“Good lunches, slightly sour service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant u Certa

Restaurant u Certa
Ranked #865 of 5,365 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Central European, Eastern European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mala Strana (Little Quarter)
London, United Kingdom
“Good lunches, slightly sour service”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My partner had been before, several years ago, so we wanted to try it together. It's in a handy location only a short way up the hill towards the castle. We had lunch and beer there one day (goulash and bread for him, lamb chops for me) - perfectly nice. We sat inside as the outside tables are on the pavement with a road running alongside. Service was from a fairly friendly lady. We found ourselves near there on our last day when we needed lunch but didn't have much time and, as it was a 'known quantity', we returned. This time, service was quite a bit slower and from a surly man. We ate chicken skewer and rabbit - again, good food and beer. Cheap price. Interesting interior - a few wooden devils dotted around - nothing sinister about it though. This is one of the places you read about in the guide books that gives you bread whether you want it or not and charges you for it whether you eat it or not.

• Visited August 2012

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
The Netherlands
“I walked away because of rude service”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I walked away because of rude service. Facial expression and answers to questions were unacceptable.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good selection of fish dishes”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We struggled to find a restaurant that offered more than one fish options, then we stumbled accross this restaurant. There was a good selection of fish eg shrimps and trout. It was a beautiful sunny day so we opted for the tables outside. The waitress was friendly and the service was efficient. I ordered the sword fish and my friend had the salmon. I had my fish with salad, my friend had fries and spinich. I have never had spinach that tasted so lovely. Our meal here, was the best we had in Prague, wish we found this restaurant earlier. After our meal we continued to sit outside and chill, we were not rushed at all. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
Leuven, Belgium
“still hungry after dining”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Me and 2 friends had a nice table outside the restaurant. We got our food 5 minutes after ordering (a little too quick in our opinion).The portions were really small, we were all hungry after our meals. So the quality and amount are rather poor compared to the price you have to pay compared to other restaurants.

• Visited July 2012
“A bit, well ......average I supP”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Read the reviews on here and maybe my expectations were a little too high as a result. Don't get me wrong-there was nothing bad about my experience but then nothing much to write home about either. My wife and I ate here on our first night of a three day city break of Prague and found the restaurant to be very quiet. We had a little quiet table for two out of the way which was ok but did not give us much of a view of the rest of the restaurant nor much chance to have a chat with any one other than each other which was fine.

The food was okay too. As said before, nothing to go nuts over but then again nothing wrong either. I had the boar steak which was, well......ok! Reasonable value and the wine was also nice (I dislike using that word as its so innocuous but perhaps appropriate here). The service was non-intrusive and a little reserved but then I think that's how a lot of Czech folks are until they find out that you are ok and then they seem to warm a little more. Overall this was not a bad experience by any stretch but on balance, for me it wasn't quite as good as some of the other reviews had me believe. A reliable and solid performance from this restaurant then. Enjoy.