“How to spoil your vacation”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pension Corto

Pension Corto
Ranked #55 of 370 Prague B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“How to spoil your vacation”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Beds are very poor quality.
A matress on a wood board making lot of noise.
Bathroom was not clean.

Breakfast is cheap but there is nothing in it to remind you good times in Prag
I really doubt the famous French Tourist guidebook (le R.....d) checked the place.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger room that overlook the street.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Vincent M
Jolana K, Manager at Pension Corto, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback, Mr.Vincent.We already improve a lot of thinks in our place and we will continue!I hope that you wil come back and check it personally.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Amble, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have just returned from a weekend stay in Prague. Had a lovely time and we were very impressed with accommodation. The Pension Corto is in a great location, just at the bottom of St Wenceslas Square, next to the market. The staff were all friendly and the girl on reception showed us up to our room even though it was an attic room and there is no lift (I wouldnt like her job) - i never actually counted the stops but there were a lot! Walks off the pints & dumplings though :) The room was clean and had everything we needed, it was a very warm room though and there was no air con, probably far too hot in summer months. The breakfast was very basic, consisting of just a table at the rear of the cafe/restaurant, but there were a few bits to choose from and it was served until 11am which was good. When checking in you also get a card that gives you 20% off at the Pension Corto Italian restaurant - the food is very good here, and we received a free welcome drink too. All in all we had a lovely stay and would definately stop at this hotel again. :)

Room Tip: Take a deep breath before climbing the mountain of steps to the attic rooms :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jolana K, Manager at Pension Corto, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Mr.Amesthomp,
thank you very much for your feedback.Regarding your complains about breakfast let me inform you that we added some new kind of food (for example sweet rolls, chocolate cream, variety of cheese, cereals, griled vegetable etc)
Singapore
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The only thing that I like about this B&B is the fantastic location & good service! It is located at the centre of Old Town and only less than 5min walk to the Astronomical Clock Tower and Old Town Square! All the places of interest are within walking distance. I did not spend any money on transport except taxi to airport and bus tour.
I stayed 3 nights (25 – 28 Jun 2012) with my friend. Our room was at the 5th floor (in another old building across the small street from the main building of B&B) and there was no lift. We knew about it and were mentally prepared. BUT the staircase in the old building is wider and longer so the stairs seem to be double! We were very tired after we reached the 5th floor with all our shopping bags. So, I would not recommend for older travellers and female solo traveller to book rooms at 5th floor.
2 things to take note: Firstly, the rooms at the 5th floor are at the top of the building and there is no air-conditioning in the rooms. Our room was super hot during the night and there was only one small window at the top of the ceiling that can be opened (only can open half-way)! You cannot see any view at all! There was one standing fan in the room and I had to request for 2 fans instead! It was so hot at night that I cannot sleep during my stay. Secondly, there were drunkards and beggars sitting outside the main door of the building. I felt unsafe when I returned at night. I will have to keep a look out when my friend opened the main door. So, it is not advisable for female solo traveller to book room at 5th floor.
The staff at the B&B was very helpful and even help to look for another fan when I told them about the heat at night. The manager even helped me to look for another room at the 1st floor, at the main building of the B&B but all en-suite rooms were booked. I really appreciate their assistance to try to make my stay more comfortable. For this, I will give them a credit for the good service.
Another bonus is that you will be given a welcome drink and 20% off at the B&B restaurant as a guest of Pension Corto. I would choose to stay at 1st floor of the B&B (main building, front of the Havelske market) if I return for my next visit.

Room Tip: 1) It will be better if you choose the rooms at the 1st floor (at the main building of the B&B...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Serenetan
Jolana K, Manager at Pension Corto, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Mr.Serenetan,
thank you very much for your feedback.Definitely rooms on the fifth floor are not suitable for the
old travellers.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2012

stayed at the Pension Corto in March last year (although the memories are still fresh...) - tucked away just behind old town square in a charming typically Czech street, the pension corto offers warm, clean and comfortable accommodation in a superb location.

Noise at night was not really a problem - only downside is that the appartments are on the 5th floor of the house, being old its ceilings were very high so felt even higher - rather tiring to climb and not suitable for those with walking difficulties. excellent breakfast (and the pizzas are great too) - the best place i have stayed in in Prague

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Jolana K, Manager at Pension Corto, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice feedback, Mr. Martin!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. It was on 5th floor - was ok for me (good exercise) but not for my mum as she was unwell. Room is very spacious, the bathroom is huge! I would've spent more and booked the rooms at the main building if I travelled with not very fit people. My complaints would be the noise (although we're up high on a 5th floor attic!) from drunken men on the street, the smell coming from the restaurant just below if you open the bathroom window) so had to keep the window completely shut during the whole duration. However, I would highly recommend the restaurant (with canteen/cafeteria style) for very very good valued local Czech cuisine - it's called Havelska Coruna. Not sure if it's a good idea to stay here in summer time as there is no air conditioner in the room except for a small fan.
The service on the other hand, was excellent! Dragana from the reception was very efficient and helpful with any kinds of queries. She emailed me way in advance to enquire if I needed her to arrange for a pick up at the airport for 550 crown. Take the transfer if you have heavy suitcases with you or if you're in a group of 3 or more people, otherwise the bus and metro are easy and very inexpensive.
The breakfast was simple but it's the same spread everyday so might be boring by the third day!
I would recommend this accommodation for the excellent location and service, as well as the spacious room and the of course, free wifi!

Room Tip: If you booked for the 5th floor attic room, request for rooms on the right side of the property (I a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review.We improved equipment of our rooms in the last a few months.We hope that you will more satisfied upon your next stay with us.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We would definitely stay here again and I would strongly recommend this pension to all of my family and friends. The location was perfectly central. Walking distance to everything important. Good price. Clean room. New bathroom. High ceilings. Only downside was the 5 story stairs to climb. As a young and healthy couple, it wasn't a problem though. The breakfast was included and quite good as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review.We are very happy that you were satisfied with our place!

See you the next time
Matzenbach, DE
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We would stay here again if it's just the two of us, probably wouldn't bring guests. The Pension Corto was mostly clean and safe. The location was great. The rooms were a bit musty and the showers small. The rooms did have tea/coffe making facilities, that was nice! The breakfast was average, on the first morning it was cleaned up before we arrived (even thought there was at least 30minutes left of the slotted breakfast hours) they did bring us preassembled plates wand drinks. The second morning there was a small buffet, both mornings there were guests smoking in the resturant: a pretty big turn off to us. Overall good stay for the low price.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank RTMitchell248
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your review.We always keep price and quality of our offered accommodation in balance.