“havent been inside”
Review of Caupona Michalska

Caupona Michalska
Ranked #4,280 of 5,664 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed May 13, 2013

just saw how staff argues with clients and fights with them. I had my clients in restaurant next to this one ( U Modre Kachnicky II btw, very good one for reasonable rates and nice and friendly staff, trust me, Im 12 years in travel business ) and saw this fight so asked them whats happened. these were 4 people in age around 50 ? and told me that they were asked to pay for something they didnt order. of course they refused so one of staff was fightining with one lady. they also broke glasses of one of clients and were extremly arrogant. PLEASE dont go to this kind of restaurants here in Prague. there are plenty of really good ones with rates mentioned on menu lists and friendly staff here in town. I always feel really sad when see this in my town. this is my 1st review, I dont post lot of comments on internet but wanted to share my experince.

3  Thank go c

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Pizza 159Kc each good value beer 60 and 90Kc for small and large. Total rip off 159 x 2 + 60 +60 bill came to 608Kc ??????? added extras to the table We did not want and did not eat. They would not change the bill. I gave them 650kc. Did not get my change.

RIP OFF PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS RESTAURANT

READ MY OTHER REVIEWS

6  Thank away-again-yes
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The place in nice, the food is rather good, but nothing special. The staff is courteous.
But everything said before about the commission for service is true. It's about 20%.
The waitress brought us the invoice and added their commission showing us the final amount on the calculator. It was a bit doubtful.
They don't accept credit cards. This is also their big minus.

2  Thank Tatiana T
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Just needing a quick coffee we ordered two coffees without looking at the menu. The bill was outrageous compared with others nearby and the 20% service charge the first we had experienced in Prague. Should have contested however just paid and left in disgust. Do not go!

4  Thank Lisa88874
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We came across this restaurant on a friday night when the others in the same street were all full. The place seems nice at a first glance, but avoid it like hell. The service is poor, the food is awful and the beer is the most expensive in Prague. We should have understood immediately that it was a trap for tourist because the prices were not shown clearly on the menu (description on a page and prices on another).
At the end of the dinner we spent more than 1100 Kr for two wiener schnitzel and two beers. They pretended us to pay for the service, taxes and something else (the bill was written in czech in a piece of paper because the cash register was not working...), and they even charged 40 Kr for the pretzel we found on the table.
The didn't accept credit cards, so one of us had to go to a cash machine and to come back with money to pay the bill. The waiter acted like a russian mafioso, and we were a bit scared too, but we refused to pay for the service.
Stay away from this "restaurant"!

4  Thank supermilus