“Wow...I never would have expected this.”

Restaurace Na Kopci
Ranked #208 of 5,468 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Wow...I never would have expected this.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I were brought to this restaurant by some friends that live in the city. My last two times in Prague were wonderful, but the food has never impressed me and we've tried some of the better places in the city. I used to own my own restaurant about 15 years ago, but found that it ruined me in some ways because when I go out to eat very few places impress me. However, this was one of those times that I was pleasantly surprised from start to finish. It was traditional Czech food with touches of French, Italian and Asian influences. The wine selection was pleasantly well done and service was just about perfect. The place is located off the beaten path, but It would be foolish to miss the opportunity to dine here if you're in Prague. You should make a reservation because the place tends to fill up fast.

Visited September 2012

• Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Moscow, Russia
“Surprising location with great food, but service became bad at 22.30”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It is kind of a hidden gem in Prague, tucked away in a residential area of Prague 5. Very nicely decorated with all kind of (family) pictures, cosy atmosphere. But although the food and the wine were great, the waiter kind of spoiled the overall sensation at the end of the evening. After a great dinner we decided to have another glass of wine at but were told it was our last one. In the meantime lights went off behind us and tables were cleaned. An unwelcome after taste unfortunately.

Prague, Czech Republic
“Bad day ?”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I heard many positive reactions on this restaurant. It is not easy to get there, location is little bit sideways from main roads and tucked between houses, but i found it. I ordered flank steak with green beans and bacon with bearnaise sauce. Flank steak should be done medium, was more rare. Green beans with bacon all right, good prepared, little crispy. Unfortunately bearnaise sauce wasn´t good. Very rich, thick, not smooth. It looks like prepared few hours before serving, no signs of taragon flavor and wine accidity. So overall the dish was not good as i expected, but i´ll try it again and maybe i will have more luck. Service was quite slow and not much friendly. Restaurant was almost empty, even so i had to wait over 10 minutes for the waiter and than 35 minutes for meal.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Pedroso87
Prague, Czech Republic
“Superb food at affordable prices”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We chose this place based on the Maurer Grand Restaurant ranking (like the CZ version of the Zagat guide). We were quite surprised when we looked it up on the map, but figured it was worth the trip. The food was spectacular. The freshest seafood we have had in Prague (over a 5-year period), great wine and amazing desserts. It seems like a wonderful combination of high-end food, with great prices and nice selection. We were lucky enough to be dining during a fireworks show, which was visible through the windows, which made the dinner even more enjoyable. It is definitely worth the cab ride out to visit this restaurant, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Excellence in food na kopic”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is a great find. The food is really excellent. Time and care as well as attention to basic details make this a wonderful restaurant experience for foodies. We started with an amuse bouche which was tuna and deliciously flavored. I began with the chef's selection, consisting of 6 small tasters. The most superb of these was the fois gras soaked in port, but all were delicious and different. The deer was tender with an excellent jus. For 600kn the men indulged in a 4 course amazing dinner. This is a family restaurant but the food is haut cuisine at very reasonable prices. Highly recommend this restaurant. It's not in central Prague but catch a cab. You will not be disappointed. An experience to be treasured and remembered. I can't believe the prices - they are so reasonable. These are people who love their food and respect seasonal variation. Fantastic!!

1 Thank KathyH111