“Nice small hotel”
Review of Old Time Hotel

Old Time Hotel
Ranked #467 of 677 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in October. They gave us a smaller room because of some inconvenience with other client but were very apologetic and wanted us to switch next day - which we didn as it was just for two nights. The location was nice, close to metro station, breakfast was good enough for us considering it a small hotel. We liked the idea of the "old time" but to be honest expected more than just using old things we found after our grandparents. Bathroo was furnished in modern art, as were some other things as well.
To sum up, I was Ok with two nights, but if it was for a longer holiday I would choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We booked this hotel quickly based on positive reviews, but didn't check out the pictures that much. When we arrived, we were pretty weirded out. Our room had this medieval thing going on--with a tiki hut in the corner for a bathroom. It was just totally random and unexpected. That being said, once we got past the strange motifs, the place was great. The bed was comfy, shower was one of the best I've encountered abroad, and you can't beat a breakfast. The location is fantastic, with Pavlova (metro station) a couple of blocks away, you can get anywhere from that.

The one MAJOR downside of the Hotel was its inconsistent internet. The manager told us at the onset that the internet was acting up, then later he seemed to think it was working yet no one could connect. Don't count on getting WiFi here, especially in the rooms. There are cafes a block or so away, but I don't think they should've advertised internet if they have NONE.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dmk314
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I spent a few nights here while undergoing medical treatment nearby.
It's a decent cheap guest house. No more or less than that. Room was clean, but only had a cleaner visit once in 6 days. Bathroom was clean and new. Breakfast was standard cereal/bread/salami etc. Only real gripes were poor wifi and thin curtains that made it impossible to get my room dark. Area was a bit drab, but seemed safe enough.
I would stay again, but only for discounted rates. I've seen prices listed that were way too high for this place.

Room Tip: No lift, only stairs. Breakfast room is on 2nd floor and rooms 5 and 6 are next to it and can access...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in march 2013, we booked a quadruple room. The room was nicely decorated, with private bathroom and towels are included in the price. Breakfast is included and you can find, milk, coffee, tea, ham, cheese, corkflakes, yogurt and so on. Everything is served in the kitchen and I think that customers can use it to eat cook something.
even if no one is standing at the reception 24h, whenever you ring their bell they come to you and help you. they can give you information and free maps. staff is nice and available.
The hotel is 5 walking min far from the underground station (pavlova), where many trams are available too. Otherwise you can get to Venceslas square on foot, walking for about 15 min.
I advice this hotel to people who don't want to spend a lot but want to travel and visit the place all day long.
the place is clean and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have been at the Old Time hotel for 2 nights in december 2012.
it is "all right" but the structure is old and should be fixed up a bit.
The manager/owner is very nice and ready to help at at any time.
Rooms are a bit messy, definitively different.
Decorated in a strange way but ok.
Breakfast could be better.
Location is very good.
It would have been fine, but the price we had to pay was really huge for what the Old Time hotel is.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I spent a week in Prague with my brother and a bunch of friends and we found the most welcoming environment in this hotel.It is not too flashy but it is very artistic and has a unique atmoshpere. Something that Kafka described in his stories from Prague. IPersonally I value it more than luxury.Thanx

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel features individually designed rooms, and my room was spacious and nice. The location was convenient. Free WiFi. I could access the common area with kitchen and tables/chairs for dining or work. However, there were some uncomfortable moments. First, it takes ages to get someone from the reception open the door. I think that only one of the reception staff speaks some English - another one just nodded but we had to communicate in the mixture of English, Russian, and Czech. The breakfast room is very small and since the breakfast time starts late (8.00), soon there is no space for everyone. There was no hairdresser in the bathroom.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business