“Amazing”

Ranked #49 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Rome, Italy
“Amazing”
Reviewed November 22, 2010

This is probably one of th ebest hotels I have stayed at. Service was amazing, the room exaclty and even better than the pictures. Excelent location, quiet and fun at the same time. Do not stay anywhere else if you can afford it!!

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 17, 2010

After reviewing many potential hotels online, we chose Buddha Bar because of its raving reviews and location. We were not disappointed. The location of the hotel is a 3-minute walk from the Old Town Square. So we are amidst old-time charm, restaurants and shops. We debated on whether to stay in New Town, Old Town or near the Castle. Luckily we pick the right choice of staying in Old Town because of its charm and nearby sites (Jewish Quarter and New Town are at very walkable distances. Castle is just too far way from everything else). The staff was very helpful and housekeeping made sure to make our room twice a day. Room decor is tastefully done with an Asian touch. Everything is very new and we get to make our own flavored coffee in our room with the fancy coffee machine. The tub is deep and big and we enjoyed the rain showers. The bed is a king plush bed. The hotel elevator requires you to input your hotel key to operate so I feel very secured and safe. Overall, I think Buddha Bar is a 5-star hotel with prices not over the top.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Devilry
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I planned a weekend getaway as a gift to my husband for his Birthday. I saw an ad of the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague in a magazine and felt curious. I didn't know what to expect but I must say I was very pleased with the result. Superbe locationt; the hotel is right in the center of the Old Town, you can walk everywhere from there, even get to the Castle. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We got a beautiful suite decorated in a modern Asian style that gave to the room a cozy and even a sexy atmosphere ideal for romantic getaways. The room is equiped with the latest technology, B&O TVs, lights and curtains functioning on remote control, etc. The room was spotless. Also the food at the hotel was very good and tasty, specially the sushi. Although a bit overpriced the quality was a 10.
Prague is a beautiful city you can't miss to visit.
Thank you Buddha-Bar Hotel for an unforgettable weekend in Prague. We will come back for sure!

Edinburgh
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We spent 4 nights at the Buddha Bar hotel at the beginning of October. The hotel is in a fantastic location, it probably couldn't be any better. We arrived early and our room was ready, after checking in we were taken to our room and offered a complimentary cocktail. This was a nice touch and they were delivered to our room. The room was great, it wasn't as big as I expected it to be and it was a bit dark, but it was a very nice room. After unpacking we went to the Siddharta cafe for some lunch. The food was ok, it was reasonably priced and we just wanted something quick before heading out. The hotel is great for little touches, free bottle of water is left in the room everyday, snacks are left at night and the bathrobe and slippers are different sizes - a big and small of each. Overall the hotel was great, reception staff very friendly, the room was clean with plenty of storage space, very comfortable bed and a coffee machine. I was in the hotel room one night and thought about renting a movie, there weren't many English language tv channels and I forgot to take any dvds with me. The cost of renting a movie was very very expensive so I decided against that. Also, breakfast really isn't very good, the toast in the morning was cold and the bread hadn't really been toasted, the bread seemed a bit stale. Every morning we got a different kind of coffee depending on who took the order, even though we asked for the same thing every day. The overall quality of breakfast wasn't as it should be for a hotel of this standard. I would recommend this hotel, but try to get as good a deal as you can on price and I would recommend having breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
BuddhaHotel, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
Dear Guest,

it is with great pleasure to read about your trip to Prague and we thank you for staying at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague. I must agree with you - the location of the hotel for sightseeing is perfect. I sicerely appreciate taking the time to share your experience with our services and acknowledge the small touches.

On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the standard of breakfast and the price of the movie rental. Please, accept my apologies for the inconvenience during your stay. As you are likely aware, the recognition of our guests is of paramount importance. It is never our intent to disappoint our guests nor provide anything less than the best in service and facilities. I will personally investigate the matter.

I do hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you in the near future and you will enjoy your time with us.

Best regards,
Veronika Fajcikova
Hotel Director
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2010

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my husband's birthday and after being picked up at the airport and shown to our fantastic room we couldn't stop smiling. From the fabulous decor and hi-tech gadgets, cozy ambiance, great service from all the staff to the perfect food in the Buddha Bar Restaurant - we really can't fault the place. We were given complimentary cocktails when we arrived and after a wonderful night's sleep we couldn't wait to go out next day and explore the City. Within 2 or 3 minutes of leaving the hotel, we were in the heart of the City in the Old Town Square and just couldn't take in how beautiful it all was. The Buddha Bar Hotel is a great place to base your holiday in Prague if you can tear yourself away from your room! Highly recommend to anyone thinking of going to Prague for a visit.

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel. The rooms/ hotel is beautifully decorated, with a slight incense smell throughout the hotel. The staff were very nice and professional and accomodated all of our needs. When you check in, they send a complimentary drink to your room, In addition, each day they bring up a tiny snack and chocolates to your room. The hotel is perfectly located in Prague - you can easily walk to all of the main sights from the hotel. The restaurant downstairs is also very good. I had arrived to Prague via a train from Budapest - and I am glad I took the advise of another reviewer by having the hotel send a car to pick us up. Our train was late, but the driver was right at the trainstop (with a sign with my name) and helped us with our luggage to the car. Cost was 630 CZ, but worth it, as we arrive at night and there were not many taxis around. I enjoyed my stay here and I will plan to stay here again if I ever come back to Prague.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Wales
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Met at the hotel door and luggage was whisked away. On entering the hotel our initial thoughts were it's a bit dark, but you do get use to it and yes we've made a good choice here. Checking-in was a very luxurious affair where we sat down while they explained the hotel to us, all very efficient. We were then taken up to our room which was on the top floor, it was stunning and the bed was huge, the bathroom was amazing with a huge bath in the middle of the room and a TV inset into the mirror. There was also a seperate toilet cubicle. Everything in the room was very high tech, electric opening windows and blinds the lights took some working out but once we had got the hang of it they were OK. We were offered complimentary cocktails either in our room or down in the bar we opted for the room and they soon arrived very nice too. Every night there was a turn down service and we were left chocolates, an orchid flower the weather forecast for the next 3 days and 2 little cakes on a bannana leaf. Our room had Nespresso coffee machine and it was nice to come back after a long day of site seeing and have a nice cup of coffee. We had breakfast every morning in the Siddharta cafe and although a little expensive especially for a cup of tea it was very nice. We also had dinner on e evening in the Buddha-bar restaurant - not cheap but the food was nice and the atmosphere was fantastic, you must try it once. I would definately stay in this hotel again as it was also very close to all the main attractions and the staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, truely a 5* hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple