“Basic but good”

Hotel U Ceske koruny
Ranked #517 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had problems arriving to the hotel at first, as the route of the buses going to the hotel had been changed the day before (they were repairing roads, I guess, as the situation lasted only 6 days and it was planned) and when I told the girl at reception that we had had some problems arriving, she gave me a sheet with the schedules of the buses coming and going to the underground lines.

The hotel itself is quite away from the centre but it doesn't take you more than half an hour to arrive to the centre (unless it's weekend, then you should check the bus timetables before going around) and in Luka's metro station there is a couple of supermarkets. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone wanting to go clubbing or partying, as the underground and buses' services are really reduced by night.

Breakfast is nice, both there is both continental breakfast and sweets. If there is many people having breakfast at the same time, they are likely to run out of things but they replace them soon enough.
We ate there the day we arrived and food is great and quite cheap (and they give you a 10% discount for being a guest at the hotel). One evening we had to arrive early to the hotel as it was raining a lot, we decided to go down to drink something and their chocolate is amazing.

Room's are outdated and the carpet of the floor might be slightly dirty but overall and for the price of the rooms, I found them to be in good shape. The furniture was slightly broken and the beds made noise when you shifted while sleeping. If you don't leave the "please, come in" signal on the door, they won't go into the room. They don't seem to change the sheets while you are staying there, but they give you fresh towels if you let them in the bathroom's floor.

Wifi didn't arrive to my room (105) and I had to go to the reception, the backyard or the restaurant to use my PC.

Being away from Prague also has some advantages, such as a great sleep quality - there were no noises around, apart from a dog barking.

Staff is really nice and helpful.

Another little detail is that you have to pay when you arrive to the hotel, rather than in the check out - I don't know if that ever generated a problem to anyone.

Overall, I'd say that if your standards aren't really high, the hotel won't disappoint you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TripMember081820154

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during our business trip to Prague. We needed a nice 3* hotel at a reasonable distance from Czech Television and Barrandov Studios, so I was pleased when I found this hotel, 10mins drive from Barrandov. The biggest problem is that this hotel is far from a 3* standards. Walls in the rooms were dirty, furniture was destroyed, I wasn't even able to shut my window. There was no shower curtain in the bathroom and the shower head kept turning around in the stand so the bathroom was flooded after the shower. The whole hotel interior was messy and dirty (smelly, dirty stains on carpets, dirty walls...) and the parking space was not big enough for guests, so they blocked other cars. When mentioning positive things, bedsheets, covers and towels were fresh and clean, the staff was nice, and there was a good WIFI coverage in the hotel (having a router on each floor, reception and restaurant). Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel, mostly because of misleading photos and really-not-a-3*-category-hotel and because of the dirt in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Martina U
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is quite far from the centre, so the first thing is that you have to be aware of the metro and bus timetables.
The place is quite basic but it's clean and it's OK if you know what to expect. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was goodWe stayed here for 2 nights, double room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheMetalTraveller
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in October 2012. The hotel was outside the main city but the mode of transportation was very convenient. I would say that our stay was just satisfactory and there was nothing fancy about it. Although I believe that this place is more of a nice hostel than a 3 star hotel. The room we stayed in was small and the toilet had no shower curtain. We couldn’t even adjust the heater in our room, in addition the TV had only local channels available. The breakfast was okay though there weren’t many food choices. The hotel staff was always helpful and friendly and they respond on email inquiry very quickly.
If you are the type of a traveler who wouldn’t mind commuting at least 30 minutes to get to the city and if you simply need an affordable yet comfortable place to stay at then this hotel is for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BossyMrs
Reviewed December 16, 2012

located about half an hour using bus and metro as I had routes all ready before I left for trip I found it ok to find first day. Breakfast was ok however the restaurant was fine. Staff are helpful and are very nice. The toilet in the bathroom seemed to be leaking and there was no shower curtain.Not the worst I have stayed in, I would book again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank siobhan71
Reviewed November 21, 2012

we stayed here in 2 nights. far from main attraction but there's public transport and there's free parking if you travel by car. front desk ok. breakfast OK but same. Room clean. toilet ok. staff ok. i would recommend to stay at this hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Siti H
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed in this hotel with my friend for 5 nights and it was hell. The beds were very uncomfortable, seemed to be blood on the wall, food in restaurant tasted like someone had urinated all over it. As if this wasn't bad enough! The room was full of flies! There is no bank machines and is very far from the city. Toilet paper was like sand paper. The only thing Thais positive was that the Internet was very good! Otherwise staff was mediocre and free breakfast was horrible. Do not recommend! Better off finding an apartment hotel with own kitchen and fridge

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends