“The best hotel I've stayed in this year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red & Blue

Red & Blue
Ranked #74 of 672 Hotels in Prague
UK
“The best hotel I've stayed in this year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a short break in mid November. I agree with all the positives in the reviews on this great little hotel - if we returned to Prague and didn't stay here my wife would slay me!! Apart from all the things mentioned elsewhere what really made it a pleasure was the staff and the attention we got at every interaction. We booked the return car ride from the airport - 39 euros return and more like a limo than a taxi - and landed early. The driver was there to meet us as we walked through and was really nice, spoke great English and was really helpful. We were welcomed by name when we arrived at reception and throughout the stay reception staff were smiling and really helpful with recommendations etc.
We told them in advance that my wife needed gluten free at breakfast and they had prepared for this. Breakfast was really good. On the last morning we had an early departure and our taxi picked us up at the time that breakfast opened,. We mentioned this and they asked us to come down early and they opened the breakfast early for us. Again the guy running the breakfast service couldn't do enough to meet our needs.
I travel a lot and stay in some great hotels but, for the price, the whole package and for delivering on what it sets out to be, this was the best I've stayed in this year.

1 Thank skoyen89

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Crete, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My experience during my staying at the Red & Blue hotel was really fantastic. I was very enthused with the view of the park on the opposite side (which is a sightseeing as well) and enjoyed walking towards the Charles's bridge - 10 minutes or even less on foot.The service staff were very friendly and hospital, they gave us all necessary information regarding restaurants, nearby trips etc. The room was really really clean and smelt great while the renovation of the rooms was apparent. Matresses were very comfortable for relaxation, there was always hot water to bath and breakfast was sufficient. I would definitely suggest this hotel and I will do the same soon I travel to Prague. My best congratulations to Red & Blue which also won an award for the best development plan within year 2010.

Room Tip: View to the park
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

We chose to stay at the Red and Blue hotel thanks to the ratings on Tripadvisor, and couldn't agree more with the majority of the reviews posted.
The hotel was well located, within an easy walk of the old town, and Charles Bridge. Rooms were large, bright, clean and well equipped. Excellent value for money, would definitely return if in Prague again (which I'm sure WILL happen).
Public transport in Prague is so easy to use, that we couldn't see any reason to use taxi's, however the hotel would have been more than happy to assist with any arrangements of transfers, or trips into town.
We had a fabulous 4 night's in Prague, and would definitely recommend a stay at the Red and Blue Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Erlangen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights last week and was more than happy with my choice. Location was very good. Only a 15 minute walk to some of the most beautiful sites in Prague, such as the Carl Bridge. The tram station was just down the block if you chose not to walk into town. Trams run regularly throughout the day and night. Hotel itself was new, modern design and our room was spacious, something that is not always the case in European hotels. Hotel is on a busy street but was well insulated...you don't hear anything from the street. Hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the inner court, therefore it was so quiet.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a super tiime at this hotel.The manageres was charming,the bar girls and reception were beautifull and spot on,even housepkeeping was gorgeous.Their breakfast which is inc. Was exeptional.THis is truly highly recommended.USe the hop on hop off bus 1'ooo kronen for 48 hours.THe hotel is priced what you would expect a 2 star hotel.

Room Tip: It is 10 min to the hop on off bus st.aion.EAt with the locals at Olympia,reception will direct you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I really liked the space of the room and really enjoyed our stay on this place. The only thing is the location, you will need to walk around 20 minutes or more to get to downtown. If you don't mind walking this place is very good!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights last week- and I was not disappointed at all. I got a really good deal and paid around 45 EUR a night (inc breakfast) and thought it was really good value. I thought the location was perfect - it's in a really nice area near Petrin Park. There are some lovely restaurants/bars nearby and it's around a 15 minute walk to Charles Bridge. It takes under 10 minutes to get to the nearest metro stop (Andel) and here you will find a lot of convieniences e.g. Tesco supermarket, bakery, etc. There is a tram stop very close to the hotel (3 minute walk) - and I found the tram system in Prague very efficient.

The room itself was very clean, inviting, and spacious. There's complimentary tea/coffee and there's also free wi-fi! I used wi-fi in my room and found it to be a good connection. My room was on the 2nd floor and found it to be a little noisy on the first night due to it being close to a main road but this didn't bother me after the first night - I guess you could always ask for a room on the other side/higher floor. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and came with toiletries.

The front of house staff were very helpful and approachable. The person that I spoke to upon arrival was very informative about the hotel and the nearby attractions. I asked several questions e.g. purchasing a tram pass, etc. and all questions were addressed competently. I also had a few problems with my adapter that I had brought from home and they even lent me a spare one they had straightaway! The cleaners were also friendly and the staff member based in the breakfast room was very polite. Breakfast - good diverse spread and really appreciated the hours as I like a late breakfast.

As a solo female traveller, I felt really safe even when making my way back during the evenings. Really enjoyed my stay and will definitely book again when next in Prague!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor/south facing from the main road as less noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo