“Great food, not too touristy”
Review of Baracnicka Rychta

Baracnicka Rychta
Ranked #248 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
Description: Baráčnická rychta is Czech restaurant and beer garden with a long history, slightly nostalgic and relaxing atmosphere, excellent traditional Czech cuisine, Pilsner Urquell and Svijany draught beer as horseradish and original spirits from local distilleries. On weekends our accordionists will entertain the evening with live Old Prague songs.
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Drank some beers and ate dinner here a few days ago. The vibe is less tourist orientated than most places in the centre and near the castle, so that's an instant winner for me. For most of the evening we were the only non Czech people in there.

After a few beers my girlfriend went to powder her nose, and I got hit on by a very hot, albeit pretty drunk Czech girl, which was very entertaining.

Having slobbered over both of us, she staggered off, which was lucky, because soon my pork knuckle arrived, and if she'd seen me eating that, it would have been over INSTANTLY. It was very good, though the side of cabbage I got was a little funky- mostly very nice, but perhaps some older bits alongside the 'mostly very nice' bits?...bit of an old grease taste perhaps. I still ate it, but in retrospect, being an habitual plate clearer worked against me here.

The beer was all EXCELLENT, and the waitress was exactly as attentive as you'd like- neither too absent, or hanging around bothering you.

I'd definitely go again!

There are newer reviews for Baracnicka Rychta

Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is a fantastic little pub, great for a non-touristy experience so close to the castle.

At first I was a bit nervous, as the place was full of locals, but we were immediately made to feel welcome by the waitress.

The food here is great honest fare, my boyfriend had the Pork Knee, which he relished, and I had a pretty good Chicken Schnitzel with very tasty grilled veg.

The beer here is absolutely delicious! Dark beer lovers should try the Svijanský černý karamel 13, which was rich, black, and not sweet. Yum!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

A true typical czech restaurant. Difficult to find unless you know about it. This place is a true Czech restaurant at very reasonable prices. Would highly recommend. Located behind the Alchemist Hotel

1  Thank Travellingblogger
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We ordered soup, main dish, and dessert. All were very very good! The duck is recomanded, The gulash was a bit small.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

If you want to eat something special from Prague and Czech kitchen, you better visit that place. It can be a good meal break before or after visiting Prague Castle.