“Perfect for a bunch of Hen Princesses...”
Review of Hotel Kings Court

Hotel Kings Court
Ranked #54 of 649 Hotels in Prague
London
“Perfect for a bunch of Hen Princesses...”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here for a Hen weekend, and had a great time. The room was a decent size, beds were comfortable, the bathroom was luxurious. The main bar was good and made great cocktails... hard to get used to smoking indoors. The breakfast was FABULOUS, couldn't ask for more. I think you should definately pay the additional upgrade cost, for entry into the exec lounge, for free drinks and snacks until 8pm.... saved us a packet.

The spa was great... the relaxation area was amazing and the staff could not do enough. The spa area was really good a nice jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. I had the Body Strategist treatment which I enjoyed at the time, but then I had an allergic reaction... although this may have been due to going to the Sauna afterwards.

I highly recommend this hotel, for its location, the service and the facilities. Really couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the street, and wasn't bothered by the sound, although apparently other...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with other travellers. We are pleased to hear that you had a good time whist staying with

We are sorry to hear that you had an allergic reaction. We ask all our guests to provide us with health information such as allergies, injuries etc. prior to any treatment. We had not been informed of any allergy and I would like to inform all our guests that the products we use in our spa are natural based.

We are however glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you may return. We look forward to your return.

Quality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We ordered a triple executive room, but stayed in a double executive room with an extra bed and it was very crowded. Otherwise, we had a wonderful stay, the location was great and the breakfast and executive lounge was excellent. The only thing that disappointed us was that we checked out in 12:30, while our flight was at midnight, so we had to spent about 10 hours without having a room while the outside tempertue is around 0 C. We asked to stay in the executive lounge and they refused to allow us without paying an extra of 15 Euros per person.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Ziag,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with other travellers. Thank you for all your positive comments about our breakfast and services.

We regret we could not offer you the late checkout which was due to the high occupancy of our hotel. It is our policy not to allow guests to the VIP lounge after check out; this policy is in place so that we can offer the service to our in-house guests as we guarantee this to them. After checkout, our guests are always welcome to use other hotel facilities such as our lobby bar or the mEating Point restaurant.

Once again we thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here with some friends for a weekend break. The rooms are large and well presented and equiped but my wife had one bug bear in that there was not a dressing table where she could sit and prune, but this seems to be norm these days with hotels. The corridor areas could do with a freshen up and boy were they hot. The breakfast was good with plenty of selection and fresh. Would say that it was quite cramped inside when full but there is a outdoor heated area. Staff were very friendly and helpful

I know it advertises a Spa but must say that this is very small and cramped so you need to select the right time to use it.

Overall would recommend hotel to friends especailly as it was just the right distance from the sights of Prague which I must say are beautiful

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Glyn,

Thank you for your feedback and for your compliments. We are glad to hear that you are willing to recommend our services.
With room design (dressing table) we will keep your suggestion in mind when refurbishing our bedrooms in the future.

Once again we thank you and we look forward to your return.
Hughenden
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a good hotel not uk 5 star but your not paying uk prices. We travel extensively and booked a junior suite. Fabulous room walk in shower and jacuzzi bath.. My only concern was that the water was green the first night and orange the second.
Not sure why! We found he hotel staff excellent. I requested a quiet room and that's exactly what we got. Excellent draw. We didn't have a view but that didn't bother us. Great beds. Lovely pillows maybe too soft for some. Executive lounge was excellent. Never had a problem at breakfast. It's busy but very well run. I would highly recommend the hotel. 5 mins from the old town. Close to the really good shops. Had a treatment which was ok. Our only disappointment was the spa. It's small which we expected but there were just too many people in it. Water everywhere. Personally they need to restrict the number of people in at any one time. If your not worried about a spa this hotel ticks all the boxes.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nicky,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with other travellers. First of all we would like to apologise for the trouble with the water in your room. We regret you did not bring this to our attention during your stay where we could have offered a solution. I can confirm that our maintenance team is already working on fixing the problem.

We thank you for your compliments about our staff, I will share them with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2013

To start, I'd like to state that, in my opinion, this hotel is not a 5-star hotel, and I was not lookking for one, but this is where my non-positive comments will end.

I LOVED THE HOTEL AND DEFINITELY WOULD CHOOSE TO STAY THERE AGAIN if an opportunity presents itself. The hotel is well-presented, not pretentious, clean, well-organized and well-maintained, with nice, polite, accomodating staff most of which speaks English. My room was facing the inner court which I didn't mind, and it was quiet. The room was nothing extraordinary, but very clean, efficient, with a standard set of things you might find in a inexpensive "Las Vegas" style hotel room. Very clean bathroom with a beautiful clean bathtub, all necessary toiletries. An electric tea pot, coffee and tea bags, bottled water, mini-bar, computer-size safe, flat-screen TV. The room service staff was nice, polite and generous with delicious chocolate candies. The only other things I would wish for, were a few extra English TV channels, and a multi-voltage outlets in the room, similar to those already provided for shavers in the bathroom.

The location of the hotel is excellent, located in Prague1, walking distance from the Karluv Most and many other attractions, with a big shipping mall across the plaza, next to a concert hall where you can enjoy an daily changing repertoire, nice restaurants.

I can't but mention the hotel's restaurant service. And I leave this "for dessert". At the time I was visiting, we were enjoying free breakfasts as part of the hotel package. I can't remember another hotel where the breakfasts presented a richer choice of dishes. Everything you could possibly imagine for breakfast was there. All types of appetizers, European, American, Russian, freshly-squeezed juices, many deserts, fruits, different styles of coffees, even Champaign. Not just good-looking, but also very delicious, breakfasts were so fulfilling that it was hardly necessary to stop for food at another place for many hours. One day I had a breakfast at the outside terrace, and was very pleasantly surprised by the choice of music so much complementing the breakfast.

Again, if I ever go to Prague again, I wouldn't even think of researching for another hotel,

THANK YOU ALL!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank NYguestNY
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel Kings Court, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and although we are very pleased to hear you loved our services, I would be glad to hear further feedback with reference to the hotel star rating which would help us to improve our services.

Please feel free to contact me directly with further feedback.

Once again we thank you for your review and we wish you all the best in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My fiance and I requested a high floor room, on the 7th floor, which was quiet. The king size bed was comfortable, although the pillows are feather which we find too soft. We found the heating/air con confusing to control but it did do its job! The bathroom was fabulous, huge rainfall shower which was divine after a day of walking the snowy streets of Prague.
There was a huge range of delights for breakfast; cooked bacon, sausage, eggs, mushrooms, cold meats and cheeses, cereals, fresh fruit, pastries and breads. Staff are brilliant, very attentive and very polite.
The location is brilliant too, a stones throw from lots of sights in the Old town and not too far from the New town. We would definitely recommend this hotel, it was a pleasure to stay there and we would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Anthony,

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our hotel with other travellers. We are glad to hear that you felt comfortable during your stay. We thank you for your comments with reference to the air-conditioning control; I will consider amending the instructions to it.

Thank you again! We hope to see you back soon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Fantastic Hotel, great location, impeccable service

We decided to visit Prague during winter time (18 Feb) but we wanted to be pampered. I started looking through TripAdvisor’s top 25 hotels in the Czech Republic and there was where I found the Kings Court Hotel (No.15). I started reading the reviews and notice it had 580 “excellent” reviews out of 880 in total + 188 “very good” reviews. In addition has a “Traveller’s Choice 2013” and it is categorized as “Luxury” and “Top” hotel, and this described exactly what we were looking for.

Since the very beginning the costumer oriented services was evident when I started receiving personal emails from the “Hotel Concierge” to customize our stay and understand all our requirements and necessities during the 5 days of our visit. Starting with an impeccable Mercedes S Class limo service to collect us from the airport (for CZK 1190 ~ £45) which is about 20-30 min from the hotel (you could also ask for the Hotel’s car, Audi A6, for CZK 790 ~ £30). There are plenty of other ways to be transferred (buses, tram, normal taxis) but if you are paying that extra to stay here, why not pamper yourself with this exclusive service.

We went to Prague to celebrate our 15th Wedding Anniversary and I let them know in advance the purpose of our trip. As a touch of impeccable taste, we were received in our room with a bottle of Czech sparkling wine (Bohemia Sekt Brut, fantastic, fully recommended and at a very reasonable price when you order it at the restaurant or bar), some strawberries and a small chocolate mousse cake, courtesy of the hotel. But the best thing was a letter written by the hotel manager congratulating us for our wedding anniversary and wishing us all the best hoping that we will enjoy our stay at the hotel. This was a very fine touch.

We book and a Junior Suite for our stay which has a massive 50 sqm with sitting are, private check-in/check-out at the Executive Lounge, complimentary access to Executive Lounge (with daily food and beverages selection), and to the SPA. I would strongly recommend at least upgrading to an Executive room so you get access to the Executive Lounge that is totally worthy. The hotel is walking distance to most of the touristic attractions within the Old Town, close enough to go back if felling tire and use the Executive Lounge as a perfect place to relax and get some nibbles and a glass of sparkling wine or a nice coffee or hot chocolate like in our case, because of how cold was outside.

In terms of food, I’ve seen some complains about the breakfast selection or how difficult was to get a table. I would say it could happen if you go at the busiest time. We went down every day at 9.45am (breakfast is served until 1030am) and didn’t have a problem finding a table. Take into account February is not the busiest month in Prage, it could be a bit hectic during spring or the summer. With respect to the breakfast selection there is plenty, over 300 different choices to choose. Be wise, don’t get everything the 1st day, try different things everyday and you won’t get bored. We also had dinner one night at the Brasserie Meating Point. I wouldn’t say it is cheap, but the food is at high standards. It has a great view of the Republic Square. We had a lovely evening.

We couldn’t take advantage of the spa at the hotel, this was very busy. I would recommend to book ahead of time to avoid disappointments. All the staffs were very friendly, they were there when you need them, but were not overwhelming you with attentions, which could be a bit annoying sometime.

Only thing I would regret is that our room didn’t have a view at all. It was looking towards an internal area within the building, but we spend little time inside the room at the end.

I would definitely stay there again and fully recommend it as a top class hotel to stay in Prague.

Room Tip: I would strongly recommend to book a Junior Suite or at least upgrading to an Executive room so you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with such a detailed feedback and thank you for summarising our tripadvisor score and awards :)

We are honoured that you have selected our hotel for your special occasion stay in Prague. It is our aim to ensure every guest leaves the hotel happy and we are very pleased when we hear that we have been successful.

With reference to the view in your room - I remind the travellers again that should you need a view from your room, you need to reserve an Executive room or higher category. All our Deluxe rooms face the courtyard.

We thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.