“Decent food, poor atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurace Pod Viktorkou - CLOSED

Restaurace Pod Viktorkou
Cuisines: Central European, European, Czech, Eastern European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighborhood: Praha 3
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Decent food, poor atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Although this place looks fine inside, we ended up at one of the outside tables. The view consisted of concrete walls, dirty tiles and some fake flowers. The food was OK but really greasy. Isure won't come back here. (the waitress was very friendly though - service was good!)

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Simple no thrills food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

We ate here earlier in the week and were quite happy with the experience. There is nothing fancy about the restaurant, possibly even a bit drab, but the prices are reasonable. I opted for a dish from the Czech section of the menu, dumplings with smoked meat, which was very tasty. My wife chose the Spaghetti carbonara but felt it was bland (authentic then?).
Service was friendly and equally efficient - even though the place was busy.

• Visited February 2012
Wetherby, United Kingdom
“reccomended restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

lovely food,excellent hosts and a nice atmosphere. very reasonable too. shared starter for two,main courses and a bottle of wine for £15.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank bill h
Spain
“BEST TRADITIONAL CZECH FOOD WITH THE NICEST SERVICE YOU CAN IMAGINE…AND THEN, SO LOW PRICES !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

One year later I went back to Prague and again to the Restaurant U Pod Viktoriou. Since I entered I reminded the feeling of the nicest traditional Beeer Bar & Restaurant of Prague that I have known. It is a really nice to be in a place where everybody have the sensation of being welcomed. The decoration is plenty of collections of antiques electrical: radios, bulbs etc from the XIX and early XX centuries. The first day was Friday the 12th of August. I had no made reservation and the Restaurant was full, but the waiter (later I knew she is calles Jaja), said to me no problem. Send me to the small garden to wait some minutes for a table. Then the owner came to offered me a homemade brandy which was quite good, to entertain my waiting time. They do not lose that one possible client goes away because the Restaurant is full. And they do in a natural, friendly and pleasant way. When I got my table I had my favorite dish of kind of schnitzel with roasted potatoes and a delicious sauce. The cucumber salad which comes with it is unique. With a big Tap Urquell Pilsener beer. Next day I had the Goulash with Dumplings, other day the exceptional grilled salmon. In fact the cooker is extremely good, so good that you would not expect. And as they use good quality of the ingredients, the result is that everything from the menu is an excellent choice. The service is provided by Jaja, incredibly efficient and nice, always smiling even when working under pressure, and Petra ,also fantastic. The owner is always looking that everything is going well and helping himself. And then the bill always surprised me, because even if you have seen the prices on the Menu it is always less than you expect. It means that to have an excellent meal including beer costs less than 300 Czech Krones, so about 12 Euros!! There is another point that we also appreciated because we use to have dinner late, and is that the cook is working until 11 p.m. which is quite uncommon in Prague.
What is the worst part of this lost paradise? That it is starting to be discovered by other tourists, mainly by Italians, Spanish and French, and from 7:30 to 8:30 is quite full. But most of its clients still being locals and the tourists that I saw there were, in general, nice and good manners.
The place is a little be apart from the main monuments of Prague, in front of the Viktoria Zyskov football Stadium, in 55,Seifertova Street.
It is absolutely worthwhile to visit it for those looking for having a meal in a nice atmosphere, real excellent food, wonderful service and to spend very little money.
I have not find such a good relation quality/price in my many trips around the world.

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank Viajer023
Prague, Czech Republic
“Pub food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I went to visit this restaurant because I pass it for many years without going there.
It is a pub/restaurant. For a Czech pub better decorated than usual with a hint of an English style. The food is reasable and not so expensive, the service was good, but the food was far from exiciting: average.
So I dón't understand the other visitors who thought it to be excellent.

PM They make publicity for garden seating but it is realy a simple courtyard!

• Visited July 2011