“Good value for excellent Czech food”
Review of Annabar - CLOSED

Annabar
Cuisines: International
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We mostly ate there all our dinners when we stayed in Hotel Pachtuv Palace (almost next door), mixed grill for two + local beer, I love the roast duck especially. Very good value

There are newer reviews for Annabar

Reviewed March 24, 2011

Always on the look out for a not so usual and rip off tourist restaurant we stumbled across Annabar one evening. You go down stairs and sit in the cellar. Well chosen music which gave for a great atmosphere. Odd camera's on the wall which went down well with my hubbie, a photographer. Excellent food and as always beer. Friendly service made this one of our favorite restaurants in Prague on our long weekend. Good price for food and drinks.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

We stumbled across 'Annabar' on our last night in Prague. It's location by the Charlse Bridge was very convenient ad because it is smack bang in the tourist area I expected the prices to be elevated.
We walked in and down the stairs to the resturant and I was a little apprehensive, but needent have been. Once in the basement the restuarant was very clean and cosy. The menu was varied and being vegetarian I had enough options to choose from. The food was cooked to order, very fresh and well presented. The waiter was very polite and pleased that we made the effort to speak a little czech.
The price was fab - 2 starters, 2 main courses and a bottle of czech wine came to £25!!!
I would definately go to Annabar again.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

This restaurant was my worst experience in my visit to Prague. I ordered a Czech dish and all the food in this dish was fried, fried in oil!!! so much fat!!! how can anyone eat this nasty thing??? I have listened good opinions about czech food, so I dont believe it was exactly a czech dish.

The waiter was very rough, aggressive and unpleasant. And at the end, I paid a lot of money for that garbage.

In conclusion I felt very bad in that place, like a nightmare. Avoid it!!

2  Thank latina82
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I would avoid this restaurant down near the Charles bridge , poor service , waited 45 minutes on meal after order, small portions and overpriced compared to many other better restaurants in Prague , theres hundreds, and this is the only one I visited out of 14 that I would not return to, a ridiculous 15% service charge is added just as a final touch.

1  Thank brussell2016