All reviews flights of stairs minute walk old town keys luxury suite reception location
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2019

This firm obviously have several flats for rent, and we are staying in Mala Strana, Hellichova. I have now been 19 times to Prague, and recommend staying in this part of town, rather than in the Old Town. It is quieter, cheaper and still within walking distance of all the sights. The public transport in Prague is also so cheap and efficient, that I suspect staying in the outer parts might be good as well.
But back to the subject in hand. We were aware that this is a loft with no lift/elevator - so be prepared for climbing 9 flights of stairs. We were not aware that the apartment and reception are in two different locations, so we felt lost for a bit. Luckily, the reception office is only 300 m away. Having got the keys and climbed the stairs, the apartment was even nicer than it looked in the pictures. VERY spacious, two nice bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, nice living area and a very well equipped kitchen. Loverly view of Prague Castle. I think maybe the shower in the upstairs (yes, another flight of stairs) needs to be looked at, only a trickle of water came out of the "rainforest" shower in the ceiling, although there was nothing wrong with the water pressure otherwise. Don't stay here if you love to throw noisy parties, the building is supposed to be quiet after 10 pm, or if you are not up to the 9 flights of stairs. But if you want a relaxing stay in a wonderful city with an added feeling of luxury and independence - it is highly recommended.

Room tip: This is a flat - so you get all the rooms.
Date of stay: November 2019
ElisaPraga, Guest Relations Manager at Empirent Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2019

Thank you Hildeg for choosing Empirent Apartments!

You are absolutely right, Mala Strana is wonderful and less crowded than New Town.

We are glad that you liked the apartment and that you think it looks nicer in reality than in the pictures.
We will let the supervisor know about the shower and it will be fixed by next time you come to visit us.

Have a lovely day and come back to Prague soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2019 via mobile

I think we couldn’t hv chosen a better option/location in Prague, than the 5 room AC apartment suite in the traditional czech period decor for our family of 10 . With all modern facilities, for kitchen and bathrooms, including 2 washing machines, all home amenities you couldn’t want more. With free wifi, three TVs, an attic with huge dining and party space plus a bedroom up there with attached bathroom. And a terrace too! The whole family’s needs get well taken care of. Only hiccup for those with weak knees or back problems?... a four storey climb! But once up, you’re totally satisfied. Would highly recommend this for your visits to Prague. They hv all combinations of rooms. And its walking distance from imp sites too. Go for it! You can see I’m euphoric !!!!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
ElisaGoPraga, Guest Relations Manager at Empirent Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

Thank you AratiG1 for staying at Empirent Apartments.

We are very happy o read that you enjoyed the space and the decor of our apartment.
It is true that Empirent apartments are perfect for large families who like to travel in style.

We hope to have the pleasure ho having you again soon and we send you warm greetings from Prague.

Reviewed June 14, 2019

Having got this deal on booking.com and paying a good 10 months ago was I hoping for an amazing stay . Let me start... I had several emails asking about the 6 people booked and not the 4 booked people which was annoying as I booked 4 people at the time off the booking .Also about payment (I already paid in full at the time off the booking) several emails later had confirmed I had paid months ago last month. I then thought we would be in the main building off the reception area . This wasn't the case ! I feel it wasnt the apartment we paid for from pictures etc, although a nice apartment . Upon arrival £300 deposit was taken( I've had to email asking if the monies have been put back!!!) . I dont remember seeing an email advising this lucky we had cards with us to pay so its FYI. They are also very strict on hen/stag duos(this was mentioned even though we were 2 x couples at check in) ie they wouldnt let you stay FYI.We then had a hot long walk to our apartment again this wasnt advised via email we would be half way round the other side off the main building 10 minutes walk. Again for disabled or family or older people this might off been a hassle.There was a note on my booking .com messages but no email about the walk although very brief about the location, I didnt check my booking.com messages as I wasnt expecting to walk 10 minutes away from the main reception. I did try argue my case this fell on dead ears !! The apartment was in what can be described as a yard with a lift and had a security guard up and down checking on us his face peering though the lift window. The lift didn't always work (activated by a medal fob) and is about 7 floors up and I honestly couldn't be bothered with mither off complaining with reception about the diva lift. The apartment was lovely clean ok view ,would I stay again... no the hassle/emails/diva lift has put me off and the walking around in a hot Prague cases in toe after a 7 am flight to get our apartment. We had arrived early and our apartment was ready we asked if we could have the apartment 45 mins early it was explained we would be charged far enough! I can only describe it as a "fur coat no knickers" scenario and next time I might be better not being sucked in by the pictures off the rooms ..... lesson learnt

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello 333suzannm,

Thank you for booking at Empirent Apartment.
We are glad to read that you liked the apartment and the view but we are sorry that your stay was ruined by some miscommunication.

In the confirmation of your booking, there are all the details about the location of the apartment, the reception, the prepayment, and the elevator. We are very sorry that the information was not clear enough. We try really hard to provide all the information but we have to do better if you say that we were not expecting to walk 10 minutes and check in at 3 pm.
We have fixed the elevator and we have a more flexible check in policy that allows you to check in for free up to one hour before the check in time.

We are very strict about hen / stag parties and we have to take a security deposit for incidentals. We care about our Guests but we also care about our neighbours and we simply do not want them to be bothered by loud parties.

We thank you once again for your stay at Empirent Apartments and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Prague.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

Our one bedroom loft apartment looked newly refurbished, well appointed and very chic. There was one major problem. No where in their description did they mention that there was no elevator to this 6th floor apartment. There were 16 flights of stairs to climb and it was not easy with suitcases. Definitely not for seniors or people who have any physical limitations. Also, no mention was made that their entrance and courtyard area was under major renovation which posed a safety and health hazard. Before booking with Empirent, be sure to ask about elevators and how far your apartment is from their central office where you must check in first. Our apartment was a 15-20 minute walk away.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you Anna for booking Empirent Apartment.

We are glad to read that you like the decor and furniture.

We thank you for letting us know that the information regarding the elevator and the distance from the reception was not clear. We did our best to give all the Guests as many information as possible about the booked location, but we have to do better if you say that this came as a surprise to you.

We have reviewed all the descriptions of the apartments and we hope that nobody else will be confused in the future.

Thank you once again for your stay and for your feedback

Reviewed January 15, 2019

We went there on a business trip and had 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It was located at the city centre and very nicely set. A large living room, dinner table and kitchen. As there is a private balcony, those who smoked enjoyed not to have to go down 6 stories. If we return, we will for sure rent it again.

Date of stay: January 2019