a long day out. All the things you wanted to work did, the TV, the internet and the air-conditioning. The bathroom was nicely appointed and had a very large and deep tub, hairdryer, toiletries and nice towels.
Breakfast each morning consisted of an amazing selection of international and local items and was in a nice bright room in the basement. The staff were very friendly and getting ice to take back to the room each night was no problem as was the arrangements for my transfer from the hotel to the airport at the end of my stay.

The location of the hotel is pretty good, it is a little off the main tourists area but the tram at the bottom of the hill makes getting anywhere pretty easy though the walk up the hill back to the hotel at the end of the day may be a downside for some. At the bottom of the hill is a tram stop with a number of tram lines that will take you quickly and cheaply to most of the areas a tourist would want to go to and within easy walking distance is a big new shopping mall with a number of restaurants in and around it and a metro station as well.

Overall I couldn’t rate this hotel high enough and while I usually like to stay in different hotels when I revisit a city I would most likely stay here again.

Thanks for a wonderful stay in Prague.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank minicooperdownunder
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Sure this hotel is a little bit out of the main tourist area of town, but if you can handle a short tram line or a lovely stroll across the bridge then you won't find much better for your money than this hotel.

The staff here are wonderful, the breakfast will get you going in the morning and the rooms are clean, comfortable and a pleasure to come back to at the end of the day.

Well worth the money we spent to stay here, and I look forward to our next stay when in Prague.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in mid December and booked through booking.com. I couldn't fault anything about this hotel. It was a good price considering the location and the overall service was great. The staff were very helpful and welcoming and they even arranged our transfers to and from the airport. We got an email a few days before our arrival asking if we'd like a transfer to and from the airport for 39 euros. I would totally recommend this as it saves a lot of time faffing with public transport or taxis and both drivers we had were very helpful and polite and helped us with our luggage. It's a real bargain for the price in my opinion.

The room itself was very modern and stylish and clean and just what we needed after long days walking around Prague!

It only took about 10-15 mins to walk into town and its a nice walk too. There are also plenty of shops nearby where you can buy food/drinks etc at very reasonable prices.

Another benefit is also that its only about a 5 minute walk to the funicular railway which goes to the top of Petrin Hill.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple