“Great breakfast for an amazing price”

Cafe Bar Archa U Prokupku
Ranked #371 of 5,470 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
“Great breakfast for an amazing price”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We found this cafe while walking and looking for a breakfast. We had egg, cheese, ham and bread which were served in a one dish style. Very tasty and a price that you need to check for yourself.

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Cheap, because it's cheap”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I got the mixed salad. It came in a bowl filled with iceberg lettuce, some soggy tomatoes, peaches from a tin and ham from a pack sliced into strips. Each of the ingredients sat in its own little lump on the lettuce. Don't go there, you'll find better value everywhere else in Prague.

3 Thank MadMustardMan
simonuineill
“Simple, Cheap and Friendly”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We live part time in Prague and love Cafe Archa. The menu is simple but the food good and wholesome - even fried cheese, omelettes and other vegetarian options. It's a small place - and like many places in Prague can get a bit smoky - but the staff, Honza and David, are lovely. Menus in Czech and English - and only 3 minutes walk from the Charles Bridge - this is a little hidden treasure if you just want to escape the bustling crowd and have a great value and tasty meal. They do a daily menu - three courses normally of soup, goulash and dessert for about 99CzK. My favourite is the Pork Schnitzel - (fried breaded pork).

• Visited December 2011
North West England
“Lovely little "Mom & Pop"place”
Reviewed December 18, 2009

We stumbled on this place whilst searching for somewhere for lunch on Sunday. Whilst only round the corner from the madness that is Charles Bridge, this is in a quiet little backwater. A fixed price three course lunch for Kr125! We had soup, wonderful goulash and a light apple strudle. Brilliant! A cosy little place rather like a tiny public bar in an old fashioned English pub. Very friendly service to boot. We'll be back.

3 Thank FluffChucker
Budapest, Hungary
“The best five years ago - and STILL is!”
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Almost five years ago I was in Prague on a class trip. We were in the Old Town with my friends and got hungry. Looking for a quiet little place, with affordable prices we found the Archa, and spent lunch there. I was so impressed by their goulash, that I couldn't forget its taste, and I promised myself to go back there, if I ever visit Prague again...
Now it happened. We travelled to Prague with my girlfriend to spend my birthday there. According to the promise to myself, we started looking for the Archa on the evening of our arrival. We needed some time to find it, since I only remembered the looks and its approx. location. Then finally we entered, and were seated. We ordered our goulash and fulfilled another self-promise, drink some Krusovice Cerne (dark) again! I dare say it's the best choice if you are a beer lover! The goulash is served on an oval plate, surrounded by dumplings, with a bit of tartare sauce on the top. It still tastes the best I have ever eaten so far. I can only recommend for everyone looking for a lovely place, excellent food and beer, accompanied by affordable prices. And all only five minutes from Charles' Bridge. During our three days of stay, we visited the place four times. It's cuisine and milieu is addictive!

3 Thank mravikt