“Lovely hotel and nice staff !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Kings Court

Hotel Kings Court
Ranked #53 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
“Lovely hotel and nice staff !!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at the Kings Court Hotel ( 03-07 till 07-07-13 ). We were very happy with our room ( room 228 ). All staff were very kind and helpfull. The breakfast was excellent !!! Thank you for all !!! We will come back in the future !!!

Best regards,

Robbie & Faouzia Van Mieghem-Mkiddem

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Robbie & Faouzia,

You are very welcome. We also thank you for being so kind and sharing your lovely experience with other travellers.

We are glad to hear that you felt comfortable and we already look forward to your return.

With regard from sunny Prague,

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
brussels
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in an executive room: not extremely large (there where some slightly larger rooms which were not classified as Junior Suite) but very weel appointed and equipped.
The executive lounge was pleasant and weel stocked, with an efficient assistant.
Only minuses: the pillows are way too soft (no alternative was offered); the bedding was not changed (the hotel is supposed to be 5*); there was no bed turn-down (but the first night there were chocholates). Common areas, apart from the lounge, are quite skimpy (practically inexistent) for a 5*, but that is comprehensible given the pricing level (slightly lower than the competition). Breakfast was very rich, but in the only restaurant of the hotel which is quite small, even adding the ouside terrace (the wheather was very good) so everything was crumped and clients and waiters were constantly bumping into each other.
The location is excellent for visising Prague and the experience is overall quite positive, although the hotel is really only 4*

Room Tip: Rooms on the front are nice and affors some open view - outside noise is not really a problem
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience. Although we are glad to hear your positive comments, we were surprised and disappointed to read that you have not received your turn down service which we provide to every guest unless the "do not disturb" sign is on. Please note that the bedding is regularly changed every three days which is a standard of most hotels worldwide. I am sure you will agree that changing the linen on daily basis is unnecessary and certainly not environment friendly. If however our guests express their wish of fresh linen, we change this immediately without a question.

We thank you for your suggestion of having harder pillows. We have got number of different types of pillows and I can only assume that all "harder" pillows were in use during your stay. We have now purchase more of these so that we prevent any similar situation from re-occurring and I thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Once again we thank you for your precious time and we very much hope to welcome you back in the future.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My third trip to Prague and stay at the Kings Court started out very poorly. The airline lost my suitcase somewhere between Detroit and Prague. Czech Air had no clue and could do nothing for me at the airport, so I left the airport without my suitcase and headed to Kings Court. Upon arrival, I explained my luggage situation and the executive lounge receptionist- sorry, I am very poor with names, said not to worry and checked me in. All evening, the staff were in contact with Czech Air. At 10:00 PM, they made a call again, and had found the bag. A courier delivered it several hours later. I can't tell you what a gut wrenching feeling it is to start a vacation without a suitcase. What would have started out as a miserable week ended up the beginning of a fantastic stay at Prague and Kings Court. The staff went above and beyond to find my bag and I will be forever grateful. I don't believe the staff at any other hotel would have spend the time and effort to help me out like they did. They genuinely care about their guests and it shows. The staff is the true measure of the quality of a hotel and Kings Court surpasses all others in this regard.
Kings Court is truly a special hotel and the only place I will stay while visiting Prague. Pavel. K. is a true friend, as well as as the other staff at the lobby bar.
I won't go on about the room, but it was clean, comfortable and is my home in Prague- I always stay at the same room.
Thanks again, I am planning my next visit already.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Steve M
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Steve,

We were thrilled when reading your fantastic feedback. We thank you ever so much for sharing your experience with others on this website.

We are very proud of our team and we realise they are the key to our guests' satisfaction. We will ensure they are rewarded for their excellent job.

We very much look forward to your next visit!

With warm regards from Prague,
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I have been here three weeks ago for a long weekend Prague. THE hotel is perfectly located for all the hotspots in Prague (old square is very near, THE bridge is on walking distance, metro is near). We had an outstanding view from THE room, the beds are very comfortable. Breakfast is great, enough choice (fresh fruits, warm dishes, bubbles) and you can sit outside. Also THE restaurant serves a good meal. Going back to Prague we will definately choose this hotel. One tiny little remark, there were no bath robes in THE room. I think That should be a must in a five star hotel. But I forgive THE hotel as everything else was perfect.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Miss,

Thank you for you sharing your lovely comments with other travellers. We are pleased to hear that you left our hotel with a big smile on your face.
As for the bathrobes, we provide them by default in all our Executive and higher room categories. We will gladly provide the bathrobe and slippers to all other guests upon request.

