“Fantastic, homely, traditional Czech food.”
Review of Zlaty Klas

Zlaty Klas
Ranked #305 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Czech, Eastern European
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Praha 5
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This restaurant is fantastic!

We went to the Zlaty Klas without looking at reviews, absolutely shattered from a relatively late flight into Prague. We turned up at around 9pm and they had a few people there still.

I took this opportunity to sink into some traditional Czech food and have some Czech beer. I had the '3 meat' dish for 199 Kc, and my partner had the Gnocchi for 119 Kc. Both were absolutely fantastic, and I couldn't believe the price. I had a Pilsner Urquell, which was 38 Kc, which tasted great!

We liked the place so much, we came back two more times on our trip to Prague! I had the Gnocchi the next two times, as it was just so good! My partner had the Risotto for just 99 Kc!

On our last visit, I had a few Dark Kozels (an equally fantastic beer), for just 35 Kc. Sank a few, and we decided to have the Apple Strudel, even though we were both stuffed (49 Kc). This was also fantastic.

I couldn't fault the restaurant in the slightest.

One recommendation? If it's absolutely packed (which it more than likely will be, as it's so good), and all of the tables say 'Reserved' on them, ask if they can accommodate you, as they did for us.

1  Thank PulseTurbo
There are newer reviews for Zlaty Klas

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Very good. Turned up without a reservation on a Saturday night and instantly got a table for two. Friendly staff, great beer, good food and excellent value. The only drawback is it was quite smokey.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was our fourth visit to Prague and on each we've eaten, and drank, in the Zlaty Klas. The beer and food are excellent with prices to match. We've learned from experience to stay away from it when it's likely to be busy. There is the difficulty of getting a table at these times but it's more to do with the smokey environment. Midweek or Sunday is probably the best time to enjoy on comfort.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Turned up on spec without a reservation, but managed to get a table for 4 people within 5 mins. It feels like a large bar that serves food, rather than a restaurant, but that’s OK. Service and food were excellent. Good atmosphere with lots of chatter. Only slight criticism is the fact that people were smoking in the bar / restaurant, which when you’re a non-smoker from a country where this is no longer allowed, it’s a bit of a pain. We were fairly lucky that most of the tables around us didn’t have any smokers, but we could still smell the smoke.

Would I go back, probably yes.

1  Thank 0K_LET5_G0
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Well we were worned that people in Prague really don't like Americans too much and this place really went out of their way to show it and actually was the only place we really had an issue with.

We had a very large group of people which didn't help matters, but when people asked if they could have ketchup or to leave something off of a dessert, there were told NO we can not do that or it was slammed on the table when it was brought out. Orders were taken wrong (maybe on purpose) or forgotten.

Our professors said this was the first time in the last four years of going there that they had a problem, but that they would not go there again.

Been to Zlaty Klas? Share your experiences!