“Hugo..Better than the others Sadenmans Tours / Hasta ahora el mejor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Prague

Ranked #1 of 103 Food & Drink in Prague
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Home of the Famous Prague Free Tour with some of the best guides in Europe.Both fascinating history, and a great nightlife - From the 30 years war, to the dark years of Nazi and Soviet occupation, Prague has some of the most interesting history in Europe and a great nightlife. Our tours take your through the streets and show you what makes Prague great. Our tours run year round and on all major holidays. Click a tour link to find out where and when to join us.
Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Hugo..Better than the others Sadenmans Tours / Hasta ahora el mejor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

EN: I have been done the tour in many places Hamburg, Berlin (3 times), Amsterdam, London, Edimburg, Madrid, Munich and Paris.. Is the first time that i found one tourist guide with that enthusiasm to explain and catch the people attention, this time was Hugo (Gutiez if I remember well), he really knows what he is doing. Thanks so much dude for that whole day full of information and nice anecdotes. I highly recomend this company everywhere. /////

SP: He hecho el tour en muchas partes Hamburgo, Berlín (3 veces), Amsterdam, Londres, Edimburgo, Madrid, Munich y Paris .. Es la primera vez que me encontré con una guía turística con ese entusiasmo para explicar y captar la atención de la gente, esta vez fue Hugo (Gutiez si no recuerdo mal), él realmente sabe lo que está haciendo. Gracias tío por ese día entero lleno de información y anécdotas agradables. Recomiendo encarecidamente esta empresa en todas partes.

• Czech first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not as good as the others”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

To be honest I was a bit disappointed after doing these tours in Amsterdam, Berlin, Munich and hamburg. I found that the tour didn't focus on many of the main attractions of Prague but on many little things and we spent the whole second half of the tour in the Jewish quarter. It's fine if you have enough time to see everything else on your own but if you are here for a short time, I'd probably try a different company. Loved the tours everywhere else though ! Also the place they take you to is quite overpriced compared to local prices where you can get a proper pub meal for the same price.

1 Thank Trampabroad1992
Mark Q, Guest Relations Manager at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Prague, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hi Trampabroad,

It's great to hear you enjoyed your tours in four other cities, which makes it only more disappointing that we were less impressive in Prague. The idea is to get a good feeling for several districts, the Jewish district being just one of them, so I'm sorry you felt we spent too much time there. The place we go to for a break we quite like, and they're one of the only places which manages to serve everybody on the tour in time to keep going for the second half.

Thanks for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you in another city in the future.

Best,
Mark, Sandemans
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing Tour of Prague”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had been on two other previous Sandemans tours and thought they were great, so I decided to go on the free tour of Prague. There were a lot of people for the tour, so they were broken into three groups. My tour guide was Kate, and I believe that she is probably a lovely person, but felt that she was not the best tour guide. As English is not my first language, I found her a bit difficult to understand. She spoke VERY fast and did not allow time for questions. The three tour groups kept walking into each other and were close enough to hear the other guides. This also made it difficult for me to understand and to figure out where my group was.
Also, Kate spent a lot of time selling the other tours that you had to pay for. If someone is on a tour to learn about Prague, then the tour should focus on that, not making a buck. She also took a good amount of time to give a money exchange rate lesson, which was not something I thought was ridiculous and unnecessary. Yes, one more thing that I disliked was her buddy system. I am 56 years old and felt that this was unnecessary and demeaning. I don't need someone making sure that I am there. If people want to leave the tour, they should be able to do so without pressure from the buddy system. One last thing that I disliked was that the two major things I wanted to see in Prague, the castle and bridge, the tour never went to. You had to pay for a tour to those places.
Overall, I felt that the tour in Prague was of much lesser quality than the two Sandemans tours I had been to in the other cities. I would not recommend it to a friend.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank d f
Mark Q, Customer Care and Feedback at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Prague, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi d f,

Thanks for your review, and sorry we couldn't make it a 5-star this time. It sounds like we did much better in other cities and you were rightfully expecting more of the same in Prague.

The team at SANDEMANs, as well as the guides we work with all read TripAdvisor regularly, so it is very useful for Kate to read that you were having a hard time keeping up with her English. Our guides are mostly native speakers, but a large proportion of our guests are non-native, so this feedback will definitely be taken on board.

As for the bridge and the Castle, guides generally finish the tour right by the bridge, giving you a bunch of information, before inviting you to explore it yourself. Doing so generally takes a long time for many first-time visitors to the city as they take in the views, and stop for photographs. The side of the river with the castle is a whole district in its own right, and as much as we'd love to show you everything Prague has to offer, we can only cover so much in 3 hours. The free tour aims to show you as much as possible including a rock-solid orientation of the city as a basis for further exploration on your own, or, with us if you so choose.

Please do join us again, hopefully you'll enjoy your future tours as much as your previous ones. Thanks once again for your comments, and please do not hesitate to get in touch with myself or the rest of us here at SANDEMANs if we can help you further.

Safe travels
Mark at SANDEMANs
San Salvador, El Salvador
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Amasing tour, friendly and nice guide :) i took the free tour (twice!!!), the castle tour and the beer tour!!! Was a fantastic experiencie :) very recommendable :)

Beijing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thanks Lann and Kate :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went with Lann to Kutna Hora and with Kate to Terezin. Both guides were excellent, extremely knowledgeable and clearly committed and passionate about their adopted country. Minor hiccups like missing a connecting train and me falling over and hitting my head (!!!) were all handled professionally and without panic. Two great guides - I will rate you equally and thanks very much for making my holiday so enjoyable.

Visited February 2013