Once again we thank you and we wish you a lovely summer.

dublin
Reviewed June 30, 2013

my husband and i stayed here 2 weekends ago and then i went back and stayed there again last weekend with my sister. the hotel is great. we stayed both times in an executive room - the use of the executive suite that comes with it is great - there were soft drinks, wine, salads, snacks from 11.30 to 8 each day and it was fab to visit on return to the hotel after sightseeing. the girls that work in there are lovely and nothing is too much trouble for them. the air con in the room is one of the best i've seen in a hotel - it was really cold (as thats what i set it to) and really quiet. the rooms and bathrooms and really clean and everything looks new and is well maintained. we stayed in troom 815 both times - this room looks onto republic square and is on a corner and has a small balcony. they have 2 sets of windows so that no noise gets through. the beds and pillows are fabulously comfortable. 1 tiny fault is that while they have lovely heavy blackout curtains in the bedroom - the door into the bathroom is glass and the bathroom has no blinds so the sun shines through early in the morning - so either bring an eye mask if this affects you or ask the helpful girls in the exec lounge to oraganise a blanket to cover the bathroom door - it worked a treat. we upgraded from the executive room to the executive package and availed of the car to and from the airport - the guys who drove us were really helpful and the cars were coll and clean and new looking. we arrived feeling relaxed and fresh. we had massages also in the spa - they were fantastic and well worth the money. i didnt use the pool although my husband did - 1 day there were kids in it so he could swim as it was so small but the next day it was empty and so he got a swim in. the location of the hotel was brilliant - really brilliant. personally i prefer the old town to the new town and the hotel kings court is a 5 minute walk/stroll away from the old town square so not only are you pretty near it but most importantly, you are not too near so that you hear every drunk walking past the hotel at 4 in the morning, especially if you are a light sleeper like me. also, you have the underground entrance right outside and the tram stop right outside also so you can get anywhere really easily. the breakfasts are grrreat - there was a great selection of everything you could imagine for breakfast - we sat on terrace and watched the world go by. my one and only gripe (if i had to pick one) is that when we stayed there the temp was 32 degrees and while the air con in the rooms was great, it would have been great to have some in the hallways also. but a small gripe considering everything else was so good. all in all, i would happily recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back myself.

Room Tip: room 815 is an exec room with a balcony in the corner of the hotel so has windows on 2 sides. it ove...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brona b
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Brona,

We were thrilled by reading your outstanding review. We highly appreciate your time taken to share such lengthy feedback with other travellers. I will pass your comments onto the entire Kings Court team and we thank you your compliments.
We regret that air-conditioning on the floors was not strong enough. Our technicians did all they could in order to cool down the hotel, however in such extreme temperatures as 38°C this was very challenging. Thankfully these heat waves reach Prague only once or twice per year.

Once again we thank you and we already look forward to looking after you again.

mayo
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Really lovely hotel. Stayed on 3rd floor looking out on the square and could not hear a thing at night. best sound proofing ever. Tram runs from outside the door. 5-10 mins walk from old town square. Clean room and spacious bathroom with lovely l'occitane toilitries. Lovely breakfast.

Only downside was lack of more english speaking tv channels. The only ones available were news channels.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are worth the extra money as the look onto square and you have access to executive l...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Gillian,

Thank you for commenting on your recent experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our services and I thank you for the suggestion of more TV channels.
I have now passed your comment onto the relevant manager for follow up.

We wish you and your family a sunny summer and we look forward to your return.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Pros:
- Very nice and soft king size bed, one of the best hotel beds I slept in
- Great location just next to one of the exits of Namesti Republiky metro and in front of Palladium shopping mall
- Very good breakfast serves till 10:30 am where orange juice is freshly squeeze by the guests
- Helpful front desk staff
- Nice small spa to relax in after work or during rainy days
- Size of bedroom and bathroom is quite nice
- No password for wifi connection, great if you have many devices

Cons:
- Work going on in the room next to mine, very noisy for the whole week since 8:30 am (between room 631 and the lift to spa)
- Housekeeping and the staff going around checking on minibar ignore "Do not disturb" sign
- Could not get the TV to work
- No recognition of I-Prefer membership

I think this has the potential to be a great hotel. All the negative points I raised could be fixed easily.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Namesti Republiky if you want a view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo